Lichlord Dragon (Completely Original Effect Guaranteed)

Deucalion

So, the story goes like this: I was randomly flicking through the wikia, looking at effects that involve Monster Card Zones, you know, stuff like Ojama Knight. Then, I came across the beauty of a Space Invaders reference that is Alien Infiltrator. The effect fascinated me, because it focuses in moving Alien Infiltrator around. I started thinking "why not take that further? Why not have a monster that can move anywhere? perhaps make it like in drafts, where if it gets from one side to the other, it powers up?". So, I created a monster based on that.

3814493976_9e4ca8e59d.jpg

1 "Plaguespreader Zombie" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card must be Summoned to one of your unoccupied Spell/Trap Card Zones. Once per turn, this card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card or Spell/Trap Card Zone, including those on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot attack during the turn in which you activate this effect. If this card reaches the opponent's Spell/Trap Card Zone, it can attack directly.

Personally, I think this is one of the best cards I've ever made, because it brings in a whole new mindgame - trying to stop it getting from once side to the other. You could slow it down by putting a monster in it's way - it either has to attack, slowing it down one turn, or sidestep, before continuing, you could put down as many Spells and Traps as possible, to prevent it entering your Spell/Trap Card Zone, etc, etc. It's not (or at least, I don't think so) even particularly over-powered, seeing as it will take a minimum of at least three turns before this card can attack directly. So yeah.

*shrugs* If it survives two turns, it takes up one of your opponent's Monster Card Zones, reducing their field strength. If it survives three turns, you can do 2900 damage, and block 1 Spell/Trap Card Zone. Four turns, 5800 + block 1 S/T, five turns, 6700 + block 1 S/T, six turns, you win. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

Deucalion: It's a nice enough idea, I suppose, but I don't think you have any idea how much removal is running around these days... I mean, for starters, they could easily wipe it out with Ryko or Celestia... And if that doesn't work, there's always Lyla to destroy Spells and Traps regularly.

Still, it's a pretty cool card. Do you have the original image lying around? I'd like to check it out, if you don't mind. ^^

[quote='Cyber_Ice' pid='2788875' dateline='1250110686']
Deucalion: It's a nice enough idea, I suppose, but I don't think you have any idea how much removal is running around these days... I mean, for starters, they could easily wipe it out with Ryko or Celestia... And if that doesn't work, there's always Lyla to destroy Spells and Traps regularly.

Still, it's a pretty cool card. Do you have the original image lying around? I'd like to check it out, if you don't mind. ^^
[/quote]

Sorry, I was thanking the guy above you, we musta posted at almost the same time. Ja, it does run into trouble with Lightsworns, but I can't do much about that without either making it seem contrived and a deliberate ploy to stop the Lightsworns, or intrinsically changing the card effect. I could possibly make a monster whose effect is that if he is used to as Synchro Summon Material for Lichlord Dragon, Lichlord Dragon can be summoned in one of your monster zones, decreasing the turn count by 1, but that's probably the best I can do.

Original image is here: http://njoo.deviantart.com/art/Lich-Dragon-130800957

Do note I cropped it, touched up the some of the intensities of the greens (the eyes and the energy ball in the mouth) and resized it on Photoshop, though. =3

[quote]0.o Great.....card. So does it move to the opponent's Spell & Trap Zone once it's reached the end of yours? Other than that, Beautiful card great OCG mind-bending effect and cool pic.

9.5/10 - Great card, that one discrepancy messes up the card though.[/quote]

No, because your opponent's Spell/Trap Zones aren't adjacent to yours. It gets to your opponent's spell/trap zone by first going through from Spell/Trap Zone your Monster Card Zone, then from your Monster Card Zone their Monster Card Zone, then from their Monster Card Zone to their Spell/Trap Zone.

No' date=' because your opponent's Spell/Trap Zones aren't adjacent to yours. It gets to your opponent's spell/trap zone by first going through from Spell/Trap Zone your Monster Card Zone, then from your Monster Card Zone their Monster Card Zone, then from their Monster Card Zone to their Spell/Trap Zone.

[/quote']

Okay, you may wanna clear that up in the effect dunno if i'm the only person who read it and had that question or not.

i'm gonna be honest

i actually hate cards whose effects rely on where they are on the field

who ever originally thought it was cool to move a card from one spot to another on the same side of the field actually deserves to use such horrible tactics

cards with effects like Rampaging Rhynos, Blasting Fuse etc should really be abandoned

As a person who doesn't care about metagame or whatever, and just pays attention to how original and overall balanced the effect is, I'd say this is quite good. I mean, I'm sure Cyber is correct when he is saying that it'd be slaughtered against certain types of cards, but, as long as using this card makes a duel interesting and exciting, it's a great plus for me.

I wasn't too excited about the effects on the card, which were kinda cool the first time I saw them but are really boring now, but the image is nice.

I'd say you should make a few support cards to make this one's job easier and make it more competitive, or maybe base a whole set around it.

It's a good card, but maybe a bit hard to use, as it does take 3 turns to get into position to attack, and you know that your opponent will be targeting that monster with all he has, or blocking by clogging his own Spell/Trap card zones.

Depsite that, it's very balanced, original and highly artistic.

9/10

Archived