What a Non spellcasting Area can do

marisa

1. You can activate Brust breath of destruction without its drawback.

Check UDE individual card ruling for detail.

2. Non-effect fusion and ritual cards also affected by Non Spellcasting Area.

Check UDE individual card ruling, Power Bond section for detail.

3. You can try to fusion non-effect monsters on your field without losing it to graveyard/ removed from play.

Fusion Gate + Non Spellcasting Area combo

1 Burstinatrix + 1 Avian => 1 Burstinatrix + 1 Avian + 3 Flame Wingman

3 BEWD => 3 BEWD + 2 BEUD

If they're destroyed, you can gain all of material needed to re-fusion summon with Return from another dimension...

4. If you have activated Non spell casting area, then your opponent activated on his/her turn a mass field destruction spell (which destroy monster and spell/trap alike), the result is all non effect monsters on the field still intact, of course, you still lose all of your spell/trap including non spellcasting area.

Crystal Abudance, Megaton magical cannon, des croacking, are good example of those spell.

When you activate Fusion gate's effect, normally you should remove from play fusion materials isn't it? Since the fusion material is unaffected by the effect of Fusion gate, it is not removed from play, and you still can special summon the fusion monster by showing your opponent its respected fusion materials.

Coz the fusion material is still standing there, on my field, of course I can special summon another fusion monster? There's no limitation about how may I should activate Fusion Gate's effect isn't it?

Polymerization "Discarding fusion material to graveyard" sentence is a cost isn't it?

Fear not, this is my copy-paste from UDE individual card ruling.

NON-SPELLCASTING AREA

While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active, you cannot use face-up monsters on the field, except Effect Monsters, for "Polymerization" or Ritual Spell Cards.

While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active, no Spell Card, including "Raigeki" or Equip Spell Cards, can affect a monster, unless it is an Effect Monster.

While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active, and only one player has Effect Monsters on the field, you can activate “Creature Swap” but its effect will be negated because none of the non-Effect Monsters can switch control due to a Spell Card’s effect.

The effect of “Non-Spellcasting Area” includes Ritual Monsters and Fusion Monsters that do not have effects, as well as Monster Tokens.

FUSION GATE

Fusion Monsters Special Summoned without "Polymerization" while "Fusion Gate" is on the field are still considered properly Summoned by a Fusion Summon. So they may be the target of "Monster Reborn", "Call of the Haunted", etc. (This does not apply to Fusion Monsters Special Summoned by the effects of other cards, such as "Magicial Scientist" or "Summoner of Illusions".)

let's make a point:

While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active, you cannot use face-up monsters on the field, except Effect Monsters, for "Polymerization" or Ritual Spell Cards.

this means that normal monster CANNOT, and i repeat, CANNOT be fusion by no means while they're on the field, you can fusion them only on your hand, that means they're still removed by fusion gate... so your fusion gate/non-spellcasting area combo is a fake... alsi i found this on netrep:

[Re: Power Bond] If "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active and "Power Bond" is used to Special Summon a Fusion Monster that has no effect, the Fusion Monster will not gain the ATK bonus from "Power Bond", but the controller will still take damage for "Power Bond" (because the player is not a non-Effect Monster Card).

let's make a point:

While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active' date=' you cannot use face-up monsters on the field, except Effect Monsters, for "Polymerization" or Ritual Spell Cards.

this means that normal monster CANNOT, and i repeat, CANNOT be fusion by no means while they're on the field, you can fusion them only on your hand, that means they're still removed by fusion gate... so your fusion gate/non-spellcasting area combo is a fake... alsi i found this on netrep:

[Re: Power Bond'] If "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active and "Power Bond" is used to Special Summon a Fusion Monster that has no effect, the Fusion Monster will not gain the ATK bonus from "Power Bond", but the controller will still take damage for "Power Bond" (because the player is not a non-Effect Monster Card).

Talking about fake, I did that combo at GBA Yugioh championship 2006.

And, want to re-confirm whether it is true or not, coz that game is somewhat bugged.

What about Power Bond? The Fusion monster not gaining ATK bonus coz it is non-effect monster isn't it? What's wrong with that? Did I said all non-effect monster card affected by non spellcasting area ? So, fusion cards like BEUD, Steam Gyroid, and ritual cards like Zera the Mant or Black Luster Soldier are affected by non-spellcasting area.

BTW, I found something contradictionary with [While "Non-Spellcasting Area" is active, you cannot use face-up monsters on the field, except Effect Monsters, for "Polymerization" or Ritual Spell Cards.] sentence.

This is derived from UDE advanced gameplay rule

Costs: Fusion Material & Ritual Spell Tributes

Fusion Material Monsters used in a Fusion Summon are NOT a cost.

Monsters Tributed to a Ritual Spell Card for a Ritual Summon are NOT a cost.

Both of these are considered to be cards sent to the Graveyard by the resolution of the Spell Card's effect. So the sending/Tribute is carried out at resolution, not at activation.

This means that if the Ritual Spell Card, or "Polymerization", are negated, or have their effects negated, you do NOT send the Fusion Material/Tributes.

This is also why you can chain "Mask of Restrict" to the activation of a Ritual Spell Card, and prevent the Tribute/Ritual Summon from taking place, because "Mask of Restrict" resolves first, and then prevents the Tribute at resolution of the Ritual Spell Card.

There's also another case which I only send 4 dragons as tribute of dragon mirror because one of the tribute is a Horus lv6.

special note: the rules of the videogames NEVER apply for the real life... even when they're close enough...

They do have official judge to design their game.

The DS Yugioh Championship 2007 is never found to be bugged, at least for me. It is conformed the UDE rules perfectly.

Did you read my last post? That's from UDE advanced rules.

Even if Fusion Gate-Non spell casting can't perform the combo,

Fusion gate-Mask of Restrict can. That's better, coz even though the fusion material is effect monsters, they do not send to the graveyard.

special note: the rules of the videogames NEVER apply for the real life... even when they're close enough...

They do have official judge to design their game.

The DS Yugioh Championship 2007 is never found to be bugged' date=' at least for me. It is conformed the UDE rules perfectly.

[/quote']

but it doesn't mean that they will be perfect... force the game to make a complex resolution, for example giant trunade + scapegoat...

in yugioh GX duel academy they missed some cards because they can glitch the game in that time... like sacred phoenix and spirit reaper...

but it doesn't mean that they will be perfect... force the game to make a complex resolution' date=' for example giant trunade + scapegoat...

in yugioh GX duel academy they missed some cards because they can glitch the game in that time... like sacred phoenix and spirit reaper...

[/quote']

Ol Yu-Gi-Oh games found to be bugged a lot.

The Non-Spellcasting case, the game (Yugioh Championship 2006) only conform the UDE Advanced rule, ignoring UDE individual rule for Non-Spellcasting (maybe, they haven't make the rule yet at the time).

Coz polymerization's sending fusion material is an effect, not a cost. If negated, you'll not required to send the fusion material to the graveyard.

If it is a cost, you can't activate this card. Because you can't satisfy the cost's demand.

If it is an effect, you can activate this card, but some of its effect would be severed.

Logically, if you follow this advanced rule as a base, Fusion Gate-Non spell casting combo is legal. Just because UDE set an individual rule about it on Non-Spellcasting, it busted right away. But it seems, you still can perform Polymer-Mask of Restrict combo.

Archived