Tainted Wisdom Vs Omega Devil Rematch Done - LOCK

Tainted Wisdom

An exact rematch of our last 1 on 1. Requested by Omega Devil.

The Goal:

make a level 4 monster with a base ATK and DEF of 3000 or higher.

I will wait until Omega Devil PM's me his card so I can post them together.

We will use the same cards as last time.

Our judge will be DeMeNTeD.

Prize. Loser gives 3 reps and an internetz to the winner. Both members must +rep the judge.

Added - winner must give 1 rep and an internetz to the loser as consolation.

Omega Devil's Card

190835pux.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can decrease the ATK of this card by 500 to place 1 Break Counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls. When a monster with a Break Counter attacks, take control of it at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Tribute 2 monsters with Break Counter on them to Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase.

My Card

23u7ywg.jpg

When this card is Summoned, it loses 2000 ATK and DEF. When this card is declared as an attack target, you can select 1 monster on the field and switch the attack target to that monster instead. If this effect is activated, skip your next Draw Phase. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster it destroys by battle. During each of your End Phases, you must remove from play 1 Spell Card you control. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Thanks, and good luck to you too. Love your effect now. One question though, if it is your opponent's monsters that you are putting the counters on then how do you Tribute them? I thought you couldn't Tribute your opponent's monsters?

EDIT: Never mind, I went back and looked at your effect. The control of your opponent's monster(s) don't end. Unless they are destroyed of course.

Devil:

Pic (8/10): It looks a bit blurry, and it's a little too dark, but it seems to fit alright.

Name (10/10): Seems aright.

OCG (18/20): This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can have this card lose 500 ATK of this card by 500 to place 1 Break Counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls. When a monster with a Break Counter attacks, take control of it at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Tribute 2 monsters with Break Counters on them to Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase.

Effect (20/20): It fits with the name & pic. And it shows some originality.

Balance (7/10): The ability to be Special Summoned from the Graveyard overpowers it. When it happens to be special summoned, it has all of it's ATK, ready to use for break counters again, not to mention you could whip out a "Shield & Sword" when it runs out of ATK. (The ATK and DEF may be changed only for 1 turn, but it can still go majorly into your favor.)

Beauty (8.5/10): Not a fan of that holo, but it's better than no holoing at all.

Personal Opinion (17.5/20): Nothing to say, really, other than that the idea isn't bad, but it isn't the "Greatest" out there. I recall doing a couple of similar ideas, myself.

Total: 89/100

Tainted Wisdom:

Pic (10/10): I've used that pic before; it's pretty cool, actually.

Name (10/10): Very original.

OCG (15/20): When this card is Summoned, it loses 2000 ATK and DEF. When this card is selected as an attack target, you can select 1 monster on the field and switch the attack target to another monster on the field. If you activate this effect is activated, skip your next Draw Phase. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster it destroys by battle. During each of your End Phases, you must remove from play 1 Spell Card you control. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Effect (17/20): Clever. Having it lose 2000 ATK & DEF when it's summoned. I'd call it useless (because you can just change the ATK & DEF to 1850/1500 and remove the 1st sentence from the effect), but it still qualifies for cards that revolve around monsters with high ATK/DEF (if it's not on the field, that is).

Balance (10/10): It looks balanced to me.

Beauty (8.5/10): The holo is better on this card. The gold sticker isn't really necessary unless it's 1st or Limited Edition.

Personal Opinion (19/20): Normally, I would've seen cards with 3000 original ATK/DEF, due to the task, but to go higher than that, and power it down the way you did was pretty impressive (Despite the automatic 2000 ATK/DEF decrease when it's summoned. That's kinda why the score is 19 and not 20. ;))

Total: 89.5/100

Victory goes to Tainted Wisdom.

Archived