Aliens

Ontopic' date=' I used to run Anantaliens, which was awesome. Until I entered a tournament and got raped by Insects.

[/quote']

Wow. Raped by insects? Really? How good were those insects?

Aliens are really good when the right cards are used. Ananta, in my experience, is not one of those cards. Neither is Vennominon. Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar works just fine.

Even though they generally rely on A-Counters, they can still win through swarming. I once won a duel using my Alien deck without getting even a single A-Counter on my opponent's monsters, or at least without the A-Counters mattering in ANY way that duel. Too bad the Alien mind control strategy doesn't work too well.

Lemme see for a moment here. They have:

• A Synchro that enables "Yata-lock"like combos when combined with the Bamboo swords
  • A potential chainable Lighning Vortex that weakens summoned monsters for three turns at the cost of a single tribute
  • A revival card that destroys a weakened monster
  • A multi-targeting Change of Heart
  • A creature swap that let's you choose both monsters

And that's just to name a few. 0_o

Aliens are pretty decent as they have a lot of support but if GBs would be an A-class deck, Aliens are B-class.

But who knows...if someone actually plays them at the tournament, they just might hit the spotlight.

So far the only "flaw"(if you can call it that) I noticed is that they have a hard time recovering after cards like BRD, Heavy Storm, Lightning Vortex...

Guest JoshIcy

• A Synchro that enables "Yata-lock"like combos when combined with the Bamboo swords
  • A potential chainable Lighning Vortex that weakens summoned monsters for three turns at the cost of a single tribute

And they all rely on your opponent having a face-up monster. Which is why they don't hit above Tier 2.

Ontopic' date=' I used to run Anantaliens, which was awesome. Until I entered a tournament and got raped by Insects.

[/quote']

Aliens are really good when the right cards are used. Ananta, in my experience, is not one of those cards. Neither is Vennominon. Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar works just fine.

Even though they generally rely on A-Counters, they can still win through swarming. I once won a duel using my Alien deck without getting even a single A-Counter on my opponent's monsters, or at least without the A-Counters mattering in ANY way that duel. Too bad the Alien mind control strategy doesn't work too well.

Firstly, they dropped a crapload of Aztekipedes on me with Bee List Soldiers, drew into Doom Dozer, activated 2 Verdant Sanctuaries.

I blew him up, he grabbed 2 Doom Dozers, activated RftDD and got back Bee List Soldiers and Magical Merchants, Drew into a bunch of crap, and killed me with a Megamorph'd Doom and a bunch of Howling insects.

I was confused as hell.

[/quote']

Firstly, they dropped a crapload of Aztekipedes on me with Bee List Soldiers, drew into Doom Dozer, activated 2 Verdant Sanctuaries.

I blew him up, he grabbed 2 Doom Dozers, activated RftDD and got back Bee List Soldiers and Magical Merchants, Drew into a bunch of crap, and killed me with a Megamorph'd Doom and a bunch of Howling insects.

I was confused as hell.

Wow! I had no idea Insects could do that! Now I just have to make an Insect deck!

And they all rely on your opponent having a face-up monster. Which is why they don't hit above Tier 2.

How is your opponent going to win WITHOUT a face-up monster on the field? Also, Gol'Gar doesn't require the opponent to have face-up monsters, there just has to be face-up monsters on the field.

Archived