Gladiator Beasts

He guys, i wanna start this discussion because i'm switching over from Six Samurai to Glads and there are just a few things i would like to know and i would like to hear your opinion on.

So discus the Glads arch-type in the current meta, it's weak points, it's strong points and overpowering cards (if it has any).

They're meh at best. I never had a problem with them, and I use LV decks....

But OT. protect, and I can't stress enough PROTECT, Bestiari and Murmillo, more notably Bestiari. If you don't you'll most likely lose. Also Waboku and Test Tiger are your friends. The key to your deck is summoning Gyzarus while protecting Bestiari from cards like BTH, and then from there swarming your opponent/Summoning Heraklinos for the game.

He guys' date=' i wanna start this discussion because i'm switching over from Six Samurai to Glads and there are just a few things i would like to know and i would like to hear your opinion on.

[/quote']

Sorry, this is relatively off-topic... Are you me? Because the above statement makes me think that you're me. So if you are me please stop being me before I'm forced to eat your face. XD

OT: Glads are good when played right. However, they rarely are nowadays (IDK why).

@Dark Armed Duelist:

"I don't know what i've been told but" it was something like Tier 1 decks are LS, BW, Zombie and Glads. Glads beeing the cheapest of the 4 and already having played BW and Zombie i decided on that :p

@Manjoume Thunder:

Well anti-meta decks will be anti-meta, Glads can play around Skill Drain and Oppression is the reason side decks excist.

@X-L:

How come they suck now? Are they to slow, relay to much on one card? Please explain.

@daboss144:

Nah, your probebly just a clone of me that was made a few years back :).

The way the miority (srry prob spelled wrong) of you speak, it sound like Glads aren't a Tier 1 deck or even a Tier 1.5 deck. Please support your opinons :).

Edit: I'll take a look at BTM guide

@Manjoume Thunder:

Well anti-meta decks will be anti-meta' date=' Glads can play around Skill Drain and Oppression is the reason side decks excist.

[/quote']

Anti-meta?

Lol.

Blackwings main Oppression and Side Skill Drain.

Zombies side both, but a lot of them main Drain. And of course there are some who main Oppression.

Even LS players started to side Oppression.

Side decks exist, but remember that your opponent can also side.

Typical GB match:

Game 1: GBs lose, because of Oppression.

Game 2: GBs manage to get rid of Oppression, but the opponent has a faster deck. (With some luck they can still win)

Game 3 (If there is one): Same as G2.

Edit: Glads are T2. No SJC tops ... They lost their power with the limitation of Bestiari. They lost their speed when Rescue Cat was limited. They lost their control when Solemn Judgment was limited.

That also proves that limits matter.

Even with 2 Chariots, they're far to anti-meta, and as soon as Konami really realizes how OVP'd LSs are even with their milling, I'm afraid their going to crumble. Basically, all meta decks, will become anti-meta with all the new cards pushing their way in. There is just so much you can do now with GB against BWs and LSs, even Zombiez. They've found their way to your demise. My friend just created a new DD Meta that crushes BWs and LS by stopping their main capabilities. Once you correct an artificial Deck superior to them, it may find usefulness, but as of now, they just aren't worth the full time. In my opinion anywayy.

Even with 2 Chariots' date=' they're far to anti-meta, and as soon as Konami really realizes how OVP'd LSs are even with their milling, I'm afraid their going to crumble. Basically, all meta decks, will become anti-meta with all the new cards pushing their way in. There is just so much you can do now with GB against BWs and LSs, even Zombiez. They've found their way to your demise. My friend just created a new DD Meta that crushes BWs and LS by stopping their main capabilities. Once you correct an artificial Deck superior to them, it may find usefulness, but as of now, they just aren't worth the full time. In my opinion anywayy.

[/quote']

I'm going to have to admit... I don't understand what point you were trying to make with that paragraph.

I play glads with icarus attacks and dust tornado and play the deck more focused on equeste cycling than anything else. This is the best way to play standard glads.

Dimension glads are totally different though obv. Dimension Glads are a really good stun deck with an advantage engine which beats gadgets and little city imo.

@X-L:

How come they suck now? Are they to slow' date=' relay to much on one card? Please explain.

[/quote']

When I went up against the the first, time, I didn't know what they were. So I studied. And I rarely go to locals. So the next time I went, they had 1 Bestari and were trying RC with Samnite and such. But my Gigaplant Deck was to fast, and I was running more counter cards than the players could handle. It was in GB duels, about the only few times I pulled a Giga-Rape. xD

And if you're going for meta' date=' don't even bother with GB and run Zombies, Blackwings or Lightsworn instead.[/b']

This in a blazing trail of agreement. (Whatever that's supposed to mean.)

Glads just don't stack up all too. Well, my Glad friend gave up on them after multiple test-deckings against my zombies. I didn't quite realize it at the time, but, the dude who we decided to net-deck (Yes, i net-deck for my friends if they want builds, since the only Meta build i'm semi-qualified for is Zombies.) never said his glads won against LS, he just said that "The 3 Fissures are annoying."

Archived