First thread: Infernity and using my new template

Shinobi Phoenix

I was told it was ok this way, so I'll test the waters and post a few, mostly to see how my new template file is holding up.

Disclaimer (Three Personal Rules):

- I play and follow Japanese OCG just as much as International TCG and thus use OCG terms more (IE: Magic Card, Demon, Angel, Release, Advance Summon, Main-Type, Sub-Type, etc). All my work has OCG terms in my private files and will not be changed (that's adding unnecessary work). If that bothers you that much, simply ignore it or don't comment. There's no need to get political, IE: (OCG vs TCG). It's not important, the cards aren't real for anyone and the card details and effects are far more important with that in mind than the terms used.

- My work follows a strict format when written for cleanliness and organization (especially when cataloging my work). This system has been in place since 2007. This includes names being in quotation marks ("Dark Paladin") but archetypes being written in brackets ( "[black Feather] monsters") and will be not changed when written out on post when no one would appreciate that anyway and its twice the work to go around changing it to a style I don't use in my own work. No one is changing their formatting for me, and I won't be changing for them. Again, not something that needs to be argued or complained about. It's just a technical matter that doesn't change the card.

- Please feel free to ask questions regarding mechanics I wrote in that haven't been used in the real game (yet), my intent or the direction I'm going. I will be happy to explain or justify anything if asked. I put my work through a lot of scrutiny and mock playthroughs with friends online and off.

Infernity (pre and post The Shining Darkness)

-- No current limit, current number: 15

I will only post a few as I only have 5 proxied right now until I find/decide art for the others and none of the Magic/Traps are have art yet so those won't be posted for a while. Only posting 3 for now. Will try to stick to 3s.

To be honest, I'm not looking for OCG Fixes or anything like that for obvious reason (I have complete and utter confidence in that and I run any questions I might have through my various judge friends anyway who also share this hobby). I guess I'm more testing the template on forum and getting some opinions on cards from people who aren't already my friends or judges. Playability, balance, theme adherence, whatever opinion you might come up with. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about a mechanic I'm going with or any intentions I'm doing and will be happy to explain or maybe I screwed up on something in the proxy form and we can all learn something.

AICD-INF01

Infernity Magus

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF01-InfernityMagus.jpg

EFFECT: You cannot draw any card(s) during your Draw Phases. Once per turn during either player's turn, you may discard 1 card from your hand to remove from play 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard. As long as you have 0 cards in your hand, you may remove from play an [infernity] card from your Graveyard to discard 1 card from your opponent's hand.

AICD-INF05

Infernity Psion

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF05-InfernityPsion.jpg

EFFECT: If you have 1 or more cards in your hand, this face-up card is not treated as a Tuner. If you have 0 cards in your hand, you may pay 1000 Life Points and release 1 other monster you control to Special Summon 1 [infernity] monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you may select 1 [infernity] monster and 1 other monster on the field. The [infernity] monster gains 500 ATK and the other monster loses 500 ATK.

AICD-INF06

Infernity Gatekeeper

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF06-InfernityGatekeeper.jpg

EFFECT: During your Main Phase, if this card is in your hand or Graveyard and you have at least 1 other card in your hand, you may remove from play your entire hand and this card. If you did, Special Summon this removed from play card during your End Phase and return all other cards removed by this card's effect to your hand. While you have 0 cards in your hand, this card cannot be destroyed in battle. Whenever this card battles a monster, discard 1 card from your hand.

AICD-INF07

Infernity Powerhouse

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF07-InfernityPowerhouse.jpg

EFFECT: Only [infernity] monsters may be released for the Advance Summon of this monster. You may Special Summon this card from your hand by discarding 2 other cards from your hand. While you have 0 cards in your hand, this card may be used for a Synchro Summon regardless of its Level. In this case, you lose 500 Life Points for each Level that the combined Synchro Material Monsters' Levels exceed the summoned Synchro Monster.

AICD-INF08

Infernity Templar

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF08-InfernityTemplar.jpg

EFFECT: If you have two or less cards in your hand other than this card, you may Normal Summon or Set this card by releasing 1 [infernity] monster, this is treated as an extra Normal Summon. This card gains 200 ATK for each [infernity] monster in both player's Graveyards. While you have 0 cards in your hand, this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage.

AICD-INF10

Infernity Black Falcon

[spoiler=Click Here]

AICD-INF10-InfernityBlackFalcon.jpg

[1 Tuner] + [1 or more non-Tuner monster(s)]

EFFECT: If the Tuner for the Synchro Summon of this monster is not an [infernity] monster, the non-Tuner monsters must be [infernity] monsters. If an opponent's card effect would affect an [infernity] monster on the field, you may remove from play an [infernity] card from your hand or Graveyard to negate that card's activation and/or effect and destroy that card. If you have 0 cards in your hand, this card may attack directly.

I'm sorry' date=' but these just do NOT look authentic at all.

By the way, it's "This card inflicts Piercing damage".

[/quote']

I beg to differ, but we're also not trying to invite a lawsuit. I made the text thicker for visibility, because in print it gets thin anyway. Printed in color it looks very similar, especially to the older cards that did in fact use thicker font type. Still, that's not exactly what I posted it for. You didn't put anything helpful at all.

OCG text (and translation sites) usually clarifies it as Piercing Battle Damage (or does to avoid having to put that long winded outdated text) and it's extremely irrelevant. You clearly understood it, but you chose to only comment on that since and anything else.

I prefer it that way also because some of my cards deal "reverse piercing battle damage" (with the mechanic explained in text). Usually it something I put on wall monster. In other words, attacking them will always inflict piercing damage to the controller.

Weren't you just in the thread about loopholes, but you just did exactly what they don't want.

what's with the big cards this time?

0 cards in your hand should be no cards in your hand

change may to can

for Infernity Templar, "you may Normal Summon or Set this card by releasing 1 [infernity] monster" <----you need to say WHERE you're releasing that monster from

for Gatekeeper, "Whenever this card battles a monster, discard 1 card from your hand." <---you should add here if you can't discard, then Gatekeeper gets destroyed

8/10

• 5 months later...

what's with the big cards this time?

0 cards in your hand should be no cards in your hand

change may to can

for Infernity Templar, "you may Normal Summon or Set this card by releasing 1 [infernity] monster" <----you need to say WHERE you're releasing that monster from

for Gatekeeper, "Whenever this card battles a monster, discard 1 card from your hand." <---you should add here if you can't discard, then Gatekeeper gets destroyed

8/10

As an OCG player (and it's not like it's misunderstood or different), most translators (at least the ones I personally deal with as I am friends with Shriek), prefer 0 cards in hand and I made these many of these before Infernity were in English. I never bothered with the Mechanical Hound text because it grew inconsistent with the rest of the card following and all of my OCG associates agreed. Yes, I could go through and change every one of my cards with that text to the TCG version but I honestly choose not to, I'm not going to lie about that. Plus once I make the proxy, it's final text.

Infernity Beast OCG

As far as where you release, no, my friend, you do not have to state where you can release the monster unless it's a place other than only your side of the field (also said as "monster(s) under your control"). It's basically idiot text to say that you have to control it because it's common sense unspoken to do otherwise. So unless I mean "on the field" or "my opponent's side of the field" or other variants on those texts (which I do use very regularly for all my Lava Golem-ish cards or this is for Rituals, being unspecific means your side of the field only. Similar to cards that only say "You may Special Summon this card..." followed by the instructions of how because you know it is only from hand unless they specifically state hand and/or other places you can Special Summon a card from.

If you want a recent example:

YGO Wikia - Worm King

As far as the (I assume) suggestion to give Gatekeeper a self-destruction effect: Sorry, definitely not, what would be the point? A: Again, if I make the proxy, it's usually final text. Rarely will I go back and change it again. And B: Mechanically, my group agreed it was enough. Except for the ""overcomplicated for the benefit of Infernity"-Special Summon effect, it's just a wall (which the game has plenty of) and the "negative" effect only benefits Infernity, Dark World and DRG (Fabled). Any other deck would see it as a negative and any intelligent opponent will see the card and simply not attack it once they know what it is (so then you only get the benefit if you attack with it... a 0 ATK monster). There's plenty of walls in this game. Besides, if it only becomes a wall when you have 0 cards in hand, wouldn't the self-destruction be counter to the condition of the wall-effect?

I hope I've fully answered your 3 issues respectively and completely.

BTW-- On the subject of "respect" and near harassment: About the piercing damage crack from the rather "uncouth other fellow," it goes both ways. This might be why "Piercing damage" has only one instance (I could have sworn it was two and the other is an E*Hero, but I guess not or I can't find which print it was). "Piercing Battle Damage" was in use in TCG RULINGS long before that ONE PRINT on Cyberdark Horn (for example, it's on Ancient Lamp's rulings). I've been doing this since GX and maybe it's my fault i don't often change from text I start using unless I need to or I just hate the original. Surely, we can agree that all 3 version (full long text, piercing damage and piercing Battle Damage) are all correct and not pretend like we're one-upping each other like children, mmm?

Also: http://www.inmint.com/dr1-dr044.html

dr1-dr044.jpg

I still have that Tip card for that matter.

You can hardly call the cards used with the YCM system as "realistic" looking in the first place and as long as someone isn't stupid enough to add the things that would go into "realistic" to the point of copyright, we're all safe... until we're not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, on topic of the actual thread, I am posting up 3 other monsters in the edited first post:

Infernity Magus

Infernity Psion

Infernity Black Falcon

Mixed in to be in order of creation and numbers.

Sorry for the delay, it took me a while to get back to proxy creation and longer to go back to making the ones for Infernity.

Archived