The "Introductions" Section - A Quick & Simple Guide [Updated.]

RestLess-BoTics

The "Introductions" Section - A Quick & Simple Guide

---

What is the "Introductions" section?

Well, it's a place where newly-registered members may introduce themselves to the "Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker" community.

When am I allowed to introduce myself to the community?

Only newly-registered members may post introductions. These are people that have recently gained membership in this site within the past three months. Therefore, a person that has been on this site for more than three months, is not considered a newly-registered member.

How long will people be posting in my introduction? Like, could people still welcome me even though my introduction's over a month old?

Unfortunately, they cannot. Introductions are locked after one week from the original post date. This is to ensure "cleanliness" in this forum, so that everything isn't cluttered, and so that members won't post in old introductions. Also, one week is plenty of time for people to acknowledge newly-registered members.

How do you welcome a newly-registered member? Is there a proper way of doing so?

Yes, there is. A few simple statements such as, "Hello. It's nice to meet you. If you need any help with anything, message me!" is appropriate for acknowledging a newly-registered member. You may not create a post acknowledging someone new with less than three words. For example: just posting the word "Hi" won't work, because it's considered spamming, and will result in a 1-Day Expiration - 10% percent warning.

I left for a while, but now I'm back. I would like to inform the community that I have returned to the site. Am I allowed to post a thread in regards to my return?

Nope. This section is for "Introductions" only. To inform everyone that you're either leaving or returning, post in the Leaving/Return Thread.

---

This quick & simple guide, should answer most of your questions regarding this section. If you feel the need to ask a question that hasn't been stated above, or if you wish to improve this guide even further, feel free to post below.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Moderator Note - Staff members, if you wish to edit anything in this thread, please notify me through the private message system if you wish to do so. Thank you.

-glasstin10

---

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

this is just a suggestion! u could MAYBE make this a sticky thread... I SAID MAYBE so please dont ban me! if u want... i can delete this... so... here it is:

Welcome To YCM! I hope that you have a GREAT experience with us. Here is a list of things you should do if you would like to start earning some points:

1. Make a card on http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/

2. Post the card by clicking on the card on ycm, then copying the link and pasting it under the appropriate section on http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net

3. Now you will get some points for posting the card

4. Add a brief description of the card

5. If you do this often, and participate on other thread discussions, you may even earn some positive reputations!

I hope you have fun on YCM!

-Jamesjr111

this is just a suggestion! u could MAYBE make this a sticky thread... I SAID MAYBE so please dont ban me! if u want... i can delete this... so... here it is:

Welcome To YCM! I hope that you have a GREAT experience with us. Here is a list of things you should do if you would like to start earning some points:

1. Make a card on http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/

2. Post the card by clicking on the card on ycm' date=' then copying the link and pasting it under the appropriate section on http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net

3. Now you will get some points for posting the card

4. Add a brief description of the card

5. If you do this often, and participate on other thread discussions, you may even earn some positive reputations!

I hope you have fun on YCM!

-Jamesjr111

[/quote']

You can post this thread in the "Tutorials" sub-section; it doesn't have to be here in the "Introductions" section.

:]

• 4 weeks later...

Why don't you leave a link in the first post of Leaving/Return thread in the first post? That will help the people who returned to post it there. As I can see, there are still people posting here who were supposed to be posting in the Leaving/Return Thread. They say that they cannot remember where it is. A link would help here.

EDIT - ignore this post. I didn't even read all of it. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a member that signed up months ago, but only to use the save feature on the card maker. I've actually never introduced myself here, nor even made a post until yesterday. am I allowed to make an introduction? I know it says within past 3 months, but I'm not sure if the "past months" count for me...

Archived