Tourny Report

Yesterday I went to locals with my blackwing deck which had 2-0'd every game I'd played with it over the last 3 tournys.

Round 1: Me vs Chris (Zombie Synchro)

I sit down and realise I have no synchros with me, so I grab a friend's flder and pull out any random synchros to call my extra deck. Ended up with 14 generic synchros inc 1 armour master and 1 armed wing. Another friend chucked me over a brionac for borrowz too :)

Game 1: He opens badly. I open with blizzard, gale and gk spy. I set spy and he attacks it with goblin zombie. Next turn I storm, whirlwind, summon blizzard, search vayu, special summon gale, synchro arcanite and tempest magician, remove tempest's counter for arcanite's effect to kill off goblin zombie. I then ditch hand to make arcanite magician really big, synchro vayu in grave to summon armed wing then attack for game.

Game 2: He opens well and overextends turn 2 and has no way to recover from my timely torrential. I end up breaking face with vayu :)

Round 2: Me vs John (Volcanic Monarchs)

Game 1: I win turn 2 with triple kalut with armed wing attacking over a face down shell...

Game 2: I side a delta crow and a Rug (my side was just random meh cards cause I'd also forgotten my side deck...) Didn't draw either. Turn 1 I summon shura, special bora and attack over something to get gale then smash for 3000. Next he fissures my gale :( And sets a guy and 2 backrows. I trunade then pierce over his face down penguin solder and drop 2 kalut... a ruling dispute also happens here because he thought it went flip effect activates and resolves, then battle damage is applied. Meh... simple error.

Round 3: Me vs Marius (Synchro Zombies)

Game 1: Even turn 3 or 4 I lose cause zombies just don't bloody die...

Game 2: I lose again :(

Round 4: Me vs Andy (Solidarity Gadgets)

Game 1: He summons gadget and searches, sets 2 and ends. I set spy, bottomless and end. Next turn he flips offering and summons a field of 5 gadgets. Storms, killing his own torrential then plays solidarity and attacks, pounding the table when he realises during damage step that he misplayed big time by not having a guy in grave for solidarity... :( However, I lose cause I can't draw into whirlwind and end up losing to his +1s.

Game 2: I don't remember, though it was very close cause I didn't draw a whirlwind. I know I managed to draw pulling the rug which killed his combo for enough turns that I could win.

Game 3: I open with 2 whirlwinds, 2 kalut and shura and he can't draw a way out of it. I win.

Small turnout so cut to top 4

Top 4: Me vs Penguin (Blackwings)

Game 1: Turn 3 tempest + arcanite wins for me.

Game 2: Looooooong game due to both of us having answers to whatever the other does. Last turns I top sirrocco and search with whirlwind for gale, special summon it in defence, gain attack from gale and my opponent's sirrocco, half his sirrocco with gale and attack over his guy for lots. I then synchro into colossal fighter cause if he topped sirrocco he would win. He tops sirrocco and offers handshake :)

Top 2 was me vs Marius but we decide to split prizes cause he needs to leave. I pull Brionac from one of my prize packs so I'm very happy :) I've never bought a hidden arsenal box/pack and have managed to pull a brionac and a catastor just through prize packs :)

Wow, this somehow reminds me of how Blakie got 2nd. He had a incomplete six samurai deck (37 cards) and beated everyone but Philip (LS). They only reason Philip wins is because

A). His mom buys him over $100 in boosters every sunday.

B). He stacks.

C). He somehow gets JD at the right moment.

D). He's immune to cutting.

Wow' date=' this somehow reminds me of how Blakie got 2nd. He had a incomplete six samurai deck (37 cards) and beated everyone but Philip (LS).

[/quote']

Meh, I had only 1 grandmaster, 1 Shogun, and I still kicked their asses. Philip won because of JD. Six Sam sux dick now so VK has my deck now. 504Hustla was easy to beat, I didn't duel VK because he kept on losing (LOSE YOUR GODDAM SPIRITS!) and even lost to a cripple.

Archived