PC Gamers - What Keyboard/Mouse/Joypad/Joystick do you use?

Akira

Logitech controller looks pretty sweet but I've never been a fan of those d-pads, the saitek one allows for smoother movements making those Street Fighter quarter circle inputs a lot easier. I almost died trying to play Street Fighter on the 360; the specials only came out right every other move >.>

I love laptop keyboards so I'm just using my built-in, and for a mouse I'm using one of those tiny Microsoft Compacts. If I ever have loads of money to spend on a computer I sure as hell want an Optimus Maximus. 0.o

Edit: I'm not sure if I'll ever have a gaming pad for my computer, I seem to be able to use my keyboard well enough for the time being. I don't play any games that require omni-input for movement on the PC.

The only thing that would actually have a chance of killing your built-in laptop keyboard would be GunZ The Duel. Yeah.

My laptop has both the keyboard stated above (external) and its own built-in keyboard (which I use occasionally for silence).

I bought myself a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 and a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000. Did you know that laser mice don't have lights? It's invisible.

Yeah, my friend bought this uber logitech wireless mouse with about 10 buttons on it. I thought it was pretty cool how the laser worked with no light.

You don't need that fancy of a gaming mouse. Just about any laser mouse is the same thing.

To help compare the accuracy of a laser to a optical mouse, it's more like this.

In Counter-Strike, if you're set to 10 sensitivity, Laser would be roughly 6 to keep the same speed. Or else it will be mad fast.

And laser mice can work on a lot more surfaces than an optical can.

You don't need that fancy of a gaming mouse. Just about any laser mouse is the same thing.

To help compare the accuracy of a laser to a optical mouse' date=' it's more like this.

In Counter-Strike, if you're set to 10 sensitivity, Laser would be roughly 6 to keep the same speed. Or else it will be mad fast.

And laser mice can work on a lot more surfaces than an optical can.

[/quote']

Why do you type like this.

It's as gay as Advanced Razor.

And gaming mouses have more than three buttons while normal ones don't.

Those buttons generate an advantage when plying against someone who doesn't.

And gaming mouses have more than three buttons while normal ones don't.

Those buttons generate an advantage when plying against someone who doesn't.

I'd have to agree here. When I played COD2, I used buttons 4 and 5 on my mouse for smoke and frag grenade, which was very helpful.

Also, laser mice seem to work on everything apart from the one thing my friend's desk is made from; transparent glass XD

I mainly play Half-Life 2 and I don't need 4th or 5th buttons for that, so there wouldn't be much point in me getting a gaming mouse. However, I need to look into laser mice.

Also, sub-discussion: Do you like 4-way scroll wheels? I personally hate them and find them horrible to utilize.

Useless and annoying. I love to randomly click my scroll wheel so having it moving sideways annoys me.

Agreed. I use middle-click for scrolling in Firefox and for opening links / closing windows / tabs. I'm using one now on my mom's new PC and it's pretty annoying whenever I want to middle-click. It actually works pretty well in Chrome because left and right scroll-clicking seem to do the same thing, but it's terrible for opening links and closing windows / tabs in Firefox.

Yeah, my four-way scroll is too sensitive on my mouse. It tends to click to the side and not register rather then actually click. And when I keep it still then click, it scrolls up or down >>...

I already beat Half-Life 2, Episode One, and Two already. They're not too long.

Archived