Faced down field & another field spell strategy

marisa

[Faced down field spell]

Did you ever set your field-spell card faced down ?

This strategy would be good if used against another field spell card user.

When you set your field spell card, and your opponent activate his/her field spell card, you set field card earlier wouldn't be destroyed. You can activate it to change your opponent field card effect at the next turn ^_-

The only reason your opponent would insist to activate his/her field spell card would be a showdown/OTK/GG against you.

[Field spell protection]

When you're activating a Field spell card, it can be intercepted (chained) by a spell destroyer BEFORE your Field spell effect kicks in.

If you had a Field-spell card activate, you can defend it with a spell negater, but a spell negater is costy. Otherwise, you can set a spell card destroyer to defend it, such as Mystical Space Typhoon or Twister.

It is why a never found a Field Barrier being versatile, although it was stronger, because your opponent can't activate his/her own.

Let's say, you had Raising Air Current actived, and a set of Dust Tornado.

If your opponent tried activate his Field-spell, chain the Dust Tornado to it. You must chain, do not wait, because if you wait it to resolve, your Field is goner now.

that hurts... my harpie deck is good...

and it's pointless to set a field spell, 'cause it can be destroyed when set... it's typical that you set and your opponent says "in your end phase i activate dust tornado/mystical... it's way better to have your field spells on your hand and play them when neccesary...

HORUS :

I assuming you never seen any good deck with field spell card except Crystal Beast.

Are u ok with that?

Orochi :

If my opponent do care to destroy my field card with a spell/trap destroyer, that's a good trade. Except if after destroying my field spell card, he got another monster summoned to his/her arena.

Mr.Snake, could you tell me how many normal faced down spell/trap card destroyer normally you brought into your deck. Just assuming you're fighting against your own deck.

The set down Field spell is just a lure, thus a threat to your opponent.

If my opponent do care about the set down field card, I'll take the opportunity to overpower my opponent's monsters. If he doesn't really care about it, I'll using its effect to overpower my opponent. If he do the same thing as me, at least, I prohibited him for using his field spell card. It is a good trade.

Your answer probably just like this, it is useless since the effect is just as the same as average use of field spell card, but more complicated and somewhat slow.

The way of using Field spell card by average person is exactly as you said earlier.

Because so many people thinking that way, I'll reverse the thinking and retake the flow.

by Good decks i mean:

Perfect Circle

Monarchs

Gadgets

Machine Burn

Aggro

Raida

Demise OTK

Crystal Beasts

these are the only deck types that can win tournaments nowadays.

So the answer is YES.

Orochi, let's see this simulation.

1-1 card

You have a field spell, so do I.

I've set a field spell earlier, what will you do ?

2-2 card

You have a field spell and a Mystical Space Typhoon, so do I.

I've set my both spell earlier, what will you do ?

3-3 card

You have a field spell, a MST, and a Twister, so do I.

I've set all of my cards, what will you do ?

Destroying my field, activating your field, and set MST ?

At my turn, I've a choice, whether to destroy your field or not.

Even if I destroy your field this turn, and end the phase, what will you do ?

At actual battle you don't even know what card left on my field.

Would you care to destroy it just for a tie?

Okay, just because someone used field spells lost doesn't mean that field spells suck! Whats your account Horus in GKO? I think it may be time to duel. But anyway...I've seen other decks over kill the ones you listed. You should see his Mokey Mokey deck...I think it's awesome, unless I think I've dueled him once...maybe it was him. (or not...i've noticed love to Mokey Mokey's has increased.

well marisa, i don't know how you use your field spell cards, i prefer to use them as what they're made for... to change the field...

now, consider that i use "harpie's hunting grounds"... the main use of that card is using the destroying effect more than the bonus... but to do that the card must remain face up... if i set it, there's a lot of risk that the opponent uses mystical or dust tornado on it at my end phase, ALSO he/she can use breaker, mobius, heavy storm, etc... so i lost my best advantage over my opponent's spell/traps, why?? because i didn't use it!!

not all the strategies will fit for all the people or all the decks...

Archived