2009 Online YGO Tournament

I'm making a yugioh tournament with a twist. You see we got many cards this year and for this tournament you are only allowed to use cards printed in sets from this year. Cards from other sets reprinted in structure deck or as promo are allowed. You will see that it generates quite a big card pool.

For the duel, I will accept YVD, KCVDS and yugiohnetwork.

I might have missed some cards on the list, please tell me if that's the case :

[spoiler=card list]

champion pack game 8

crimson crisis

duelist pack collection tin:

stardust dragon/assault mode

duelist pack yusei

crimson crisis special edition:

necroface

goblin zombie

spellcaster's command structure deck

gold series 2009

raging battle

raging battle special edition:

allure of darkness

the dark creator

starter deck 2009

duelist pack yugi

turbo pack booster 1

ancient prophecy

ancient prophecy special edition:

red-eyes wyvern

solar recharge

retro pack 2

warriors' strike structure deck

hidden arsenal

stardust overdrive

stardust overdrive special edition:

charge of the light brigade

tempest magician

promo sets:

shonen jump championship series prize cards:

dark end dragon

shonen jump magazine promo:

gandora the dragon of destruction

dandylion

red-eyes darkness metal dragon

chimeratech fortress dragon

beast king barbaros

tragoedia

genesis dragon

orichalcos shunoros

darkness neosphere

obelisk the tormentor

tag force 4:

warm worm

worm bait

regretful rebirth

world championship 2009:

infernity guardian

infernity archfiend

infernity dwarf

wheelie breakers:

supersonic skull flame

skull flame

burning skull head

tag force 3:

gallis the star beast

red-eyes wyvern

darkness destroyer

manga promo:

winged kuriboh lv9

If you are interested in participating post here and I will add you to the list. I might participate especially if we get an odd number. Don't post your decklist I will pm you when comes the time for you to send them to the judge(s).

[spoiler=participants]~ P O L A R I S ~

Nate Xero™

VK-Duelist

Blackwing-Master

.:pyramid:.

Ecoboy1324

Dark_Armed_Zombie

burnpsy

I will also need judges for this to verify decklist if I participate and/or get many participants.

The tournament will be swiss rounds with a cut to top 4. Top 4 will be single elimination.

Prizes :

I will give reps depending on the number of participants. 1st place is guaranteed at least 2 rep.

I updated the list of participants.

Here's some clarifications because I got some questions today.

If a card is on the advanced banlist (like gale and ccv) it's position is the same for the tournament. So you'll be limited to 1 blackwing - gale the whirlwind and won't be allowed to play crush card virus.

You'll have until this sunday to post here if you want to participate.

This is a tcg only tournament.

Vice Dragon isn't allowed since it was a leak.

Yugiohnetwork is fine since anybody can join there and you have access to the log after you duel. If both competitor have YVD or KCVDS and they want to use this platform it's fine by me. I don't like MSN or AIM duels since you can't be sure if your opponent cheats or not.

Bloodline Massacre, yes you can be a judge. For the moment there isn't anything to do but I'll pm you when the time comes.

Also, if some of you know duelists who play online it would be great for you to tell them about this.

On blackwings, they lose icarus attack. It's going to hurt them for sure. They might still win since the rest of the deck is pretty intact. But you never know, Rescue Synchro seems pretty viable too. I hope this doesn't turn into an everybody runs BW tournament.

Just Blackwings? IDK.

Just off the top of my head, we've also got:

-All Monarchs except Kuraz if I remember correctly complete with Level Eater, Treeborn, Volcanic sauce, Oppression from CP08, all that good stuff.

-All the best Six Samurai sauce. The Sams and United from GS2, Shien from CP08, and Grandmaster from Turbo.

-Anti-meta stuff like Barbaros from JUMP, Card Guard from ANPR, Breaker from the Spellcaster Structure Deck, Doomcaliber from Turbo, Paladin of the Cursed Dragon from SDZW, I could go on. Don't forget that we've got Oppression from CP08 too.

-Judgment Dragon from Turbo Pack complete with 5 different LS (SOVR: Shire and Rinyan TU01: Garoth and Ryko CP08: Lumina). They also got Charge and Recharge from Special Eds, as well as Beckoning from CP08.

-Spellcasters to their full extent.

-Cat Sync, Rescue Cat was a Rare in Turbo if memory serves, we've got Monk, we've got Airbellum.

-X-Sabers with support from the Warrior Deck.

-Geminis.

-Flamvells! You should all know the madness a Firedog, Magician, and Rekindling engine can create.

Mix and match the above, throw in some other stuff. I don't want a stream of BW Decks. =/

Just Blackwings? IDK.

Just off the top of my head' date=' we've also got:

-All Monarchs except Kuraz if I remember correctly complete with Level Eater, Treeborn, Volcanic sauce, Oppression from CP08, all that good stuff. [b']And the apprentice engine from the spellcaster structure.[/b]

-All the best Six Samurai sauce. The Sams and United from GS2, Shien from CP08, and Grandmaster from Turbo.

-Anti-meta stuff like Barbaros from JUMP, Card Guard from ANPR, Breaker from the Spellcaster Structure Deck, Doomcaliber from Turbo, Paladin of the Cursed Dragon from SDZWI could go on. Don't forget that we've got Oppression from CP08 too. Kycoo in retro pack.

-Judgment Dragon from Turbo Pack complete with 5 different LS (SOVR: Shire and Rinyan TU01: Garoth and Ryko CP08: Lumina). They also got Charge and Recharge from Special Eds, as well as Beckoning from CP08.

-Spellcasters to their full extent.

-Cat Sync, Rescue Cat was a Rare in Turbo if memory serves, we've got Monk, we've got Airbellum. Spys in retro

-X-Sabers with support from the Warrior Deck. Gottoms' hand destruction is viable

-Geminis.

-Flamvells! You should all know the madness a Firedog, Magician, and Rekindling engine can create.

Mix and match the above, throw in some other stuff. I don't want a stream of BW Decks. =/

Exactly like I thought (and I added some just to help). I don't want this to be a tournament full of BW either but my side is ready for them if I get to participate. When time runs out for registration, I'll send the participants a PM to tell them who they need to send their decklist to. For the moment, it seems I won't play since there are 8 participants.

Sorry for the double post.

Round 1 is up!!!

Table 1 Blackwing-Master vs. Ecoboy1324

Table 2 .:pyramid:. vs. burnpsy

Table 3 ~ P O L A R I S ~ vs. Dark_Armed_Zombie

Table 4 Nate Xero™ vs. VK-Duelist

Good luck to all the participants, you may begin.

As for how many time you have for this, I'll give you guys 2 days. If you have any constraints please contact me via PM.

Archived