Naruto: Legend of the Kyubi Shards (chapter 116 added!)

DL 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm awesome that way.

Expect awesomeness from ch 3, too.

[spoiler=chapter 111]

Chapter 111 - Wind and Gem

“What, we have to face each other? Seriously? That sucks,” Kyo said, smiling slightly. “Man, talk about bad luck.”

“Bad luck? Why do you say that?” Fuuta asked.

“Well you’re one of my best buddies. It sucks that we have to fight, right?”

Fuuta raised an eyebrow. “We only just met…”

Kyo rubbed the back of his head, grinning. “Yeah, but…well, let’s just say I wasn’t in any condition to make friends in my earlier years.”

“Huh…anyway, I wish you luck.” Fuuta said, and turned to walk toward the ring.

“Right, you too!” Kyo called, and stepped into the other side of the ring.

“Alright, begin!” Naruto said once both contestants were facing each other.

Neither ninja moved. They just stood there staring at each other. Some inside the crowd began getting impatient, but others understood what was happening. Suddenly, Kyo shifted his weight to his left leg, and reached inside his pocket with amazing speed. Fuuta’s eyes widened, and he got into a fighting stance, but Kyo simply removed his hand from his pocket, his hand empty.

“Looks like I win,” Kyo said, grinning.

Fuuta gulped, and blinked. He started at Kyo for a bit before finally realizing his breathing had gotten a bit faster.

This guy…did he really startle me this much? Damn it, now he’s got the psychological advantage.

Fuuta reached for the rapier at his side and slid it out of the sheath, hardly making a sound.

Nor was I prepared for him being so good at this…but it doesn’t matter, I’ll still outdo him in actual fighting prowess.

He pointed the rapier at Kyo. “Come at me.”

Kyo nodded, grinning, and placed his hands together, then placed his palm on the ring floor. As he withdrew it, a sword made of glistening emerald came along with it, forming a cavity on the ground. He held the sword up and ran a finger along the flat part of the green blade.

“Nice trick. Where’d you learn it?” Fuuta asked.

“By myself. It’s actually quite brilliant don’t you think?”

“…Did you really just make that pun?”

“Well yeah. It’s no good to be uptight in a battle between friends, right?”

Fuuta sighed. “Like I said, we only just met…”

“Oh…right…well in that case,” Kyo said, and dashed at Fuuta, his soft expression disappearing a bit.

He slashed with the emerald blade at Fuuta’s side, but Fuuta used his own rapier to deflect it, knocking Kyo off balance for a bit. Right after he did so, he stabbed at Kyo’s chest, but got his own rapier knocked away by a kick. The rapier flew back and landed on the ground, a few feet from Fuuta as Kyo brought his foot down, and slashed at Fuuta. Fuuta jumped back just in time to avoid a wound, but the front of his cloak was still ripped. He grabbed his fallen rapier and looked at Kyo.

“Well, well, you’re not half bad.”

“If this is enough to impress you, you’ve got another thing coming if you believe you’ll win this match,” Kyo said, grinning.

“Is that so? Then show me your best and I’ll tell you if YOU should believe you’ll win this.”

“No can do,” Kyo answered. “I have a personal rule to not go all out against strangers. And since we only just met, and we’re not friends…”

Fuuta raised an eyebrow. “You know? I can tell you’ll really start annoying me.”

“It’s my goal,” Kyo said, grinning. “But seriously, if you want to see my best…just be prepared to lose.”

Kyo performed several hand signs, and thrust both his hands on the ground. As soon as he did so, emerald began spreading throughout his body, starting from his hands. Soon, his whole body was covered in green gemstone, except his face, which was exposed by an emerald-shaped opening in the armor.

“Here I come…” he muttered.

He dashed forward incredibly quickly, and punched at Fuuta, who dodged to the side. He grinned, thinking he had avoided it, but emerald suddenly sprouted from Kyo’s arm, toward him, and nailed him in the face. He almost lost his balance, rubbing his face.

“That’s some trick,” Fuuta said.

“You haven’t seen anything.”

Kyo thrust his arm on the ground, and suddenly emerald burst from the ground below Fuuta, grazing his cloak as he managed to step back in time. When he looked up, Kyo was already dashing at him. Kyo threw another punch, but Fuuta decided to use his rapier this time instead. He brought it up, and blocked the punch. His eyes widened a bit as something resonated inside him at the moment of impact. The attack pushed him back a little bit, but he held his ground, then swung his rapier to push Kyo away.

“What was that…?” he muttered.

He didn’t have much time to think as Kyo stretched his arm toward Fuuta, and a blast of diamond crystals rocketed toward him.

Fuuta tightened his grip on his rapier and tossed it in front of him, then placed his hands together. The rapier started spinning immensely rapidly, as wind built up around it. When the diamonds hit the rapier, they harmlessly bounced off.

“Too easy for you? Then try this!” Kyo yelled, and slammed his hands together. When he did so, a blast of emerald shot out at Fuuta. Fuuta blinked. Somehow the attack seemed slow. He got up and sidestepped without much difficulty. Kyo grinned, and brought both his hands back a bit. Fuuta frowned a bit, as something inside him told him to move to the right. He did so, and right then and there, the emerald blast turned around and passed through the area Fuuta had been in just seconds previously.

“Woah, it’s like you knew what I was going to do. Are you a psychic? Well then again, with that hair, I’d say you’re more of a psy-CHICK. Get it?” Kyo asked, with a chuckle.

“Hahah, very funny,” Fuuta muttered, still wondering about what that voice was. “It can’t be my Shokyoku…I lost that already…and plus, it didn’t even feel like it.”

“Well either way time for you to see my greatest move! Careful you don’t die!”

Kyo twisted his arm, and shoved it in the ground.

“Emerald…” he muttered, then raised his arm high, with amazing speed, breaking the floor and sending a vertical wave of emerald at Fuuta. “Fang!”

Fuuta blinked, and looked down at his sword. The emerald attack seemed to move slowly toward him, as if time wanted to stop. Fuuta took his sword, and swung it lightly, his body not moving much more than that. As soon as the emerald wave hit the sword, it shattered, causing emerald sparks to fly everywhere. Fuuta looked down at his sword, and back at Kyo, who’s eyes were wide.

“How did you do that?” he asked, with a light stutter. “How did you stop my attack so easily?”

“I…don’t know,” Fuuta said, as he blinked and once again the world seemed to go back to normal speed.

Kyo stared at him for a few minutes, before chuckling, and lowering his arms. His emerald armor withdrew.

“I give up. That was my best attack, and let me exhausted, while you’ve just barely begun to sweat. I can’t win this. It’s been fun though,” he said, slightly smiling.

Fuuta touched his cheek, and looked at his hand, on which there were tiny wet parts.

“I was…sweating? Why couldn’t I feel it?” he muttered.

Naruto glanced at Fuuta. That kid…for a few moments, his fighting pressure suddenly changed. There was no fighting intent but…

“Alright, Fuuta advances to the next round. This leads us to the next match.”

He drew two names from the box, and unwrapped them.

“Zeru…versus…Lyn!”

[spoiler=Chapter 112]

Chapter 112 - The Rematch

Zeru and Lyn stepped onto the ring, gazing at each other.

Zeru smirked slightly. “So…it seems we were destined to have a rematch,”

“S-so it appears. P-please go easy on me,” Lyn said, with a short bow.

“Unfortunately, I can’t afford to lose, so I’ll have to go all out.”

Lyn nodded. “A-alright, I’ll do my best too. Good luck.”

“She’s so polite…” Daisuke murmured to himself, watching from the small crowd.

“Begin!” Naruto said.

In an instant, Zeru pointed an arm, his palm open, at Lyn. A blast of fire shot from it, but was instantly absorbed by the fire shield Lyn conjured by clasping her hands together, then thrown back at Zeru. Instead of trying to dodge, or blocking, he simply ran straight ahead with a thin coat of fire shielding him. He caught Lyn off-guard, and got close to her before she could react, then punched her in the gut. She grimaced, and fell to her knees.

“You know, if you don’t step it up, you can’t beat me.”

“I…have to. If Shisuke loses, even though I don’t think he will, I have to win. To make sure we get Hayate back. I can’t lose here, no matter what,” Lyn said, standing up, clutching her stomach.

“I see…but at this level of power, you won’t win. Ah, I have an idea,” Zeru said. “How about I tell you exactly who’s fault it is that Hayate is now with your enemy?”

Lyn frowned. “W-what are you talking about?”

“It’s my fault. Me and Fuuta beat him, so he lost sense of his duty, and joined the bad guys. Doesn’t that just make you angry?”

Lyn blinked. “I…there’s no helping it now. What’s done is done.”

Zeru almost fell. “Wait, what? I thought you’d get pissed and want to fight. What the hell’s this ‘what’s done is done’ crap? I’m the reason you’re here, trying to get back your comrade, you know?”

“Well…you couldn’t have known this would happen, I can’t blame you,” Lyn said.

“You…you make it hard for me to fight you, you know?” Zeru said, his palm on his forehead.

Lyn smiled, and dashed forward the instant Zeru looked away for an instant, then poked him with two fingers on the chest. A split second later, before Zeru could react, a burst of fire shot from Zeru’s back, parallel to Lyn’s fingers, causing him to stumble back, a small burn hole in the back of his cloak.

“Sorry, I just saw an opportunity and…took it,” Lyn said, scratching her head and blushing lightly.

“W-what the hell was that?” he asked.

“Well, you know how there’s a clan in the Leaf Village that can attack chakra points?” Lyn asked, with a small smile. “I can attack those too.”

“Wait…you mean the Hyuuga? But they can only attack chakra points because of their Byakugan!”

“Hmm, it’s hard to explain, but I’m good at learning. I once saw a picture of the human body’s chakra points, and from that point on, I knew where they were in real humans too. The only different is they use chakra bursts, I use fire bursts,” Lyn explained. “So mine hurt a bit more.”

“T-that hardly makes sense at all! It shouldn’t be close to possible, to-”

Before Zeru could continue, Lyn dashed at him, then poked him on the stomach with two fingers again. This time, three separate bursts of fire shot through Zeru. He fell on his back with a grunt, then quickly got back up, panting slightly.

“Damn it, that’s pretty troublesome. I’ll finish this quick!” Zeru said, and black chakra began consuming him, until it formed a sort of armor. “Reverse chakra will end this as quickly as last time!”

“By the way, before you attack, I’ve been wondering. How come you’re carrying that bow, and you don’t use it?”

Zeru blinked. “Oh, well…I don’t really KNOW how to use it yet, an- wait, don’t distract me! Die!”

He appeared in front of her, behind her, and at her sides all at the same time, and threw bursts of fire at her from every direction. Finally, appeared above her and shot a gigantic burst of black fire downward. He then appeared a few yards from the smoke. Once it cleared, he saw Lyn, standing there perfectly unharmed.

“How…” Zeru muttered, then gulped. “How is that possible?”

Lyn turned to face him. Her eyes had started glowing a light amber color, and her hair and skin seemed illuminated by some light source aside from the sun. In fact, Lyn’s body seemed to emanate some form of radiance.

“I’m sorry, I had to use this. Now you won’t be able to win anymore,” Lyn said, her face showing no expression.

“That’s what you think.”

Zeru made his hand like a gun, and from his index finger came a fire bullet, aimed at Lyn’s head. Before it even touched her, it dissipated, without her even lifting a finger.

“What in the-” Zeru began.

Before he could finish, Lyn appeared in front of him, and placed her palm on his chest. Immediately, countless fire bursts shot out through Zeru’s back, and he went flying, unable to even break his fall. After he fell, he clenched his teeth and gripped the ground, stifling grunts of agony.

“There we go, now all sixty-four of your chakra points are sealed. You can’t fight anymore, so it’s my win, right?”

Zeru struggled up, shaking from head to toe. “Damn you, I won’t lose…”

“You shouldn’t try too hard to move right now. You’ll just hurt yourself,” Lyn advised.

“Shut up! I don’t f*cking care, I have to win, to save my sister!” Zeru said, reaching for Himeko, the bow his father had given him.

He tugged on the bow’s string over and over, but nothing happened.

“Damn it, stupid thing! Dad said you couldn’t use arrows, so what CAN you use? Damn it…you worthless piece of junk…just work! I don’t care what you have to use, just FIRE!”

He tugged on the bowstring one more time, and suddenly he felt a huge energy blast from the bow. There was a second of silence, then an unseen force crashed onto Lyn. She instantly lost consciousness, and fell out of the ring.

“W-what was…” Zeru began to mutter.

He was stopped as he abruptly fell to his knees, his eyes wide. He was finding it difficult to breathe, or even stay awake. Thus, in just a few seconds, he gave in to the latter, and lost conciousness himself.

[spoiler=Chapter 113]

Chapter 113 - Promise from One Girl to Another

With the fainted Zeru and Lyn having been taken to the infirmary, after Naruto declared Zeru the victor of the match, he drew two more names from the box.

“Kira versus…Ami!” he announced.

Ami gasped, and looked at Kira, who was by her side, stunned.

“T-that can’t be right! I don’t wanna fight you, Big Sis! Especially not you!”

Kira sighed, then turned to look at Ami, with a determined look in her eye. “Well, it seems we have to, Ami. I don’t want to either…but, I have an idea. We both want to bring back someone who’s in the Kuchiku. So the one who wins between us, should carry though that goal for both her and the loser! How’s that sound?”

Ami smiled, and hugged Kira. “That sounds awesome, Big Sis! Alright, we‘ll try our best, and the winner will fight for both of us!”

“Erm,” Naruto said. “Planning on climbing onto the ring anytime soon?”

Kira laughed nervously. “S-sorry. Come on, Ami.”

She took Ami’s hand, and they both climbed onto the ring, then faced each other.

“You know…” Daisuke muttered. “It’s more like they’re going on a picnic than about to start a fight…”

“Begin!” Naruto said.

“You ready, Big Sis?” Ami said, getting into a stance.

“Of course,” Kira said, doing the same.

“Three…two…,” they both counted. “ONE!”

They slashed their hands into the air, and stopped in midair, right in front of them. Ami’s hand was closed into a fist, Kira’s had two fingers extended.

“…ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS?” Kyo yelled, nearly falling over from laugher. “There are SO many things wrong with that!”

Ami smirked. “Looks like I win the first round, Big Sis!”

Kira giggled. “I guess so. Alright, what’s next?”

“Let me guess,” Kyo said, on the floor holding his sides. “Hopscotch?!”

“Oooh, that’s a great idea!” Ami exclaimed.

Kyo started another fit of hysterics. “BWAHAHAHA!”

Hayate sighed. “Idiotic children…”

“Is this even a tournament anymore…?” Daisuke asked.

“Who cares, I’m laughing so much my sides hurt!” Kyo said, trying to stop his laughter.

In a few minutes, they had drawn what could possibly be described as the most complicated hopscotch in history. Ami tried it, but failed not even a third of the way. She fell on her butt, laughing.

“Wow, I really don’t have any balance,” she said, blushing slightly as she stuck out her tongue.

Kira took a deep breath, and went through the squares with amazing speed, reaching the end in a mere two minutes, then picking up the stone and returning in two and a half.

“There we go! That’s one point for me!”

“Umm…if I may,” Naruto began. “How much points do you have to get to win this…event?”

“Three!” Ami said proudly, holding up three fingers.

“I…see. Well then, carry on.”

“Hmm…next comes…who can jump the highest?” Ami suggested.

“I don’t see why not. But…there are no rules, right?”

“Nope, you can use whatever you want to propel you as high as possible! The first one to land loses!”

“Nice, then on the count of three. One…two…three!”

Sand gathered around Kira’s feet, and boosted her up, and blue chakra did the same for Ami. They both reached around the same height, but when they were about to descend, Kira gathered sand around her feet, to slow down her fall. Meanwhile, Ami didn’t have anything to help her stay afloat longer, so she merely waved her arms up and down in an effort to stay in the air. Regardless, she hit the ground first, and with that, Kira racked up another victory.

“Next is…arm wrestling, how’s that sound?” Kira asked.

“That sounds great,” Ami replied. “Same rules as last time; no rules, right?”

“Right,” Kira said, grinning, then created a makeshift table and two chairs out of sand.

Both girls sat opposite each other, and got into the arm wrestling stance.

“Three…two…one…go!”

Both struggled with all their strength, but Kira had a slight advantage, due to their age difference. Ami then covered her arm with blue chakra, and Kira covered hers with sand right after. It was pretty even for a bit, so Ami decided to give it one last try before her arm got too tired. She covered it with red chakra, as she thrust with all her strength. Kira was caught by surprise, and her arm hit the table.

She sighed, then smiled. “That was pretty fun. Now there only one left, and whoever wins, wins it all! What’s it going to be?”

“Hmm…I don’t know, really,” Ami replied.

They both took a small break to think about it.

“Ooh, I know!” Kira exclaimed. “Why not a bra and panties contest to let the audience decide who has the hottest body?”

“B-but then I-I’ll definitely lose to Big Sis,” Ami whined, then got closer to Kira and whispered in her ear: “Besides, I…don’t use a bra yet…”

Kira smirked. “Then don’t you think you’ll have a better chance, since you’ll show more skin?”

Ami reared her head back, blushing intensely. “S-Sis!”

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding!” Kira said, giggling. “But that DID give me an idea…why not…a joke competition?”

Ami blinked. “That…actually sounds like it could work! Alright, you can go first!”

Kira nodded and turned to the crowd, as Ami stood a bit to the side.

“Here we go…what religion is the Juubi?”

After a few moments, to allow the crowd to ponder, she spread her arms and said, in a glorious tone: “JEWISH! Get it? …Jew? ….Juubi?”

Naruto actually had to stifle a chuckle.

Hayate sighed once again. “That was horrible…”

Ami stepped in, and Kira took to the side this time.

“Alright, my turn! What do you call a genin who‘s a thug? A gang-nin!”

“Oh dear lord…” Daisuke said, shaking his head, but smiling to himself.

“Well crowd, who would you say won?” Kira asked.

There was utter silence for a few moments.

“Um…okay, yeah, we weren’t that funny. How about we call this a draw, and try something else, Ami?”

“Like what?”

“Mimicry! We pick someone, anyone, to mimic, and whoever the audience thinks does the best mimicry wins!”

“That sounds great!” Ami replied. “I’ll go first!”

Ami gathered her hair in a bundle, and smiled smugly.

“Hahah, you can’t outwit me! I am a genius extraordinaire, and I’m bringing in a new era! BA-ZINGA!”

Kira stared for a second, before cracking up. “BWAHAHAHA! That’s totally Hikaru! Oh my god, that was perfect!”

Ami took a short bow. “Thank you.”

“Alright, now my turn!”

Kira manipulated sand around her hair to make it spiky, then fashioned some sand into a scarf, and another bundle into a sword at her waist. Finally, she put on an annoyed face.

“You idiots,” she said, roughing her voice up a bit. “You can’t possibly comprehend how cool I am compared to you.”

“…Takako…” Daisuke muttered, before bursting out in laughter.

Coincidentally, Takako had woken up shortly before, and was now witnessing this very scene.

“…I do NOT act like that…” he said, turning away.

“So crowd, decide who shall be the winner!” Kira shouted, smiling.

[spoiler=Chapter 114]

Chapter 114 - Daisuke versus Hayate

“Kira, definitely,” Daisuke said, chuckling. “Yours was good, Ami. But…that was priceless.”

Fuuta nodded, hiding a small smile. “Admittedly, it was entertaining.”

“Hmm…I agree,”

Kira turned to Ami, surprised.

“You agree? B-but that means you’ll lose, right?”

“It’s fine,” Ami said, smiling. “If I lose, then at least I’ll have lost to you! And I’m also entrusting Daisuke to you, so you’d better not lose!”

Kira stared blankly for a moment, before giggling. “You bet! I definitely won’t lose!”

“So…” Naruto began. “Does that mean you forfeit, Miss Shikawa?”

“Yep! I give up, Kira won fair and square.”

Naruto nodded. “Very well. Kira Makeru advances to the next match!”

Quite far from the Moonlight Village, in a small and dimly lit room, Kazuna opened her eyes. She looked around, trying to get used to the darkness. She tried standing up, but found herself unable to move. She was about to feel around her leg, to see if anything was on it, preventing her movement. But she also couldn’t move her arms very far. She felt her wrists and ankles to be somewhat cold, and touched one of her wrists with her hand. There was a ring-like object made out of metal around her wrists, and around her ankles as well. There were chains attached to the metal rings. The chains holding her hands were several feet long, but the ones holding her feet were only a couple feet long.

“I’m chained up…” she murmured, in a sort of scratchy voice, as she got used to talking again.

Suddenly, a light shone through, and illuminated a small part of the room. Kazuna looked up, wincing slightly at the light. A man came into the room, but the light from the other room cast a shadow over him, so she couldn’t make out his face.

“So, you’re awake,” the man said. “You’ve been out for quite a while.”

“Who…are you?” Kazuna asked, raising her hand in front of her face to block the light.

“I am the man who kidnapped you. Our leader has use for you, so you‘re going to help us.”

“I won’t help you…let me go,” Kazuna said, struggling a bit with the chains.

The man chuckled. “You think it will be that easy?”

“No…but I know my brother will come to save me. He’ll come and beat you all up! For sure!”

“Ooh, who’s stronger, your brother, or your father?” the man asked.

Kazuna frowned. “My…father, probably. Why do you ask? Unless you’re scared. But don’t worry, my brother is enough for you.”

“Oh really,” the man said, chuckling. “Well I must be lucky then. I stopped by your house earlier, and your father…well, he got in my way.”

Kazuna gulped, then asked slowly; “You…what did you…?”

“I hope you’ve got a mother,” the man said, sinisterly. “Or else you’re kind of orphaned now.”

Tears began forming in Kazuna’s eyes. “No…you’re lying. You’re lying!”

“Believe what you wish. Now, if you don’t mind, my little friend has a job to do.”

As he said this, he step aside, and a man walked in. He wore a cloak that covered his body, with a hood that he wore over is head, and he was hunched over. He slowly stepped over to Kazuna, and kneeled in front of her, then pulled out a small jar from his bag, with an eye inside it. Kazuna swung at him using as much space as the chains let her, but before the punch hit him, the first man appeared beside her, and caught her fist. The hooded man opened the flask and slid the eye onto his hand, then slowly approached Kazuna.

“No…don’t come any closer! W-what are you…?”

A few scientists were in the room next to the one Kazuna and the two men were at. They kept working silently, even through the agonizing screams that the girl let out at that moment.

Kira smiled, and hugged Ami tight. “Ami…you’re the best friend a girl could ask for.”

Ami giggled, returning the embrace. “It’s fine, Big Sis! Just don’t let all our efforts go to waste, and go at it with everything you’ve got!”

Kira nodded, her eyes gleaming. “Right!”

“Not to spoil your moment,” Daisuke said. “But…can we move onto my match with Hayate? If I’m correct, we’re the only two who haven’t gone yet.”

Kira blushed, and dragged Ami out of the ring. “G-go on.”

“Alright, if everyone’s ready, we can get started on the last match of round one,” Naruto said. “Daisuke, Hayate, if you please.”

Daisuke hopped onto the ring, standing at the ready. Hayate seemingly appeared there, as if he hadn’t moved a muscle, but had simply changed his location.

“Begin!” Naruto yelled.

Daisuke’s eyes suddenly widened, and he shifted his body to the left. A small gust of wind passed through where his body was a second ago. Meanwhile, Hayate stood there, unmoving. Daisuke moved his body a few more times, closely avoiding the gusts of wind.

“You…” he said, finally. “Are pretty damn fast, aren’t you.”

Hayate shifted his hair. “You are too, it seems. I doubted you could even see my attacks, let alone dodge them.”

“I’m pretty fast, yeah,” Daisuke said, smirking. “Want to see?”

“Can you show me?” Hayate asked. “Do you think you can show me a speed I find acceptable?”

Daisuke chuckled, and disappeared. Hayate stood still, in the same spot, but shockwaves could be felt at certain places throughout the ring. They continued on for a minute or so, with the few spectators gazing silently.

“This is…this level of speed is incredible…” Naruto muttered, a drop of sweat rolling down his cheek. “Way above the level of the average Jonin…”

Finally, Daisuke reappeared, on the other side of the ring as Hayate. He smirked, and wiped a beat of sweat from his cheek.

“Well, how’s that for a warm-up?”

Hayate brushed some of his hair from his brow. “I think it’ll do nicely. You’ll serve as a good opponent.”

[spoiler=Chapter 115]

Chapter 115 - Speed that is Incomparable

“I must warn you, however,” Hayate said. “You’ll be mistaken if you think you can keep up with my speed because of that small warm-up.”

Daisuke smiled. “I see…so you’re faster than that?”

“I’m faster than you could imagine.”

“Prove it,” Daisuke said with a chuckle.

Hayate scoffed, and disappeared. Daisuke gasped, and stepped back, but in less than half a second, Hayate punched him in the gut. He disappeared again, and Daisuke felt a crushing kick to the back of his head. He stumbled forward, but quickly regained his senses. Hayate appeared on the other side of the ring, where he had been standing before.

“How was that? Did you enjoy experiencing the speed of a semi-god?” Hayate asked.

Daisuke clenched his teeth. “Semi-god? Don’t mess around with me. You’re no god.”

“Oh really?”

Hayate disappeared once again, and Daisuke swiftly held his arm out. He grabbed Hayate’s fist as it neared.

“Well? Still think you’re some sort of god?” Daisuke asked. “if so…then you’re a failure as one. To have your attack stopped that easily.”

Daisuke brought Hayate closer by pulling his fist, and kneed him on the face, then extended his leg, causing it to impact with the side of Hayate’s head.

Hayate fell to the ground, but quickly hopped back onto his feet. “Is that all?”

“Not exactly,” Daisuke muttered, and held out his hand, his other hand holding it by the wrist.

Water began swirling around his palm rapidly.

“I know that technique. It’s the water palm, right?” Hayate asked.

Daisuke blinked. “How did you…?”

“Don’t think you’re the only one who knows how to use it, Daisuke Sakami. Regardless, you won’t be able to hit me with that.”

“Oh, really? You think I want to hit YOU with it?” Daisuke said, and rammed the water palm onto his chest.

He clenched his teeth and held firm, as the water pressure shook him. A few seconds later, the attack stopped, and some smoke was coming from Daisuke’s body.

“What did you…?”

Daisuke disappeared, and kicked Hayate on the side of the head faster than he could react, sending him flying. Hayate gritted his teeth, and managed to stop himself from falling off the ring, by a few inches.

“Well, that was pretty fast. Definitely didn’t expect it. How DID you do that?”

Daisuke, breathing somewhat heavily, smiled. “Water has more power than you’d think. You just have to make it listen to you.”

“I see…tell me, do you think you’re faster than me, now?” Hayate asked.

“I know I am.”

Hayate chuckled a bit, then it grew from that into full-out hysteric laughter. After a few moments, he settled down, and brushed his hair out of his eyes, glaring at Daisuke with a sinister smile.

“You naive fool,” Hayate muttered.

He ripped the shirt under his jacket, revealing his Guardian Seal. He touched it with his hand, and it began glowing.

“Guardian Seal, Release.” he murmured, as his whole body began glowing.

After a flash of light, he stood there, his eyes clearer than before, and his hair flowing as if a breeze was passing by.

“Now, watch…and witness the speed of a GOD!”

A small shockwave of air appeared around Hayate for a split second, and before Daisuke knew it, he received a blow to the face by an unseen force. He stumbled back, maintaining his balance.

“What the hell? I didn’t even see that! You didn’t even move!”

“I told you. The speed of a god.”

Suddenly, several invisible punches nailed Daisuke in the stomach. He fell on his back with a grunt.

“Give it up, you can’t beat me. If you give up now, I won’t have to be serious about this.”

Daisuke stood up and ran a hand over his mouth, wiping off a smudge of dirt.

“You’ve got to be kidding. It’s YOU who can’t win.”

Hayate’s cool was broken for a split second, and he glared at Daisuke.

“Stop bluffing, you’ve nothing to back it up,” Hayate said, clenching his teeth.

“Oh really? Well let me just say, your ‘god speed’ may have been impressive at first…but your punches…are as weak as the average ninja. It doesn’t matter if you’re fast, you won’t defeat me with such light blows.”

Hayate scowled. “You bastard, I’ll teach you!”

Hayate disappeared. In that instant, a hundred blows hit Daisuke from every angle, but he stayed perfectly still. Hayate appeared once again in his original spot.

“How did that feel?”

“Like a bunch of flies tackling me,” Daisuke said, looking up. “Is that all?”

Hayate stood there, shaking, his gaze piercing into Daisuke.

“Damn you…I’ll kill you!”

[spoiler=Chapter 116]

Chapter 116 - Second Round

“You say that I am weak,” Hayate muttered. “Well let’s see you face off against the strongest technique in existence!”

He gripped one of his hands, with its palm facing up, and a sphere began to form on top of it. Wind began swirling around the sphere in a spiral. Soon the wind took form of four giant blades attached to the initial sphere, it’s basic form looking like a giant transparent shuriken.

Naruto blinked. “That’s the…”

Hayate chuckled, the chakra shuriken slowly becoming stable. “Scared?”

“Is that it?” Daisuke asked. “I’ll show you something that will REALLY surprise you!”

He clenched his fist, and water began swirling around his fist.

“No…” Naruto muttered to himself. “If that’s the same attack I saw him use against Takako…it won’t even come close to beating Hayate. And yet, the bigger question is…how did Hayate learn to use that?”

Daisuke closed his eyes, and the swirling water spread upward, until it covered his entire arm. The sound of cloth being ripped resounded as Daisuke’s sleeve was torn to shreds.

“This is…not Water Palm…but Water Arm!” Daisuke exclaimed.

Fuuta stared at Daisuke for a second, then slapped his palm against his forehead. “That’s so half-assed…”

Hayate scoffed. “Whatever that is, it can’t beat my attack. Just give up! Rasenshuriken!”

“Oh yeah, we’ll see…Water Arm!”

“That’s still half-assed…” Fuuta muttered.

He and Daisuke dashed at each other, almost unseen, and their attacks clashed. There was a moment of silence, before a shockwave blasted from the ring. More shockwaves followed, each one bigger than the last. At the very center, stood Daisuke and Hayate, deadlocked in the clash. Gashes began appearing on Hayate’s arm, as the water swirling around Daisuke’s turned a reddish color.

Daisuke winced. “Damn, water stings.”

“You’re worried about a mild sting?” Hayate said, grinning nervously. “You’re about to get a fractured arm if you keep this up.”

“We’ll see…” Daisuke muttered through gritted teeth, and sent a shockwave through the spiraling water around his arm.

When it reached the center of the clash, it caused an explosion, blowing Daisuke and Hayate away, both falling to the very edge of the ring. The smoke lingered on for a bit, the center of the arena now with a shallow crater on it. When the smoke cleared, Daisuke was standing up, holding his shaking right arm. His breathing was heavy, as he fell to his knees. On the other side of the ring, Hayate stood upright, as if he hadn’t been injured. But his whole body was trembling, and his eyes had lost focus. His breathing was soft, but shaky. All of a sudden, he coughed up blood and fell to his knees, then to the ground on his stomach. He curled up a bit, his eyes wide. He coughed up more blood, and let out a groan, clenching his teeth.

“D-damn! W-what did you…?” he managed to mutter.

Daisuke smirked. “Bet you felt that, huh? I sent a bit more power into my attack, and I guess it got amplified due to the chaos. You won’t be standing for a while. Hell, I’m surprised you’ve even still alive.”

“But how? How is it possible that you have such power? There’s no way…”

Daisuke laughed, looking at the sky. “Don’t be stupid. There’s no ‘why’ to strength. But if I had to say…I’m this strong because a special friend is looking over me.”

Hayate scoffed. “A special friend? Don’t mess with me, friendship means nothing in a battle…”

“Think that if you must, regardless, I’ve won,” Daisuke said, turning away from Hayate.

“Don’t think it’s over yet…” Hayate muttered.

Daisuke turned around, and saw Hayate standing up, his whole body trembling.

“You’re in no condition to fight…” Daisuke said, panting slightly.

“Shut up…I’ll decide that for myself…” Hayate said, taking a few steps forward, before falling to his knees, seemingly unconscious.

Daisuke sighed. “Alright…there we go. Now, can we call this my victory?"

Naruto nodded. “Victory goes to-”

Suddenly, the ground cracked and there was a roar. Daisuke gasped, turning his gaze to Hayate. Light was coming from Hayate’s eyes and mouth, as he gazed upward, wind flowing around him.

He lowered his head, glaring at Daisuke, before dashing forward, and punching at him. Daisuke moved to block the punch, but he winced as his right hand struggled to move in time. The punch connected, and Daisuke blinked.

“That punch was…weak?” he muttered, watching the light fade from Hayate, as he fell to the ground, finally unconscious.

Everyone stared for a few moments before Naruto cleared his throat. “Hayate is unconscious. Daisuke wins!”

Daisuke let out a sigh. “Freakin’ finally.”

He stumbled out of the ring, holding his arm.

“Think you’re ready for the next round?” Takako muttered, sitting a few feet away.

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well I don’t know, can you fight with only one arm?”

Daisuke glanced at him for a few moments, before turning away, smiling. “We’ll see, won’t we?”

“Well, that match concludes round one. Round two will begin in half an hour, so be sure to rest up until then. The first match of round two will be Takako versus Mikuo, so those two fighters should get themselves ready in that time as well.”

[spoiler=Chapter 117]

Chapter 117 - Ye Old Interrupted Coffee Breaks

“This is gonna be a drag, huh?” Mikuo said, leaning back in his chair. “I don’t want to fight Takako”

“Afraid you’ll lose?” Takako asked.

Mikuo raised an eyebrow. “Well you seem confident.”

“The only one who can match me now is Daisuke, wouldn’t you say so?”

“Oh, really?” Mikuo asked, smirking.

“Technically we’ve never seen Mikuo fight at his full potential, so-” Daisuke began to say, before the door the room the Kuchiku were all in opened.

Kaori walked in, bandages wrapped around various parts of her body.

“W-what happened? Did I lose?”

Daisuke turned to her, then looked away after a moment. “Yeah. But it’s cool, there are still plenty of us in the tournament.”

“Plus,” Takako added, seeing Kaori’s gaze lower. “If you had beaten that guy, you’d have to face Madara. Too dangerous of an opponent no matter how you look at it.”

Kaori sighed. “I guess you’re right…but I can’t believe I got eliminated so early…”

“The second round starts now,” a voice rang out, before anyone could reply to Kaori. “All participants report to the stage.”

“Well, that’s our call,” Takako said, disappearing in a flurry of sand.

Mikuo smirked, getting up from his seat, and heading out the door, before muttering. “As classy as always, Takako.”

“Ready?” Naruto asked. “Begin!”

Takako pulled out several shuriken, and tossed them at Mikuo. He simply stood there, letting darkness swat the shuriken to the ground. They hit the ground, scattered in different directions. While the darkness had risen to block the shuriken, Takako dashed toward Mikuo, and kicked at the side of his head. A darkness barrier formed in midair and blocked the kick, then a spike made from darkness shot out of the ground, and toward Takako. Takako drew his sword and blocked the spike, but the impact sent him flying a few feet away.

He landed softly on the ground, grinning. “Well, I guess I can’t hold back against you, can I?”

“Not unless you wanna lose, huh?” Mikuo said, thrusting his arm forward.

A blast of darkness shot forth from his palm. Takako slashed the blast in half with his sword, but it converged behind him, forming a ball, and headed toward his back. He spun around, and punched it to the side, diverging its path slightly. It hit the arena a few feet away from him, and exploded upward in a shadowy outburst.

Mikuo took his moment of distraction to stab Takako in the back with a blade made from shadows. Dark smoke seeped from the wound, instead of blood. Takako looked down at his chest, where the sword was protruding outward, his eyes wide.

“Now, it gets fun, huh?” Mikuo muttered.

Suddenly, a veil of shadows surrounded Takako, and he was standing alone in a dark room. Well, calling it a room wouldn’t be totally correct. It was simply a dark space. There were no walls, no ceiling, and no floor. Just Takako. Suddenly, the darkness began to stir.

Daisuke frowned. “What the hell? Mikuo stabbed him, and Takako’s just gonna stand there staring off into space like an idiot?”

“No…this is a genjutsu of some sort,” Fuuta muttered. “But what sort of genjutsu would be so powerful as to affect Takako, I wonder…?”

Just then, Takako let out an agonizing scream. He fell to his knees, his face wincing, and held his head in his hands. His entire body shook, and sweat dripped from his face. After a minute or so of this, he finally calmed down a bit. He got on one knee, trying to stand up, but his body still shook, and he had to stay as he was.

“Well, isn’t this interesting? The mighty Takako, now incapacitated. I thought you’d be harder to beat than this.”

Takako shut his eyes tight, panting slightly.

“Damn you…I can’t even open my eyes…or else I see that…that…abomination!”

Mikuo chuckled. “Yes, that is my best genjutsu technique. I haven’t faced a single opponent willing, or oftentimes, able to fight me after I use it. It’s really quite amazing, huh?”

“Amazing…right. So this thing implants itself in my eyes, so whenever I open them I see it, right…?”

“Oh yes, you’re quite right. And since you can’t fight blind, I suggest you give up before yo-” Mikuo began to say, before a kunai sped past his cheek, leaving a gash on it.

“Fighting blind?” Takako murmured. “Well this brings me back a bit.”

Takako grabbed the sleeve of his shirt, which was slightly torn, and tore a strip off of it. He then tied the strip of cloth around his eyes.

“There we go, much better. Now I can’t give into temptation.”

“You can’t be serious, can you really hope to fight without seeing your opponent?” Mikuo asked.

He was swiftly answered by Takako dashing at him, and lunging at him with his blade. Mikuo barely managed to sidestep, before Takako spun around, and slashed at his side. Darkness rose to block the blade, but the blade’s path suddenly shot upward. Just as suddenly, it shot downward again, headed straight for Mikuo’s face. Mikuo could do nothing except step back in time to avoid a fatal wound, but the sword managed to leave a slash on his cheek, making a sort of X-shaped scar in conjunction with the earlier kunai wound.

Mikuo touched his face, his teeth clenched. “You don’t give up easily, huh?”

“Are you kidding?” Takako asked. “We’re just getting started.”

[spoiler=Chapter 118]

Chapter 118 - My b****

Takako placed his hands together, and a spear of sand formed in the air. He grabbed it, and tossed it at Mikuo. Mikuo smirked, and raised a wall of sand in front of him. The sand, however, split into two, going around the darkness barrier, and reformed again in time to pierce through Mikuo’s chest. Mikuo stepped back, wincing, as the sand fell to the ground, revealing a trickle of blood dripping from Mikuo’s cloak.

“Tch…so close to blocking it,” Mikuo muttered.

Takako had already charged forward, and swung his blade at Mikuo’s side. Mikuo caught the blade with a darkness-coated hand, and kicked at Takako’s face. Takako blocked the kick with his arm, causing it to go numb for a few seconds. He took the opening he had created, however, to ram his forehead onto Mikuo’s, causing Mikuo to stumble back, shaking. Takako shook his head to clear the mild pain from the clash, and stabbed at Mikuo’s stomach.

“You’re taking me for quite a fool, huh?” Mikuo asked, before clasping his hands together.

Darkness spikes rose out of the ground in front of Takako, but he continued with his stab. The spikes pierced Takako a bit, but he also managed to stab Mikuo in the stomach with about an inch of his sword.

“And you’re taking me quite lightly, aren’t you?” Takako asked, smirking.

Mikuo stepped back a bit, panting slightly.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh come on, I know you can do more. I mean, you’re fighting someone who can’t even see. Surely you’re better than THIS.”

Mikuo growled. “Oh, you want to see my best? Then lets have some fun!”

Darkness energy began seeping out from Mikuo, engulfing his body. He rose higher, as it did, until it started taking form. Limps sprouted from the mass of darkness, and intricate patterns were etched into its skin. When the mass of darkness had stopped growing, it was a giant gorilla made from darkness, with Mikuo inside its chest, his eyes glowing with an eerie darkness. He moved his arm down, and the darkness gorilla did the same. Takako gasped, jumping out of the way before the gorilla’s fist came crashing down onto the ground.

“Damn…what is that thing? I can hardly sense it…” Takako muttered.

Mikuo began laughing from inside. His laugh grew and grew, until it was hysterical. “Oh man, you’re too funny. Trust me, you DON’T want to see what I’m about to use to pound you. But…for your information, it’s a massive gorilla! How’s that sound, huh?”

Takako stood there for a second. “…A…gorilla?”

“Yes, something wrong?”

“…Nothing at all,” Takako said. “Except that you’re missing the barrels.”

“The-what?” Mikuo asked, before Takako jumped into the air and sliced on of the gorilla’s arms clean off. A gash appeared on Mikuo’s own arm, and he winced.

“Damn…how did you do that? I thought you couldn’t sense what it was.”

“Are you deaf in there?” Takako asked. “I said I couldn’t sense him WELL. You told me he was a giant gorilla, so I just jumped toward him with a slight sense of where he was, and hoped for the best.”

“Hoped for the…are you joking?”

Takako smirked. “Do I look like I’m joking?”

“You’ll look LIKE a joke, once I’m through with you.”

“…wait,” Takako said. “Did you REALLY just say that?”

“Yeah, why? Something wrong, huh?” Mikuo asked.

“Oh…not at all, except it’s the second cheesiest like I heard all day.”

“And what was the cheesiest?”

“Come on, “you don’t give up easily”? Could you have maybe said something NOT said a thousand times before?”

Mikuo slapped his palm to his forehead with a sigh. “I’ll never get you, you know?”

Takako smirked. “Good.”

He took the moment Mikuo’s sight was limited due to his palm on his forehead, and dashed forward. He then cut off the gorilla’s head, causing the darkness to collapse around Mikuo, as he fell down to the ground.

“Well that was easy. I should have aimed there from the beginning,” Takako said, scratching his head.

“It’s not over…” Mikuo muttered, smirking.

The darkness flowed around him once again. But this time, instead of arms there were giant wings, and instead of legs there were talons. The darkness had taken the shape of a giant eagle.

“Alright, you want something not cliché, huh?” Mikuo asked. “Then how about this!”

The eagle spread its wings, then, with a mighty flap, it send a gust of darkness towards Takako.

“Darkness is my b*tch!” he yelled, laughing.

Takako angled himself, and jumped at the eagle. Sand began swirling rapidly around him, forming a drill. It propulsion him faster and faster, and when the darkness gale had reached him, he simply pierced easy through it. Then, he pierced easily through the darkness hawk, and left a gaping hole in Mikuo’s stomach. The shockwave sent Mikuo flying back, and he landed outside the ring, wincing, and clasping the area around his stomach wound.

“Darkness is your b*tch?” Takako asked, smirking. “Well…sand is mine.”

[spoiler=Chapter 119]

Chapter 119 - An Eye and the Water

“Takako wins and advances to the next round,” Naruto announced.

Takako smiled, and walked down from the stage. As soon as he did, Kaori approached him.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Of course,” he said, scratching his head. “That wasn’t even that hard…I just wish I could see now. Being blind is annoying.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get your vision back in a few minutes,” Mikuo said, laughing, and clutching his stomach.

“You’re still conscious?” Takako asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m not as weak as you think, huh? Not like I let you win…but you can’t knock me out so easily.”

Takako smiled a bit. “I look forward to sparring with you sometime in the future. I won’t let you blind me next time.”

“Ooh, a very nice idea. I’d go over there and shake your hand to seal the deal…but I think I’ll go rest for a bit…”

Darkness surrounded Mikuo, and he was gone.

“Next up, will Mada- Matsuda and Shisuke step up the stage?” Naruto called.

Shisuke walked up the steps, and stopped when Madara was several yards from him.

“Madara…I suppose I have to beat you, for Keiko’s sake,” Shisuke muttered.

Madara smiled a bit. “Oh, how nice of yo-”

“But no. I’m doing this because you piss me off.”

Madara raised an eyebrow.

“You’re hogging too much attention. Who cares if you say you’re the strongest? I’ll beat you and show these bastards you’re not as strong as you think.”

“Oh, really?” Madara asked, chuckling a bit. “Alright…have at me.”

Naruto looked to Shisuke, then Madara. “Begin!”

As soon as he said it, Shisuke flipped open his book. Fire exploded outward, toward Madara. With a simple arm motion, the fire was blown away. Shisuke flipped some more pages, and a mix of water and fire shot into the air. It floated for a mere second, before raining down on Madara like tiny meteors. The meteors harmlessly passed through Madara, hitting the ground.

“Intangibility, eh?” Shisuke muttered. “Lucky for me.”

“What?” Madara muttered, a split second after making himself tangible again. Just then, the ground under him exploded.

Shisuke smirked. “The fire in that meteor shower works as a mini-mine, one could say. While the water makes you unable to move long enough for the explosion to hit you. Quite a useful combination, isn’t it?”

Just then, he noticed Madara in the air, after a jump.

“Tch…so he jumped a split second sooner…” Shisuke muttered.

Madara wove together several hand signs. Just then, he disappeared. Shisuke’s eyes widened, and he looked around to see where Madara could have gone. Just then, he received a kick on the back, sending him flying. He was about to fall off the arena, when Madara appeared in front of him, and elbowed him downwards. He crashed onto the ring, right on the edge.

“Ooh, what’s that? Did I have to save you from falling just now? That’s pretty pathetic, don’t you think?”

Shisuke clenched his teeth, and punched at Madara, who easily dodged it.

“Please,” Madara said. “Without that book, you’re nothing but a weak ninja.”

Madara dashed forward, and grabbed the book from Shisuke before he could react. Shisuke gasped, and turned toward Madara.

“Give me…that book.” he muttered.

Madara chuckled. “Try and take it from me.”

Shisuke closed his eyes, then let out a sigh. “I can’t believe I have to use this now…”

“What? Do you finally have a way to pose a challenge to me?” Madara asked, smirking.

Shisuke opened his right hand, and removed the glove from it. On the back of his hand there was a pentagram. He touched it with his left hand, both of his arms outstretched.

“Guardian Seal…release.” Shisuke muttered.

Blue energy began swirling around Shisuke, and his golden eyes had a captivating luster to them. All of a sudden, the book Madara was holding turned into multi-colored energy, and joined Shisuke’s blue energy, creating a rainbow-like aura around Shisuke.

“Did you know, Madara?” Shisuke asked. “I’m the most powerful of all the guardians!”

Madara raised an eyebrow, but in an instant, Shisuke dashed toward him. His speed was much faster than before. He swung at Madara, who stepped back to dodge. However, fire suddenly engulfed Shisuke’s fist, and it burned a bit of Madara’s shirt. Shisuke then kicked at him, and Madara raised his arm to block the kick. However, as soon as Madara’s arm touched Shisuke’s leg, it froze. Madara let it drop to his side, raising his other arm to chest level to prepare for any attacks.

“What the hell is it that you’re doing?”

“My book is a compilation of countless techniques of various elements. When I fuse with it…my power becomes all of the elements!”

Shisuke punched straight at Madara, who sidestepped. However, a gust of wind sliced from both sides of the punch, leaving some gashes on Madara’s shirt, and a cut or two on his face. Madara didn’t even flinch, and proceeded to knee Shisuke in the stomach. As his attack launched though, he felt a force making his leg unable to move. He noticed water surrounded his leg. He gasped, as Shisuke turned to him, and aimed a punch. Madara tried to move, but water had engulfed all of his limbs.

Shisuke chuckled once, before punching him straight in the gut. An explosion of fire, lighting, wind, water, and earth gathered around the impact spot, hitting the exact same spot on Madara’s stomach over fifty times per second. In one final outburst, all the gathered elements exploded toward Madara, sending him flying. He hit the ground with a thud.

Shisuke stood there, panting heavily. As the smoke began to clear, Shisuke’s eyes widened. Standing there, simply looking worn-out, was Madara. He was bleeding from his stomach somewhat, and his body was full of scratches. His shirt was also missing, torn to shreds by the attack. He walked slowly over to Shisuke.

“N-no! It can’t be! You couldn’t have…survived that…” he muttered, stepping back.

Madara moved closer, with small, slow steps.

“G-get away!” Shisuke said, stepping back even faster, despite the fact Madara was still going forward at a slow pace. “G-get away from me, you monster!”

Before he knew it, Shisuke had overstepped the boundary of the ring. He fell on his back, hardly flinching, but his eyes were still wide and his breathing was heavy.

“…Madara is the winner of the match.”

Madara smirked, despite his slight wincing. “So…you were saying something about beating me? And yet you run away, scared. How pathetic.”

Daisuke suddenly jolted a bit. He looked at Madara, then at his open palm. He felt a bit woozy. Crap…what’s going on…?

Yes' date=' but you come in much later. Like, ch...

10, or so. IDK, but later. 20, at most.

BTW, ch 3 is virtually finished, and will probably be up tommorow.

[/quote']

It's weird how writers can plan out a whole book without even writing it. xD

I enjoyed chapter 2. ^^

Yes, it is odd.

I actually have the rough draft of all that will happen in my head...

But...

First I need to write it down, and add stuff along the way XD

New chapter added.

[spoiler=Chapter 120]

Chapter 120 - Wins and Losses

Fuuta and Zeru stepped up to the ring, after their names were called. They stared at each other for a few moments.

Zeru smirked. “Never thought we’d be in a fight like this, Fuuta. It’s kind of nostalgic.”

“Nostalgic, huh? I suppose when we first joined the Kuchiku, we would spar a lot.”

“Yeah, and you won every time,” Zeru said. “But this time is different. I’ve grown a lot stronger!”

“Right, it is different,” Fuuta agreed, with a nod. “It’s different in that this isn’t a spar, it’s a real fight, for a real prize. So you can’t expect me to go easy.”

“Wouldn’t want you to. Show me all you’ve got, Fuuta.”

Fuuta nodded again.

Naruto looked at Fuuta, then at Zeru. “Ready? Fight!”

Zeru dashed forward, pressing his hands together in a hand sign.

“Reverse Clone Jutsu!” he yelled, and a shadowy force swirled together to form a perfect replica of Zeru, but made of darkness.

Both Zeru and his shadow clone dashed at Fuuta.

He’ll never know this shadow form is me, and the clone is the one who looks like me…that’ll give me an opening!

Just as both Zeru and his clone closed on Fuuta, Fuuta took out his rapier and stabbed shadow Zeru in the chest.

Just then, then seemingly real Zeru disappeared in a shadowy wisp, and the shadow around Zeru slid away, revealing the real Zeru. Zeru coughed up blood, his eyes wide.

“H-how did you know the other wasn’t the clone?” Zeru asked, his voice trembling.

“I don’t really know. It just came to me. I suppose it might have been luck? Regardless, you can’t fight after I stabbed your stomach, give up.”

Zeru grinned

“I told you, didn’t I? I got better since the last time we sparred.”

Zeru suddenly disappeared in a small cloud of darkness. Fuuta looked around, his eyebrow raised. Suddenly,

Fuuta sidestepped, as an invisible blast almost hit him straight on. With his quick dodge, it only managed to rip his cloak a bit. Fuuta looked behind him, to see Zeru standing there with his bow in hand, pointed at Fuuta.

“I still don’t know how you dodged that, or knew my clone was a fake. But I won’t lose so easily, Fuuta.” Zeru said, smirking. “Especially not now, that I got the hang of this bow.”

Zeru fired some more invisible blasts from the bow, but Fuuta managed to dodge them all with relative ease, as if he knew where they were going.

“You…alright, then I’ll just attack faster than you can escape them!”

A flurry of invisible blasts shot at Fuuta. He began spinning his rapier in a circular motion, forming a barrier. The invisible blasts clashed against the barrier, causing Fuuta to almost lose his grip. They struggled a bit, but Fuuta finally swiped upward, sending most of them flying sky high. Some of them, however, managed to get through, and pelted him in various places on his body, causing him to fly back. He caught himself before falling out of the stage.

“Not bad…I see these things have great power,” Fuuta said. “Let’s see if I can turn that to my advantage…”

Zeru aimed his bow again, and shot hundreds of invisible blasts at Fuuta. Fuuta simply stood there, and all the blasts hit his stomach. He flew back, and landed outside the ring. Zeru blinked.

“That was too easy…what the hell?” Zeru asked.

Fuuta got up, chuckling a bit. “I suppose I should have been more careful. I was expecting something to happen, but it didn’t. I guess this win is yours, Zeru.”

Zeru blinked again. “No way…this is…I was expecting a challenge!”

“Well I suppose you’ll have to get one in your next match,” Fuuta said, scratching his head.

“No…this is wrong! I…” Zeru muttered, before darkness surrounded his world. When it faded away again, he was looking at the sky. He looked to the side, and noticed there was grass around him. He sat up, but quickly fell back on his back.

“W-what happened?”

“You fell off the ring, Zeru,” Fuuta said, staring at him from the ring. “I guess I win again, eh?”

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

Chapter 4 - Visitor of the Star

A teenager' date=' who looked about sixteen, sat at a bench, polishing his sword. He wore a black ninja suit, with a long dark red scarf wrapped around his neck, covering his mouth. He sighed and picked up a sheath, then slid the sword into the sheath.

He put the sheath beside him and stood up, stretching. The wind blew strands of his dark yellow hair onto his face. He looked up and the sky, looked back down and picked up his sword, strapping it to his waist.

He nodded and sped out of the village, which was full of light brown building that looked to be made of sand, as if the wind could simply come and blow them away. After walking through the desert after some time, he stopped and looked at a cactus.

He gently brushed one of the spikes with his finger, and the top of the cactus fell back, held to the body of the cactus only by a small strip. There was a string popping out of the severed cactus. He pulled on it, and after a moment, sand began shifting near the cactus, and a trap door swung open. He walked down the stairs that led up toward the desert.

“Ah, I’m here at last. Man, the last mission was such a bore,” he said, sitting down on a chair.

“So, you’re finally here.” said a kid who stood a few feet behind the chair.

The teenager jumped out of the chair and looked at the stranger, startled. He looked to be about thirteen, and wore a long black cloak with a blue diamond pattern scattered throughout it. [b']The kid’s [/b]

“Who are you, and how did you know about this place?” the teenager asked.

“Calm down, my name’s Duran Zeru. You can just call me Zeru. I already know your name, Takako Makeru. I found out about this place because I’ve been watching you for quite a while.”

“Okay, now tell me why you’ve been stalking me before I make you tell me,” Takako said.

“It was on a certain person’s orders. Anyway, now that you and I have met, I have to ask you to fight me.”

“So you think I’m going to fight you just because you want to? You’re out of your mind, kid,” Takako said, turning his back on Zeru.

Takako’s eyes widened. He was in a room that was completely black. No, it wasn’t a room. It was simply, a place. He looked around and saw nothing but blackness.

“Interesting, isn’t it?” Zeru’s voice said.

“Where am I?” Takako asked.

“This is a world of darkness, where I control what you see, what you feel, what you smell, and even what you taste,” said Zeru. “Don’t bother trying to fight it, it’s not genjutsu. Well, how can you fight while relying on nothing?”

Look at the bold. ;D

Archived