Burning your opponent's deck: Yay or Nay?

• Administrators

I've recently been exposed to and asked to join an inner-city yugioh cult. This cult practices a very high wagering method: If you lose the duel, your opponent must burn your deck. According to the organizer, this causes a lot of high tension which makes it fun to watch. But anyways, I want your opinion on this.....Burning your opponent's deck: Yay or Nay?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAY, NAY, NAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get queasy when someone rips a common card. BURNING A DECK WILL DESTROY ME!!!!!!!! If anything, you should wager the best card, or several of the best cards. I would get no satisfaction in burning a deck my opponent had worked so hard on.

• Administrators

Actually Slime Lord this is a real cult, and I have pictures to prove it....

Here's JeCarlson. He's only 15 and is by far the youngest in the cult....

ALucas2.jpg

Here's Jameson (Ja-mee-so-naa-pee). He's one of the elite members and has only had his deck burnt twice..

JorgeMunoz.jpg

I haven't met any others yet, as I have not joined the cult and don't plan to, unless I am otherwise swayed by this site... :lol:

Interesting point Shaco...

llong_SHACO_site.JPG.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't look up my name like that..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ...... ..... ..... ..... .... ....

anyways, I'd still go with something less brutal... like... lets say (If you wanted to take the next step back) just take your opponents deck, I'd even take that over burning them.

you could have gotten those pictures from anywhere. why would you want to join a yugioh cult? im 15 (16 in two months :D ) and i have far better things to do with my life then to be in a cult that follows a card game. dont get me wrong i love playing yugioh, but im not that extreme about it.

if its true' date=' then im in a cult where we perform human sacrifice and eat the dead bodies.[/quote']

:shock: Are you serious! Dude you gotta get out. That can't be healthy for your digestive system. Hmmmm, there's gotta be some sort of hotline you can call for this sort of situation.

• Administrators

Horus, I don't see how putting that quote in your signitiure is supposed to offend me. I've since severed my ties with yugiohmatsa, so, anyways, all I can say is, thanks! I think it's one of my wiser statements :wink:

And I'm not joking about this. It's not really cult, just like a group. I just called it a cult.....w/e

Kinda reminds me of my friend. He lights his zippo and stands it up on his Burn Deck. One time it fell off and almost charred the side of the deck. As for the cult. I guess if Pro people want to have a thrill playing Yugioh then that cult type group could do that but its something i would never do.

• Administrators

^yes, peace is good! a world with no argument is good! but how can we achieve that when people have guns!? :D

And BTW I didn't actually mean burn their deck, like light it on fire, I ment change the strategy to a burn deck. I thought that was obvius, my bad if it wasn't....

Archived