Award Idea

With reps starting to mean less and less, I think there should be a new way to telling how good (or bad) of a member someone really is (I'm not suggesting dumping the rep system but just adding another) my idea is that maybe there could be certain awards members could get that you could see on their profile, example: say someone has been very active posting a lot (Not SPAM) for the day, well they could get the daily most active user award. Granted stuff like this would be hard to check for the mods to distinguish Spam from Legitimate posts but you could tell a lot about a member by what awards they've won.

Award Examples

Most Active: Most posts of the Day (Spam not included)

Best Realistic Card of the Week: Best Card made in realistic section

Best Pop Culture Card of the Week: Best Card made in pop culture.

Best Any Other Card of the the Week: Best Card in any other cards.

Best Card of the Week: Best Card out of the Sections

Most Helpful member of the Month: Assisted new members a lot.

Bad Award Examples

1.Worst Spammer: Worst Spammer of the Day

2.Worst Wrong Section Post: Made a lot of or really bad wrong section posts (New Member exempt till significantly warned).

3.Most Rude Person of the Week: Member made a lot of rude or putting down other users posts.

4. Multiposter of the Week: Made most Double, Triple, etc posts this month.

I know this would take a lot of work from the mods to find all these and maybe the other members could vote for someone to get this award, I don't know though just an idea, let me know what you think.

With reps starting to mean less and less' date=' I think there should be a new way to telling how good (or bad) of a member someone really is (I'm not suggesting dumping the rep system but just adding another) my idea is that maybe there could be certain awards members could get that you could see on their profile, example: say someone has been very active posting a lot (Not SPAM) for the day, well they could get the daily most active user award. Granted stuff like this would be hard to check for the mods to distinguish Spam from Legitimate posts but you could tell a lot about a member by what awards they've won.

Award Examples

Most Active: Most posts of the Day (Spam not included)

Best Realistic Card of the Week: Best Card made in realistic section

Best Pop Culture Card of the Week: Best Card made in pop culture.

Best Any Other Card of the the Week: Best Card in any other cards.

Best Card of the Week: Best Card out of the Sections

Most Helpful member of the Month: Assisted new members a lot.

Bad Award Examples

1.Worst Spammer: Worst Spammer of the Day

2.Worst Wrong Section Post: Made a lot of or really bad wrong section posts (New Member exempt till significantly warned).

3.Most Rude Person of the Week: Member made a lot of rude or putting down other users posts.

4. Multiposter of the Week: Made most Double, Triple, etc posts this month.

I know this would take a lot of work from the mods to find all these and maybe the other members could vote for someone to get this award, I don't know though just an idea, let me know what you think.

[/quote']

Erm... I think doing this everyday would become quite tedious. Otherwise, it may surprise you that we've been running a monthly awards since September: The YCM Awards

Yes, you have my permission to make your own awards ceremony, but it will receive absouluetly no support from myself and I wouldn't expect you would get anything from the other mods, super mods or YCMaker either.

Good luck. LOCKED.

Archived