A-Z of Yugioh And Cards Making *Improved*

Cyber Altair

I was going to make a card making tutorial... Actually' date=' I started on it a long while ago, and I probably will finish it...

But something gives me the idea that you didn't make this whole thing...

Maybe it's the capitalization in the first half, and lack thereof in the latter?

[/quote']

problem is that i am not 100% perfect with the rules and i thought it would help people more if i refered to the original rulebook.

by the way not all of this is copied, just the rules and the info on the booster packs, and that too i wrote the introduction for the Starter deck 2008.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

To add to the guide plz:

Phrases for card making that you should know:

always capitalized:

Summon

Normal Summon

Special Summon

Advance (Tribute) Summon

Flip Summon

Set

Ritual Summon

Fusion Summon

Life Points

Battle Damage

Draw Phase

Standby Phase

Main Phase 1

Main Phase 2

Battle Phase

Damage Step

End Phase

Normal Monster

Effect Monster

Ritual Monster

Fusion Monster

Synchro Monster

Tuner Monster

Deck

Hand

Graveyard

never capitalized:

destroy

destroyed as a result of battle

battles with

sent to the graveyard

remove/d from play

attacking monster

attack position

defense position

face-up

face-down

draw

return to your/your opponent's deck/hand

negate

always abbreviated:

Attack = ATK

Defense = DEF

more to come hopefully and if it needs editing, I will do so or Cybernetic Dragon can.

2 OCG questions about things mentioned in this guide...

1. All the sources I've seen have said "Advanced Summon" as opposed to "Advance Summon." This actually came up in a PM conversation today so I was wondering if both phrases are correct or only one. If only one then what source are you using to determine which is correct and which is wrong?

2. I was told by a Mod here who was helping me with OCG corrections that "Hand" did not need to be capitalized. So who is correct on this point?

Thanks in advance for the answers. ;)

2 OCG questions about things mentioned in this guide...

1. All the sources I've seen have said "Advanced Summon" as opposed to "Advance Summon." This actually came up in a PM conversation today so I was wondering if both phrases are correct or only one. If only one then what source are you using to determine which is correct and which is wrong?

2. I was told by a Mod here who was helping me with OCG corrections that "Hand" did not need to be capitalized. So who is correct on this point?

Thanks in advance for the answers. ;)

* Advance Summon is when you actually summon the monster. "I Advance Summon my monster". Advanced is the term used, "this monster can only be Advanced Summoned". these are just examples ok.

* Actually your right about that, i'll change it in a sec.

• 3 weeks later...

yo' date=' i joined 2 day :) ive just been playiing with the card maker, but how do u do bullet points?

they dont seem to come up when i copy/pase them in!

[/quote']

What I did for my first card was to use the *.

It made a small bullet point.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box. But you did bring up a good point for a possible mod to the card maker.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could add something about the Set ID usually being:

[~~~~]-[**][...]

~ - An abbreviation for your set. (e.g. Mellow Knight: MLNT)

* - Language of the card. (Spanish: SP, English: EN, French: FR, Portugese: PT, German: DE, Italian: IT)

. - Number in the set. (e.g. 008, 027, 113)

Archived