JayJack's Simple Tutorial on how to make GOLD RARE cards using MS PAINT

Gold rare (aka Gold Ultra rare) has gold lettering a gold image border, lore text border, and card border. This is a simple guide to show you how to make gold rare image.

Update Log

July 07 2010 - Changed the Gold Ultra Rare Border Image to make it more realistic.

July 07 2010 - Added 2 new Borders to Multi Color Borders.

+Rep me if you like my guide!

[spoiler=Steps (REALLY SIMPLE)]

Step 0. Make a card. If you want full Gold Rare, make sure the card is Ultra Rare using YCM Rarity editor.

Step 1. Open up MS paint (Best using MS Paint Version 5.1, the Windows XP one)

Step 2. Copy your card that you made (This will work for any card made in YCM). To copy, right click on the card image and click "Copy image".

Step 3. Go to MS paint and Paste the card. To Paste, you can simply press ctrl+v or right click + paste. Make sure the image size is 333x493 (pixels)

Step 4. Copy the below image.

goldrare.png

Step 5. Go back to MS Paint. Go to Image tab and make sure "Draw Opaque" is unchecked. If checked, simply uncheck it by clicking on it. Now, paste the image (above) onto MS Paint. It should paste into it nicely and make the borders golden.

Step 6. You're done! Just go save the image (for best results, save as PNG) and you can upload it and paste onto your thread/whatever! (To Upload, go to an upload site like http://tinypic.com/ )

Thanks for listening!

[spoiler=Examples (these are old):]

Spell / Trap

209jz47.jpgyo2l1.jpg

Normal Monster / Effect Monster

2ziarrq.jpg5kq8om.jpg

Fusion Monster / Synchro Monster

30bcw9l.jpg95r482.jpg

Ritual Monster / Token

2i1pjpv.jpg25f53yw.jpg

[spoiler=Notes and rules]

1. I do NOT require credit. It would be nice, but I won't go yelling at you if you don't give me credit.

2. I allow anyone to use this Tutorial, including shops. If a shop wants to use the Tutorial in any way, they can (Including sell borders for someone who asks, though I don't recommend it.). I don't require credit for this either.

3. This is public, and you I encourage you to spread the message. If someone asks who did the border, don't lie, direct them to this Tutorial.

4. You may edit the border in any way. You can use the border in anyway. The Tutorial is property of everyone. I do not own it, I just made it.

[spoiler=Other Customization Options! New Colors/Patterns for border!]

How to use: Just follow the simple steps listed above but you can use these borders instead of the gold rare one

Rules: If you want to use these instead of the original Gold Rare border, it's up to you. Same rules apply.

Note: Borders will have Golden Sticker attached to them instead of custom sticker. This is for a prettier image and because the sticker on most of these borders will look weird.

[spoiler=Single Color Borders]

[spoiler= Darker Colors]

207wz02.jpg23w769k.jpg302maop.jpg5jz9qw.jpg29zdhqq.jpg2123p1.jpgfnbm0n.jpg

[spoiler=Regular Colors]

Gold 2

286x3yv.jpg

Red

15nu2z8.jpg

Pink

6ftn5w.jpg

Violet Purple

jkf1c1.jpg

Dark Blue

whe91i.jpg

Light Blue

1fbu5c.jpg

Teal

t5hyit.jpg

Green

ajryaq.jpg

Yellow Green

30w3zwh.jpg

Yellow

2ccxx7c.jpg

Orange

esj14n.jpg

Brown

25p75ft.jpg

[spoiler=Card Colors]

(Normal Monster) Yellow

245dc74.jpg

(Effect Monster) Orange

2eknkmh.jpg

(Fusion Monster) Purple

t0nlvb.jpg

(Ritual Monster) Blue

2z5olms.jpg

(Spell) Green

2j2gv7k.jpg

(Trap) Violet

21ls8k4.jpg

[spoiler=Multi Color Borders (More to come)]

Rainbow

x4pyy1.jpg

Watermelon

2pz9zro.jpg

Royal Purple

977l07.jpg

Cute Pink

2q0q1rt.jpg

Golden Stream

goldenstream.png

Fire Stream

firestream.png

That's a really lazy way to do it' date=' and I recommend using paint.net or Gimp for more customization.

[/quote']

Well it's suppose to be simple so that even an idiot can do it. MS Paint is the only program that every computer is guaranteed to have. So EVERYONE can do this!

N9ce' date=' I'm guessing you rendered this yourself of an exesting card on Yugioh wikia. I did that too xD

[/quote']

No actually I made myself =3

To match perfectly, I just photoshopped the borders of a YCM card and made them golden. Very simple, I can do any (And I mean any) color for you guys ^^

Dun forget to rep the author for his (not so) hard work. =O

I actually like that glow effect.

So how about you guys shut the f*** up and thank him?

Why should we shut the f*** up and thank him after you post a comment like that? I just feel you should properly thank him before you just yell at us for not thanking him when you haven't properly thanked him yourself.

Now that that is out of the way I'll say that well I like the tutorial it is easy and nice I have tried the template on GIMP and on Paint and it works well on both programs so thats good. I also compared the border to the gold rare border I currently use and the border the TCG uses and this border is very realistic.

Based on those points I'll rate the tutorial 9.9/10.

Personally I think it would look better if the card border was the same colour as the image border.

So I don't get chewed at by chaster I'll add in a Thank you for your effort put into making the tutorial.

Why should we shut the f*** up and thank him after you post a comment like that? I just feel you should properly thank him before you just yell at us for not thanking him when you haven't properly thanked him yourself.

Now that that is out of the way I'll say that well I like the tutorial it is easy and nice I have tried the template on GIMP and on Paint and it works well on both programs so thats good. I also compared the border to the gold rare border I currently use and the border the TCG uses and this border is very realistic.

Based on those points I'll rate the tutorial 9.9/10.

Personally I think it would look better if the card border was the same colour as the image border.

So I don't get chewed at by chaster I'll add in a Thank you for your effort put into making the tutorial.

you are very welcome =q

• 1 month later...

when you type a comment in, make sure it make sense.

i actually did by telling n00bs like you to shut the funk up and thank him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived