Gotta Keep That Poker Face!

Deucalion

3787537917_9695c9da92.jpg

Special Summon a monster in face-down Defense Position. You can declare any ATK and DEF values for a monster Special Summoned by this card. A monster Special Summoned by this card can attack while it is in face-down Defense Position. If a monster Special Summoned by this card attacks while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn, your opponent may turn a monster Special Summoned by this card face-up. If the ATK and DEF values you declared are equal to the ATK and DEF values of the monster Special Summoned by this card's effect, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. Otherwise, inflict 1000 points of damage to yourself.

Blargh, this card was hard as hell to word. Anyways, basically it means I play a face down monster, and call a random attack. Let's say I summon a face down Murgle, which has 1200 ATK and 200 DEF, but I say my face down monster has 3000 ATK and 2500 DEF. Each turn, I can attack with a 3000 ATK monster, and all damage calculation will be treated as though my Murgle has 3000 ATK. However, it any moment, my opponent can call my bluff. She doesn't think I have a 3000/2500 monster, and asks me to flip it. Unfortunately, she's right, I only have a Murgle, and I lose 1000 life points.

Alternatively, I could Special Summon a Blue Eyes in face down, and say 3000 ATK and 2500 DEF. She thinks she can call my bluff again, does, finds it isn't a bluff, loses 1000 Life Points, and has an angry BEWD to deal with.

But yeah. It's all about the poker face.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking for someone to partner with for a set or two, maybe. Just someone who I can bounce ideas off, and vice versa, you know? If anyone's interested, just PM me. =)

*shrugs*

The inspiration came from the card game Cheat. You call a bluff wrongly at Cheat, you often end up getting a good twenty cards and crashing out. It's all about knowing your opponents tells. If you had perfect intuition, you could simply give your opponent -1000 every single time by predicting every single time they try to bluff it.

Oh, thank god! When I clicked on this thread and read the title, I thought it was some n00b Pop Culture Card of Lady Gaga ( which sucks :/ ).

I was thinking that it was OP'ed' date=' until I read the last part. It's still OP'ed, but not as much.

[/quote']

That.

VERY innovative/creative effect. It's amazing. Pic makes me paranoid for some reason.

8.8 / 10

The cost is a decent idea, I could do that, but the burn needs to be equal for both sides, it's a double or nothing, winner takes all thing. How much of a cost would this card need? 500 LP? I mean, that way you could stand to lose 1500 LP if your bluff gets called. EDIT: Or I could restrict it to level 6 and below monsters, so that you'd know if people start declaring things like 3000/2500.

EDIT 2: Wait, what? 6/10? Why? I thought the picture was good, and I haven't seen it used before, the effect is original, the OCG is as far as I can tell without mistakes. The only problem is the OP'dness, and it isn't ridiculously OP'd, seeing as you could stand to lose 1000 LP, it's a double-edged sword. How did I magically lose 4 marks? 8 I could understand...

Archived