Radiant F.U.R.Y.™'s 12-Step Earthbound Immortal Tutorial GIMP

Radiant F.U.R.Y.™

1. image search "animal name here sillhouette" (big pics are easier to edit!!!)

2. use GIMP or PS to edit the sillhouette with slightly teal-ish highlights where you think they might go if there was a light shining up from the ground beneath the immortal-to-be.

3. duplicate this layer

4. on the duplicated layer, delte everything but the highlghts...It wont look pretty, but that's okay. Put that layer in the back and move on...we'll come back to that later.

5. On the original layer you should prepare to add your lines.

A. First pick the color you want.

B. Then use free select (GIMP) or the equivalent in PS or your image editor of choice to begin making the lines. Do just a little at a time. If you commit to the entire design and then mess up 3/4 of the way through, you'll be very frustrated.

TIP:You dont want the lines to be too thin or too detailed. You also don't want it to look like it was made in paint. No offense to those who may swear by MS Paint...it's just that no amount of talent can produce a picture that compares to one made in PS or GIMP. But I digress. As you make your lines, there will be a lot of trial and error. There is no set method for producing an aesthetically pleasing pattern. Just work at it until you find something you like.

6. Once you're finished with your lines, you should take that extra layer you had earlier and move it to the front again. Lower the opacity of that layer a bit (toy with it til it looks good to you) and make sure that the highlights in both layers line up fairly well.

7. YOU'RE NOT DONE YET!!! You still need a "ground burst" effect.

here's a good one for free:

1zozuj8.png

paste this image as a new layer. Line it up where you would like it to go.

Put that layer in the background for now.

8. Create/find/order a background pic...something kind of dark and also abstract would be best but it's really up to you.

9. Since it's the background, move it to...well...the back and the bring the "ground burst" layer to the front again.

10. Merge all layers.

11. Use the rectangle select tool and select what part of the image you want to be your card pic and copy it (in the ground burst pic, part of the card I took it from is visible. DO NOT select that part of the image for your card pic)

12. Paste the selection and see if you like the result.

If you do not, undo until the layers are no longer merged and move things around until you're happy and resume with step 10.

If you are happy with your result, then open a sew session and paste your image there and save.

YOU'VE JUST MADE AN EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL!

Please PM me your creations/ questions/ concerns! I will answer you as soon as I am able.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived