Awesome holo effect

~Energy

I know there is alot of tutorials for holoing but this one will also show you how to holo the stars name and attribute.

Its up to you which holo sheets you use for the picture. The bigger ones (remeber to resize them) give a weaker result (like mine.) The smaller ones give a stronger result (like during the tutorial.) I made the result before the tutorial, that's why they are different.

Result:

qqe4iq.jpg

[spoiler=Tutorial]

Step 1: The image.

Save these. Then open up PS or GIMP. I'm using PS.

rvecnk.png2qno3ns.png

33u4a5w.png14a8n5h.png

Open up your card and place the holo sheets over the image and set them to color dodge. Sometimes on bright backgrounds, color dodge will look bad so try using a different one if it does.

[spoiler=spoiler]

zilh5x.jpg

Step 2: Making only the background be holoed.

Now your card will look pretty bad at this stage so erase where the render is on both holo sheets.

[spoiler=spoiler]

i76djk.jpg

Step 3: Holoing the stars.

Save this:

11t2w7d.png

Zoom in and place it over each star. Set all these to color dodge.

[spoiler=spoiler]

okcwab.jpg

Step 4: Holoing the attribute.

Save this:

16bezuq.png

Zoom in and place it over the attribute and set it to color dodge.

[spoiler=spoiler]

124j38l.jpg

Step 4:

Holoing the name.

I use GIMP for this bit because I find the fuzzy select tool better than the magic wand tool on PS. But PS still works.

Zoom in and use fuzzy select/magic wand to select 1 letter of the name at a time. For GIMP go to select>invert for PS select>inverse. Paste in the first holo sheet I gave you at the start of this tut and press delete. Set it to color dodge or for GIMP dodge. Repeat this step for every letter.

[spoiler=spoiler]

14xkzd4.jpg

[spoiler=spoiler]

qqe4iq.jpg

Hope I helped.

+ reps appreciated

Archived