Invader Zim

Snitch

[align=center]Anyone remember this show? I'm sure some people do; let's admit, it was great. Anyway, I wasn't entirely sure why the show was cancelled - aside from something to do with a 'blood-coated Gir'. Now, upon further research, I was quite amazed at the results. If you get easily freaked out by blood, don't read on. >>;

[spoiler=The Image]BloodyGIR.png

So, what exactly is this bloody Gir? Well, to put it simply - it's an 'Easter Egg', so to say, of the show. It's a single frame that is placed randomly, transparently, over other frames. Much like in the Exorcist, where a demonic face appears three times within the film, Steve Ressel, director of Invader Zim, claims this:

"The bloody Gir was this single frame drawing that Chris Graham drew and I was putting it into the show at random points hidden within things. It is very hard to make out....and I am not telling where or when those frames are (you have to be a master to see bloody GIR, even with a frame by frame VCR). If anyone finds it...let me know. He is in several places through the last 14 shows. We tried to get him put into 'Girs Rubber Piggy' when the last pig goes through the portal: that was the first one and i don't think it stayed....you have to check....if it is there it is faint faint."

Now, normally, you would only see the head in an image, as below:

[spoiler=The Head]BloodyGIRHead.png

But the reason that parents outraged was because this is all true. Bloody Gir has been found in a few episodes, the strongest viewed in the intro sequence of Mortos der Soulstealer, as also seen below.

[spoiler=Bloody Gir in sequence, Image 1+2]bloodygirmortos.jpg

bloodygirmortos2.jpg

It's easy to spot if you have an easy eye.

As said above, they were to put it in the final portal of Bad Bad Rubber Piggy, and they did, and it still remains there faintly:

[spoiler=Bloody Gir in Bad Bad Rubber Piggy]bloodygirbbrp.jpg

Additionally, the Bloody Gir also momentarily appears in Plague of Babies - during the voot cruiser sequence, he can be seen in the bottom left corner whilst Zim and Gir are screaming.

Now - basically, the director killed his own show, but why?

Disc.

[/align]

For teh lulz of course.

Or maybe he just got bored and did a thing that kids could try and spot out.

[align=center]It's frame-by-frame. You need a frame processor to see them' date=' so you can go through.

What fun, trying to see stuff in a single frame. xD[/align']

Shouldn't this belong in the Multimedia area?

It's not a discussion thread about the show; it's a discussion thread of why the show was cancelled' date=' therefore resulting in general. In my opinion, anyway. If I was discussing Invader Zim, then I would put it there, but my point is focused on this single aspect.[/center']

I think that if he would've waited to release this information until after the series was completed, then parents would've still been outraged but his show wouldn't've been canceled. The parents freaked out at the thought that there was a chance that their poor, little children would be corrupted by teh evi1 of teh b100d. Funny that the shot of Keef's eyes getting RIPPED OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS never even got a single angry letter.

The series was cancelled after little more than a year of its first air; only 27 half-hour episodes were made' date=' most split into two 11-minute episodes. Episodes in the second season aired first internationally and later aired on Nicktoons Network in 2006. The show was cancelled despite its good ratings, ostensibly due to its dark tone and violence, although in the DVD commentary Vasquez said he would never go back to Viacom. They had signed a contract agreeing that they would make a season finale (which was intentionally the unfinished movie, "Invader Dib").[/quote']

Wikipedia Says it all.

The series was cancelled after little more than a year of its first air; only 27 half-hour episodes were made' date=' most split into two 11-minute episodes. Episodes in the second season aired first internationally and later aired on Nicktoons Network in 2006. The show was cancelled despite its good ratings, ostensibly due to its dark tone and violence, although in the DVD commentary Vasquez said he would never go back to Viacom. They had signed a contract agreeing that they would make a season finale (which was intentionally the unfinished movie, "Invader Dib").[/quote']

Wikipedia Says it all.

I find that incredibly spammy, tbh. That has nothing to do with the topic, and the show was cancelled because of the 'dark tone' of said image. The show itself is comedy, no more. ._.

Zim was canceled because Vasquez wanted to take the show in a more adult direction (much like Ren and Stimpy), and Nick didn't want that. Vasquez pretty much quit over the differences, and the show was discontinued.

@War Kittens: lol, "Dark Harvest" was way worse than the Keef episode.

And on a related topic, I just spent all of yesterday watching every single episode of Invader Zim. Because I could. >_>

The Balonga one is still the best.

@ OMGAKITTY: then they coulda put it on Nick at Night with George Lopez

@ Max C. which episode was it

1) He tried to get it on MTV... but I don't remember why it didn't make =/

2) I don't remember =/ But it was in the opening scene

1) MTV has spongebob on it, so if they have that, why dont they have Invader Zim

2) Just seeing bloddy Gir is a impressive feat, its like playing eye spy except you need a frame by frame view to see him

1) MTV has spongebob on it' date=' so if they have that, why dont they have Invader Zim

2) Just seeing bloddy Gir is a impressive feat, its like playing eye spy except you need a frame by frame view to see him

[/quote']

xD We read about it, so my brother and I were trying out hardest to find it... We thought we saw it, so we paused and rewinded and went frame by frame... and it was like BAMM!! XD

1) MTV has spongebob on it' date=' so if they have that, why dont they have Invader Zim

[/quote']

xD We read about it, so my brother and I were trying out hardest to find it... We thought we saw it, so we paused and rewinded and went frame by frame... and it was like BAMM!! XD

cool, i saw it 2 times on youtube i went slowly i wnet passed, my sister passed by said hes right there pointing at the lower left corner and he was right there

Archived