Ponyo!

Catman25

Yes' date=' it is by Hayao Miyuzaki, the very same genius behind Spirited Away. I want to see it strictly for that reason. I believe it will be nothing short of amazing.

[/quote']

But remember, it's being supervised by Disney.

And Disney is that evil corporation of nutjobs trying to take us over. Using the same strategies and 4Kids.

On Topic: Movie looks weird [/topic]

lolmythread.

Yes' date=' it is by Hayao Miyuzaki, the very same genius behind Spirited Away. I want to see it strictly for that reason. I believe it will be nothing short of amazing.

[/quote']

But remember, it's being supervised by Disney.

All Studio Ghibli (aka, Miyazaki) films are run through Disney. They actually have a pretty strict contract on what Disney can edit. For the most part, Miyazaki movies come through intact (I mean, come on, Ponyo had a freaking Water Goddess that people were praying to)

As for the movie itself:

Its much lighter than the rest of Miyazaki's work, but its fun. Animation seems a bit weak at points, but it could have been intentional.

It just seems wierd that Disney's putting their name on an anime movie.

Not really. Endorsement from Disney helps attract viewers that don't know much about the anime genre' date=' or Miyazaki films. Plus, if Studio Ghibli tried to get this movie to the US on its own, I doubt it would ever make it to theaters (even with Disney it only made it to select theaters)

I think it's going to be stupid.

I think you're stupid.

Not really. Endorsement from Disney helps attract viewers that don't know much about the anime genre' date=' or Miyazaki films. Plus, if Studio Ghibli tried to get this movie to the US on its own, I doubt it would ever make it to theaters (even with Disney it only made it to select theaters)

I think you're stupid.

No, I don't want to be mean or anything, but I'm not into movies like that.

I think you're stupid.

Do tell. What do you mean by "movies like that"?

I sincerely hope you're not one of those people who hates anime just for the fact that its animated.

Protip: not all anime is for children.

lolGANTZ

I think you're stupid.

Do tell. What do you mean by "movies like that"?

I sincerely hope you're not one of those people who hates anime just for the fact that its animated.

Protip: not all anime is for children.

lolGANTZ

No I don't just hate them because it's anime. I liked Howls Moving Castle. Just Ponyo looks pointless to me and I don't think it will be good.

Archived