Wanna share your knowledge about Crystal Beast?

marisa

Crystal beast is my current favorite deck. The first time I heard about it, I've fallen in love at the first sight~

This thread purpose is to gather any useful combo/trick/ any good game play involving crystal beast. I would share mine first.

Amber Mammoth, Topaz Tiger, Amethyst Cat, and Sapphire Pegasus are Beast-type monsters, I'd like to combo-ing them with Beast deck.

[Rescue cat-Amethyst cat]

This is what I called with cat calling cats... Summon Rescue cat, tribute it and special summon 2 Amethyst cat. Have them attack (mostly with attack directly to opponent LP), at the end of turn, they're destroyed, and go to spell/trap zone.

[Amber Mammoth-Wild Nature Release]

If you sum Amber's DEF and its ATK you'll got 3000++ ATK, and when destroyed, it goes to spell/trap zone.

[behemoth, king of all animals - Sapphire Pegasus]

Tribute Pegasus to summon Behemoth, and retrieve Pegasus from grave to your hand.

[Manticore of Darkness-Rainbow Dragon]

If the manticore using its effect, you can discard any of 4 crystal beast above to revive it. After you have enough Crystal beasts in the grave...

[Green Baboon, the guardian of forest]

Self explanatory. A powerful monster which can be revived easily just for 1000LP.

[Any Crystal Beast-Generation Shift]

Destroy a crystal beast which in pinch situation to spell/trap zone, and add a copy of it to your hand.

[beast-type Crystal beasts- Beast Soul Swap]

It grants you double attack in Battle phase, a selection of monster, and saving your monster from pinch situation. Also, restores Behemoth's ATK when you tribute it with single tribute. And, of course, you can avoid Wild Nature Release "destroy it at the end of phase" effect.

These are common combos within Crystal beasts itself

Cobalt Eagle-Sapphire Pegasus

Cobalt Eagle-Ruby Carbuncle

Ruby Carbuncle-Crystal Promise/Rainbow City 5th Effect/Crystal Beacon.

Sapphire Pegasus-Rainbow City 5th Effect/Crystal Beacon.

My ideal for Crystal Beast deck is to fill my spell/trap zone ASAP,

so I wouldn't sacrifice them for Anteatereatingant or Hamon.

And, using Needle Ceiling, Torrential Tribute, Crystal Abudance for tool of mass destruction.

2nd turn Summon Rescue cat, tribute it, attack with 2 Amethyst, they're destroyed and goes to spell/trap zone.

4th turn Crystal Beacon, special summon Sapphire Pegasus, add 1 more Crystal beast on the spell/trap zone.

Well, that's three, and I'm not using my normal summon yet.

Those are really cool! Here is a combo i made:

CB Pegasus normal summon. I bring another one to the spell/trap card zone. Generation Shift i bring the one to the s/t zone. Then i get another one. Double Summon. Summon the one i just got. I get another CB as a crystal. Giant trunade, all crystallized ones back to my hand ready to re-use

Those are really cool! Here is a combo i made:

CB Pegasus normal summon. I bring another one to the spell/trap card zone. Generation Shift i bring the one to the s/t zone. Then i get another one. Double Summon. Summon the one i just got. I get another CB as a crystal. Giant trunade' date=' all crystallized ones back to my hand ready to re-use

[/quote']

I don't know how you played crystal beast, but I would quickly fill my spell/trap zone. It is not you are wrong or something, but it just different from my gameplay. After I have 3 crystal beasts on the spell/trap zone, the Ancient City Rainbow ruin can negate spell/trap activation. If I have 4, I draw twice per turn. Not to mention it is a lot easier to special summon beasts in the spell/trap zone to my field than from my hand.

Maybe, a lot cards on your hand is good as tribute to activate certain card effect. Such as Lightning Vortex. I'm curious, what strategy do you have back there.

Not that I don't like Crystal Beasts its just that they are

-Spammers in the field.

-Moslty weak.

But they do

-Work together

-Look okay.

They're pretty strong when altogether ^_^

If you have a chance, I would like you to try to play a well rounded CB deck.

The strong points of CB deck lies on Crystal Abundance, Pegasus, Rainbow City, and Rainbow dragon.

Just for example, I added 2 Crystal Abundances, 3 Needle Ceilings, now I have a tool of mass destruction. After I have an activated Rainbow City, I can negate any spell or trap but counter trap card activation, or take an extra draw at the main phase, yes, main phase, not standby phase or any else.

I don't really care if my CB attacks and got destroyed by sakuretsu, bottomless, or mirror force because they can go to my spell/trap zone which can be used to special summon, abundance, etc.

AARGH....

Not you as well :P

I hate the LAGI in all respects.

The strongEST of all LAGI is Crystal Raigeki, but nobody's using it :|

Okay, the point is to Abundance them, but YET the whole existance of LAGI is pretty weak.

And with Malevolent Catastrophe.. :evil:

What's pretty nasty of the LAGI is that they're have that 3rd effect of Rainbow City.

• 1 month later...

Though its not out yet, one card that I believe helps the Crystal Beast out real well is Crystal Tree.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Tree

I play World Championship 2008 and ever since I've played it, it has sped up how quickly I can get Crystal Beast in the S/T Zone. The only problem is that you have to know when to use it. If you wait too long, it just sits there on the field taking up a space. Even so, I still play a good 2-3 in the deck ^^

Archived