Death Bishop vs. Maliki [Death Bishop 5 ; Maliki 0]

Death Bishop

[align=center][spoiler= Rules]• Must make Spell Card having something to do with Special Summoning.

• Winner is first person to get 6 votes (or by 18th of August 2009).

• NO POLL!

• Loser gives Winner 3 reps.

Card A

158379o.jpg

[spoiler= Effect]This card can only be activated when your Life Points are 3000 or more. When this card is activated, Special Summon 2 "Hazardous Flame" Tokens (Pyro-Type/FIRE/Level 1/0 ATK/ 0 DEF). The Tokens cannot be released for Advanced Summon. When a Token is destroyed, destroy 1 monster on your opponents side of the Field. This card is destroyed once both Tokens are destroyed by Battle.

Card B

206999u.jpg[/align]

CARD A

This card can only be activated when your Life Points are 3000 or more. When this card is activated, Special Summon 2 "Hazardous Flame" Tokens (Pyro-Type/FIRE/Level 1/0 ATK/ 0 DEF). The Tokens cannot be released for Advanced Summon. When a Token is destroyed, destroy 1 monster on your opponents side of the Field. This card is destroyed once both Tokens are destroyed by Battle.

The OCG for the first line is incorrect. Real cards use "when you have 3000 Life Points or more", examples being Trap of Darkness. The tokens are laid out differently on real cards, in the form of "ATK 0/DEF 0", as seen in Phantom Skyblaster, and "Hazardous Flame Tokens" is their name. Advanced Summon is the OCG used on the OCG, I'm judging by TCG standards here, which means that is wrong, and should ""Hazardous Flame Tokens" cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon." Opponents needs a possessive apostrophe. By Battle does not need caps. Field does not need caps.

OCG: 6/10

Balance-wise, it's confusing. Because the card simply states "When a Token is destroyed" in line 4, it doesn't specify which card. That means this card could be taken to simply mean when ANY Token is destroyed - you haven't specified which Tokens. If that's the case, this card is badly broken with something like Scapegoat. Similarly, it's very difficult to destroy this card at all, as you've simply put "Both Tokens". Both of which tokens? Also the first part says "When a Token is destroyed, destroy 1 monster", and the second says "This card is destroyed once both Tokens are destroyed by Battle". So what happens if "the Tokens", whichever Tokens they are, get destroyed by a Spell/Trap/Effect card? This card hangs around, continually burning your opponent for every Token that is destroyed.

Balance: 6/10

That said, I like the picture. Fits the YuGiOh style, it's nice to look at. The card is also fairly original.

Pic: 9/10

Originality: 9/10

Overall: 75%. A dcenet card, but rereading it and correcting some errors really could have improved it a lot.

CARD B

First line should be "You can Special Summon 1 "Golem" monster that was removed from play from your side of the field.", because if it has been RFPed, you don't control it, making that first line nonsensical. Should be monster on the second part, not Monster.

OCG: 8/10

The balance is kinda underpowered. The first part is alright, I suppose it could be useful support for something, but it's nothing spectacular, seeing as there areb't really any truly useful "Golem" cards. I mean, if you ran a Little/Medium/Big Piece Golem deck and something got removed from play, you could possibly combo this, but it is unlikely.

The second part is downright useless - there are only two Normal Golems, Destroyer Golem (ATK 1500/DEF 1000/Level 4), and Millenium Golem (ATK 2000/DEF 2200/Level 6), and they're appalling monsters even by Normal standards. Why would you lose two cards, Golem Revival and whatever you discard, for either of those? The second effect may not as well exist for all the good it does.

Balance: 7/10

The Originality isn't particularly high, it's two really basic effects stuck together to seem more impressive. The pic is okay, but not in the YuGiOh style.

Originality: 6/10

Picture: 8/10

Overall: 72.5% Really basic. Even with fixed OCG, this'd be no masterpiece.

Conclusion: while at the current point in time, Card A isn't much better than Card B, Card A has an awful lot of potential, if it was corrected and brushed up a bit. No matter what you do to Card B, it'll never be fantastic. So, here I'm going for Card A, that's my vote.

Archived