Question about special summoning monsters with a card.

I was just wondering about this for a while, let's say that you use a spell or trap card to special a monster from your graveyard or form your fusion/extra deck and that spell or trap card says if this card is removed from play or destroyed that monster is also destroyed. What if that monster was facedown due to a card effect would that monster be destroyed?

It really depends on what the cards say. I don't think there's any revival cards out that would destroy a face down monster if they're destroyed but I know call of the haunted is no longer connected to the monster if its flipped so call has no effect on it when destroyed.

Flipping a monster facedown usually resets the condition. A monster summoned with Call will remain, and Call will stay on the field uselessly, no longer connected to the monster. However, Nightmare Wheel, while not a summoning card, will stay attached to a flipped-facedown monster because it can affect facedown monsters. Premature Burial, prior to banning (and any equip for that matter) will be destroyed, but as the monster was flipped facedown, the condition of being attached to the card's condition (destroy if this is destroyed) is removed.

This is also used to get back effect use if they were negated by something or limited to once per turn. Flip it facedown with Book of Moon and (if you can legally do so) Flip Summon and get the effect back/again.

Archived