Question about a couple of cards

War Kittens

Question

I don't know if this would be the place to put it, but it is a question so...

Okay, so I had activated Tower of Babel and then activated 3 Spell Cards that turn to put 3 Spell Counters on it. My friend placed a Magical Plant Mandragola face-down so as to use its effect. He said that when I attacked it, it would place a Spell Counter on Tower of Babel and then I would lose 3000 Life Points due to its effect. I said that Tower of Babel would just be destroyed and noone would take damage because the card specificly states "inflict 3000 damage to the player that activated the Spell Card at that time." Tower of Babel says nothing about monster effects. So which one of us is right? We argued for about 10 minutes about this until we decided to go with my theory just for that one duel. I'd like to know which one it would be before I face him again.

4 answers to this question

If something places a Spell Counter on a card' date=' then I would say he was right. No, it doesn't state monster effects, but you placed a Spell Counter on it, and that was what it needed.

[/quote']

That is incorrect. The Spell Counters are just a way for them to count spells (which was foolish of Konami, though I'm not surprised). If that activates, then the counter cannot be placed on the card.

Archived