A Pm or Thread of some sort?

well, seeing as there are alot of people who spam and use attachments etc, isn't there someway of sending them an auto pm or send them to an auto thread or to the thread of the rules and what not,it just seems silly because of all the rule breaks although half of the time people don't read them anyway so is anyone in suuport?

Supporters: (5)

OMGAKITTY

awesome66

Ovechkin Rocks

cerberus21

corlock20

Are you saying that when they join, they are PM'd the rules? If that is what you are saying, then that would be a good idea. I'm not so sure about support though, because I don't know if it can be done. When you donate points, you send a PM, but when people join could be different, because so many people join.

Are you saying to pm all new users this message or automatically pm it to spammers?

I assumed you meant pm it to spammers as soon as they post, which would be impossible because there is no way to predict how each person will spam, like how microsoft isn't gramatically perfect, even w/ spell and grammer checks, because it is impossible to script every possible way of spamming.

No, meaning to pm new members as soon as they create their account to show them the rules, just so they actually see them, instead of them just continuing without looking at them at all.

Spammers can never be stopped there is always someone who spams or does somthing like flam.

I would support but... they might not listen. You could even spam their screen with the link' date=' and they'll just ignore it.

[/quote']

On the other hand, it honestly wouldn't take that much work to install, and some of the newbs (albeit, a very very small number) might actually...read the rules. It wouldn't cut down on noobish posts much (if at all), but there's really no drawback to trying.

Why thank Kitty for explaining it to him :P

it just could cut down on the small proportion who spam, and sometimes people don't even know there is a thread with the rules on, so if we told them where it is and to check it out, then they might understand and do it.

V_V

of course, don't be that harsh dude.

It could work, their is a chance it will.

Im not saying their isn't a reason for the report button but the reason people report is because they have done somthing against the rules and just so they do actually read (thosse who do anyway)

V_V

of course' date=' don't be that harsh dude.

It could work, their is a chance it will.

[/quote']

Oh, that was harsh? O_o

You really want harsh? I'll be psychic and think you want no.

So there.

But yeah, if it is installed into the YCM System, when YCMaker stops being lazy and helps the site actually for a change, it wouldn't cut that much spam.

EDIT: Read your edit. They need to read the rules in the first place so that doesn't happen in the first place.

True.....True but what im seeing is so they actually DO have a look at it or just even see it' date=' most of the time new members don't look at it all.

[/quote']

About that most of the time, how much of the time are we talking here? At least 90% of of the time at least?

*Besides, I didn't read the rules when I first joined, (Yes, I am coming out of the closet), but I knew what not to do, spam, flame, etc. So when I look back, I manged pretty well without the rules.

So it's all a matter if know what to do and what not do. Sometimes I read the rules just for the heck of it, or just to check back on anything, because of a certain scenario that just occurred.

*= Some of that, might not be true, I don't remember if I read the rules back then or not. I did however, read some of the rules to the CC Section, but not all of it.

:|

Archived