Menes. Menes? Meneses sounds better, but whatever.

Deustodo

And before you posting about Fake-Types, I wanted to try something new, and I'm no noob that create bland Fake Type.

Anyway... presenting, Menes-Type monsters.

And no, they aren't all Spirit's Anti-Support.

[spoiler=Monsters]

[align=center]

363746m.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card gains 150 ATK for each Spirit Monster on the field. When this card destroy a monster by battle, the destroyed monster is removed from play.

363746v.jpg

This card cannot be Set. Spirit Monsters cannot declare an attack.

363746s.jpg

This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type monster. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When Special Summoned, increase the ATK of all Menes-Type monsters on the field by 750.

363746z.jpg

This card is also treated as a Machine-Type monster. Spell Cards cannot be activated.

363746.jpg

363746.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Summoned, toss a coin and call it, if you call it right, add 1 Level 5 or 6 Menes-Type monster in your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

363746q.jpg

363746d.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 Menes-Type monsters you control (This card cannot be Set). Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's field cannot be activated.

[/align]

[spoiler=Spell & Traps]

[align=center]363746l.jpg

Activate only when a Warrior, Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monster destroy a Menes-Type monster you control. All non-Menes-Type monsters on the field are treated as Spirit Monsters.

363746t.jpg

Equip only to a Menes-Type you control. Decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent control by 500, in addition, during each of your Battle Phase, you can only attack with the monster equipped with this card.

363746u.jpg

Equip only to a Menes-Type monster you control. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, select 1 monster on the field, the selected monster lose 400 ATK and DEF (You cannot select the same monster in a roll).[/align]

I guess thats why there aren't that many custom types out there: They're just awkward. Types really don't have anything linking them, except maybe something similar in the pictures (pyros have fire, spellcasters have magicy stuff), and the majority of the type have something in common, effect-wise, but majority means you have to have a BUNCH of cards, which would take FOREVER.

Menes? Is that supposed to have a meaning?

I don't quite like these cards because at least most of them could have other types.

RmR-2 could be a Machine, Wolcon a Beast-Warrior, and so on.

There's really no need for new types because about everything can be represented by existing ones. On the other hand I thought the same before the invention of Psychics, Psychos, Psychicks, whatever.

I admit that I cannot judge these properly without knowing what Menes means, but for now I think Menes would better be an archtype than a type.

Menes by itself doesn't mean nothing, but Meneses is the Archetype, not the Type, And Menes are usually the combination of Warriors with something else, like beasts and stuff, but adding a little or big mutation, like the two Spell Cards with the Goat head.

Menes by itself doesn't mean nothing' date=' but Meneses is the Archetype, not the Type, And Menes are usually the combination of Warriors with something else, like beasts and stuff, but adding a little or big mutation, like the two Spell Cards with the Goat head.

[/quote']

Ah, ok, that makes a bit more sense. In that case I'd rather make them Mutant-Type or something like that. But those are your cards, not mine, so have fun with your Meneses.8)

Archived