✪✪The Spriting HQ✪✪SpOTM Host✪✪SpOTM #01✪✪

Snitch

[align=center]I have permission from Blood Rose. Yay verily. =P

Original Thread:

| ==> 「SpOTW」 <== | ==> 「Splice Of The Week #1」 <== |

I have decided to bring it upon myself to bring upon what PaRaDoX attempted to bring upon but did not successfully bring upon if that makes sense. Needless to say, this is now the new spriting competition, namely: Sprite of the Month. Yes, it was originally splice, but we all like to have a bit of variety, correct?

✪Rules✪

1) Each challenge will have it's set rules and restrictions possible. Should you not follow these, your sprite will be declined.

2) Any entry must be newly made, meaning that any pre-made sprites will not be accepted. Should you manage to trick myself and get a sprite in, proof that this sprite is pre-made will result in an immediate ban from this contest. Forever.

3) Plagiarism will result in an immediate ban from this contest. Forever also.

4) You are allowed to criticise and comment on each others entries, but please don't result as low to flame or just state a sprite is fail. You can say it's bad and how to improve, but just not "That's sh!t."

5) Spam will not be appreciated, but feel free to have general-sprite-related discussion.

6) I have the right to ban anyone and refuse any sprite from this competition.

7) Discussion of whom you have voted for in the current competition is prohibited, even by PM. If you are PM'd or 'bribed' to vote for someone, report it to me and I will ban the briber.

✪Current✪Challenge✪

Free Round

Entry reserving is allowed.

All sprites must be PM'd to me.

✪Dates✪

Competition starts today, August 10th 2009.

Competition ends on August 31st 2009.

Voting will begin on August 29th 2009. PM me your vote. Any votes posted in the thread will be denied.

Voting will end on August 30th 2009.

Winners will be announced on September 2nd 2009, the start of the next contest.

✪Current✪Entrants✪

Catman

x5qrm9.jpg

✪Prizes✪

I'm not the richest person ever, so feel free to PM me with a donation to the prize pot.

(Additional things can be added, such as: a tag/sig, a sprite sig, reps, etc.)

(1st)

-A gold sprite trophy with the winning sprite on it.

-750 points.

-3 reps.

[Automatic Place in SpOTM #2 - September.]

(2nd)

-A silver sprite trophy with the sprite on it.

-350 points.

-2 reps.

(3rd)

-A bronze sprite trophy with the sprite on it.

-200 points.

-1 rep.

<-->

[spoiler=✪The✪Grading✪System✪]The Grading system works like this, instead of /10:

A+ - Perfect, no errors, beautifully executed. [Hall of Fame]

A - Practically perfect, with either only few errors or just not enough of an 'impact'. [Hall of Fame]

A- - Just off an A with an almost perfect, probably with a few errors and not enough impact. [Hall of Fame]

B+ - Nearly scraping the A level, this sprite is well done with limited errors. Keep trying!

B - A good level to aim for if you consider yourself 'experienced'. Most of the good sprites will end up here, with only a few errors and the sort.

B- - Just missing the B mark, but this is still a good sprite.

C+ - The general just-above-average level.

C - Perfect average. Your sprite has errors, but is still good enough to be showcased somewhere.

C- - Just below average - keep trying!

D+ - Your sprite has quite a few errors and problems, listen to the Judges' crit.

D - Your sprite makes us want to possibly commit suicide, though still doubtful. Keep trying. ;D

D- - Eurgh. This is almost, almost, the worst sprite ever. You need a lot of work. [Hall of Shame]

E - Denied from the competition and ending up in the Hall of Shame...you are the worst spriter EVER! But you can still try to improve. ;D

[spoiler=✪Judges✪and✪Contestants✪]Feel free to apply to be a judge by PM. I will give you a sprite to rate, and you will judge it.

Current Judges

Snitch ✪ Head Judge.

Pragboy 1 ✪ Head Judge.

Current Contestants

Viva La Catman ✪ Entry received.

Zeroshot ✪ Reserved.

lightswornsrock ✪ Reserved.

BlazeVGR ✪ Reserved.

Ma'jik ✪ Reserved.

[spoiler=✪The✪Halls✪of✪Fame✪and✪Shame✪]The Halls of Fame and Shame, eh? The Hall of Fame signifies a sprite that received at least an A- from our judges. The Hall of Shame is any sprite that got a D- or below. Might be better to stay out of there then, eh? ^w^

Hall of Fame

None ✪ Non-existent.

Hall of Shame

None ✪ Non-existent.

[spoiler=✪Additional✪Challenges✪]Well, well, well, additional challenges? Well, there are some fun little games and serious battles here, just take your pick.

The 1v1 Ladder

Ah, the 1v1 ladder. We all need one. To sign-up, just make a post in this thread saying you want to. You will always start at '0'. Winning will make you go up a level, whilst losing will make you go down. However, you cannot go further down than -3 or higher than 10. You can challenge anyone three levels or less above you, but not below. That being said, anyone who's reached 10 can easily be brought down to 9. So, yeah! ^w^

The challenger will choose the rules, but the challenged can choose to decline. However, the challenged player may only decline twice in a row to any challenge before having to play the 1v1. One judge will be assigned to choose the winner. The judge can either be chosen by the challenger or a random judge will be assigned.

[spoiler=1v1 Contestants]

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[spoiler=✪White✪and✪Black✪Lists✪]Ah, the whitelist and blacklist. Whitelist, needless to say, is for 'white' things that you've done - good things. The blacklist is the opposite, and landing on the blacklist also means you are banned from SpOTM.

Whitelist

Snitch ✪ Thread Creator

Blacklist

None ✪ Non-existent.

So, enjoy The Spriting HQ!

[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived