Realistic Cards Section Survival Guide

Archelaus

Hi and Welcome to my first ever Tutorial. If you're new, please read this before posting in the Realistic Cards Section, here are some points to always remember in the RC Section.

Tip #1: Do Not Post Attachments. Just click the card in the Card Maker when you're done and a code will appear below the image. Just copy it and post it in a Thread.

Tip #2: Accept Constructive Criticism maturely. They're not saying that you're card is really bad but they're actually saying that it has potential to be very good.

Tip #3: Use the OCG Thread for your OCG (Official Card Grammar). Good OCG is a factor in rating cards. And you need OCG help, you can either ask for it in the Q&H subforum, or just order it at ♥ ЅϯᵲåώӀӞ℮ᴙʀɣ−ɴɨɨ−ƈħåɴ ♥'s shoppe.

Tip #4: Be creative with your effects. Your imagination is your limit. Unique effects are always great.

Tip #5: Do not Neg Rep (Negative Reputation Rating) another user for saying that your card is bad. It would start a Neg War and both sides are affected.

Tip #6 Use Spoilers for a Thread with many cards. Here's the code:

[spoiler=Name or Title of Spoiler]What you want to put inside the Spoiler[/spoiler]

Tip #7: Do not make extremely long effects; nobody reads them, and nobody ever will. This is harsh but true. Only a handful of Card Raters rate long effects.

Tip #8: If you have similar cards or cards of the same set, keep them in the same thread and post. Don't make several threads. This is to avoid cluttered space.

Tip #9: It helps to actually include the card effect with the card itself in a Thread.

Tip #10: If you need help, get help. The Questions & Help subforum is available for a reason.

Tip #11: Try to avoid monsters with over 5000 ATK and monsters that are Divine Attributed and Divine-Types(or Fake Types) as they aren't that realistic.

Tip #12: Avoid making cards of tv-series, anime, etc. in Realistic Cards Section. They should go to the Pop Culture Section instead.

Tip #13: Avoid using pictures that are low-quality, has text in them, blurry or are otherwise not Yu-Gi-Oh!-like. People dislike bad pictures.

Tip #14: Do not post on threads that are really really old as it is considered Necrobumping.

Thread Incomplete - Will be continued...

Add these to your post as well, Archelaus.

Do not make extremely long effects; nobody reads them, and nobody ever will.

If you have similar cards or cards of the same set, keep them in the same thread and post. Don't make several threads.

It helps to actually include the card effect with the card itself.

If you need help, get help. The Questions & Help subforum is available for a reason.

And include a note that if people need OCG help, they can either ask for it in the Q&H subforum, or just order it at my shoppe.

This should be stickied, or have a super mod somehow send it to all of the new members to the site. That way, they will not have to undergo lots of criticism when they make their cards. It would have helped me a LOT when I was new, lol. My first set defined awful.

Also, you should add the two sites mentioned by halo to this thread. That way, the new people can see good sites for pictures, and, as a result, not use overused pictures.

Thanks a lot! I'll post this thread in my sig, give it to everybody making introductions. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived