[~OR~ Tuts]How to make a Successful card Sucessful

.Leo

Is this a Good Tutorial on How to Make Cards?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this a Good Tutorial on How to Make Cards?

[align=center]Welcome to my "How to make a Sucessful card Sucessful Tutorial

[image Credit ~ wanderley] We will be using a cared pic from his in the Tutorial.

First we will start off with Monster Cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Name

Your name should be at least 2 Words long.

Good Name~ Spellcaster of Ace

BAD Name~ Warrior

Try to be creative to with your name. Think of whatever you can. Make sure it has more then 1 word in it. I choose Spellcaster of Ace for our Demo

So Far:

315534t.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Level and Attribute and Rarity

Level:

Chose carefully. It is basded on your ATK/DEF and power of the effect.

Attribute:

Chose it based on the pic. If it has Water it should be Water. If it has Fire it should be Fire.

Rarity:

Not really a big deal. The higher the Level it should be higgher the Rarity

I choose 8 Stars, the Attribute LIGHT and Super Rare for our monster.

So Far:

315534i.jpg

Type of Monster

There are to 2 Columns. You pic 1 from Each Column

Column 1 Column 2

Regular Monster Effect

Ritual Monster Normal/Vanilla

Fusion Monster Gemini

Synchro Monster Tuner

Spirit

Union

For our monster i chose Regular Monster and Effect

So Far:

315534o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture

A picture is key to a great card. Here are some links for some great pictures. If you pick from the Custom Image Gallerys remember to give credit.

www.deviantart.com

www.photobucket.com

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-18348.html

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-149175.html

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-146589.html

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-133431.html

I choose a PIc from wanderleys Image Archive

So Far:

315534m.jpg

Effect and Balancing

Your Effect Should be about 2 or more Phrases long. You may see that people refer to as your card being OPed. That means your card is to strong for its Level or the Game. for more powerful effects you should have drawbacks. For Example if the monster lets you automaticlly destroy all cards your opponent controls have some drawbacks like "Pay xxxx Life Points," "You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn," "Discard X cards from your hand."

x~ Chose your own number. Make it resonable though.

ATK and DEF Balancing

Real Easy. Look at some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. That might give you an idea. If you think your ATK or DEF is to high for a certain Level monster you have 2 choices

~ Lower the ATK or DEF

~ Add a drawback

So Far:

315534k.jpg

OCG (Offical Card Grammar)

Here is a Thread that will help you with your OCG.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-141678.html

Since i had a few errors here is it Fixed

So Far:

315534e.jpg

Types of Monsters

When making a Realistic Card use this types only

~ Aqua

~ Beast

~ Beast-Warrior

~ Dinosaur

~ Dragon

~ Fairy

~ Fiend

~ Fish

~ Insect

~ Machine

~ Plant

~ Psychic

~ Pyro

~ Reptile

~ Rock

~ Sea Serpant

~ Spellcaster

~ Thunder

~ Warrior

~ Winged Beast

~ Zombie

So Far:

315534k.jpg

Circulation and Set ID

Circulation: Not really important. Just put "1st Edition"

Set ID: This is what set it is in and What Number of the set.

Finished Product:

315534fkn.jpg

Examples by Max Darkness

[spoiler=Fusion Monsters]

For a Fusion Monster; the Fusion Material Monsters must always be in speech marks. Also, Fusion Monsters tend to be related to their Material Monsters. For example, 2 LIGHT monsters fusing would not make an EARTH monster.

119569qzx.jpg

Effect: "Phoenix-Reborn Flames" + "Phoenix-Reborn Flames" + "Phoenix-Reborn Flames"

If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it during the End Phase of the turn. If you do, pay 750 Life Points. This card is also treated as a FIRE monster. Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, your opponent discards a number of Monsters from their Deck equal to the number of cards in your hand. You can negate the effects of Spell and Trap Cards that designate this card.

There is a second kind of Fusion Monster that does not require “Polymerisation”. ‘Contact Fusion’ monsters have effects as such:

119569vyd.jpg

Effect: "Avenger-Class" + "Frontier-Class" + "Invictus-Class"

This card can only be Special Summoned from your Fusion Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card is treated as a "Starship" monster. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle, put 1 Starship Counter on this card. This card gains ATK equal to the number of Starship Counters on this card x 400.

It is the first part of the effect that is important. Note that the Fusion Material Monsters are still listed; but there is an extra sentence between them and the effect:

This card can only be Special Summoned from your Fusion Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".)

This sentence must be included if you want to make a Contact Fusion Monster.

A final point is that a Normal Fusion Monster, as in a Fusion Monster with no effect does NOT have a description in the same way as a Normal Monster. If a Fusion Monster has no effect, it will simply have the Fusion Material Monsters.

[spoiler=Synchro Monsters]

Synchro Monsters have very specific summoning conditions. A Synchro Monster can only be Synchro Summoned when you Tribute 1 Tuner monster and any number of non-Tuner monsters whose total Levels equal the Synchro Monster’s Level exactly; no more, no less. As such, the beginning of every Synchro Monster reads: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters. (There are some specific cases, as shown below.)

119569y.jpg

Effect: 1 "Starship" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters

This card is also treated as a FIRE monster. This card is treated as a "Starship" monster. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can discard 3 cards from your hand or Deck. If you do, pick up the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck. Add any Machine-Type monsters picked up to your hand. Place any other card(s) on the bottom of your opponent's Deck.

Normal Synchro Monsters, ie Synchro Monsters without an effect does NOT have a description like a Normal Monster. A Normal Synchro Monster will have the Summoning conditions only.

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters]

When making a Ritual Monster, you have to make two things. The Ritual Monster and it’s Ritual Spell Card. Ritual Spell Cards are rather simple:

119569b.jpg

Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Forgotten Spellcaster". You must also offer monsters as a Tribute whose total Levels equal 5 or more from the field or your hand.

All follow the same pattern; so simply learn what to write for them.

Ritual Monsters too have specific sentences that must be included. All Ritual Monsters have this sentence at the beginning of their effect:

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card “...

119569cmp.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Millennia Ago". When this card is summoned, add 2 Spell or Trap Cards from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, you can remove up to 4 Malevolent Counters from monsters on your side of the field. If you do, pay Life Points equal to the number of removed counters x 200.

And, like Fusions and Synchros, a Normal Ritual Monster does NOT have a description; it will just have the above sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------

I will post Spell and Trap Cards soon.

If i forgot anything just say so.[/align]

Are you serious about the OCG thing? Or are you being ironic...because it's awful...

"This card cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly unless the Battle Damage is halved"

should be

"Any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent by a direct attack is halved"

drwa = draw

"you can drwa 1 card."

should be

"you can draw 1 card and activate the appropriate effect."

"If a monster card gain Life Points equal to the Level x100. Discard that card."

should be

"* If you draw a Monster Card by this effect, gain Life Points equal to its Level x100, then discard it"

"If a Spell or Trap Card remove it from play"

should be

"* If you draw a Spell or Trap Card by this effect it is removed from play"

* = that black circle

PS The card is HORRIBLY Underpowered.

PPS It's better to choose a pic first THEN choose a name

Your OCG does need work...but this place isn't here for commenting on cards ^_^

I like this tut ^_^ Also, I used to think I was good at OCG, but I was told I had many mistakes, about that much. Now when I make cards, it's OCG is usually totally clean, so you have to think about you're speech about your OCG before you actually say it ;).

@above: I can see more OCG errors than that. But I know you didn't mean to correct all of them right?

Take out the thing about "The card must have at least 2 words in its name" That isa Stupid, I have plenty of cards with 1 Word Names (For example; Axel, Juggernaut, Dementia, Centronica and Facility to name but a few, a card can have any name, This card is too basic, it need Moar Details.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived