Macros cosmos v.s Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

another card effect that crossed thoughts, Macros Cosmos v.s Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer!

Macro Cosmos:"Continuous Trap

Passcode: 30241314

You can Special Summon 1 "Helios - The Primordial Sun" from your hand or Deck when you activate this card. While this card is on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is removed from play instead.

(Too many rules not supporting my research!)"

Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer:"Effect Monster

DARK / Spellcaster / 4 Stars

ATK: 1800 DEF: 700

Passcode: 88240808

Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can remove from play up to 2 Monster Cards in your opponent's Graveyard. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot remove from play any cards in either Graveyard."

(Also the same story! xp)

now when your opponent has Macros on the field and i summon my Kycoo, doesn't it mean that my opponent can no longer remove cards from play?

Guest PikaPerson01
your opponent cannot remove from play any cards in either Graveyard.

As in, they can still be removed from the field and from the hand and from the deck.

Also, there's a Q&A topic.

As in' date=' they can still be removed from the field and from the hand and from the deck.

[/quote']

ok i didn't know, i been watching duels and they seems to argue about the rules of how the card is played, but no one siad that so thx

As in' date=' they can still be removed from the field and from the hand and from the deck.

[/quote']

That's not exactly how it works... Kycoo says that your opponent cannot remove cards from play. This just means that they cannot CHOOSE to remove cards from play i.e. no DAD, Chaos Sorcerer, or any other card that requires your opponent to remove cards from play. Macro cosmos is a continuous trap that doesn't require for your opponent to CHOOSE what cards are removed from play, they just are. So Macro Cosmos effect still goes through. Same with Bottomless Trap Hole, Dimensional Prison, etc.

Archived