YVD?

Really? I didn't know you could upload created cards?

I just use BYOND Duel Monsters Advanced. I tried to download YVD but I was missing something, or I had to download a more recent version of a program or something like that.

BYOND > YVD.

BYOND has all the English cards (like YVD), English promos, Japanese cards, Japanese promos, and the best part: 95% of the anime cards in the game. There are also some more cards that have been created by people on the forum. In conclusion:

Duel Monsters Advanced > Yugioh Virtual Desktop.

Although not an ideal program (many people have problems and issues with it) personally I like the fact that it is surprisingly easily to upload your own created card into the program' date=' and duel online with them. that the only reason why I use YVD at all.[/quote']Tell me how.

Well, first of all, I should tell you that there is a tutorial on how to code your cards, but the basic rule is this:

|Monster Name|Set Number (###)|Set Name (???)|Type/anything else/Effect|Attribute||ATK|DEF|Description|0|

|Spell Name|Set Number (###)|Set Name (???)|Spell Card|Spell||Icon (or leave without space)|||Description|0|

|Trap Name|Set Number (###)|Set Name (???)|Trap Card|Trap||Icon (or leave without space)|||Description|0|

Note that the set number is a three digit number, and so is the set name, meaning that your set must be abbrivated. For example:

Weather Warrior Expansion = WWE

Planetary Protectors = PPR

The Future Is Wild = FIW

Spell Card|Spell and Trap Card|Trap MUST be part of the coding, or it will be errored.

After you have coded it, it only a matter of going through the backdoor of YVD, to the .set file of all the cards int eh system, and then copy/paste your coded set at the bottom. If its coded correctly, then after you save it, you can open up YVD and find your deck using the Set Name Search (hence the reason for the three letter abbriviation)

I have been able to insert my first two sets, and a set of one of my friends.

BYOND > YVD.

BYOND has all the English cards (like YVD)' date=' English promos, Japanese cards, Japanese promos, and the best part: 95% of the anime cards in the game. There are also some more cards that have been created by people on the forum. In conclusion:

Duel Monsters Advanced > Yugioh Virtual Desktop.[/quote']

I disagree. DMA is full of n00bs and egotistic people, aswell as manga, anime and translated Japanese cards. The UK/USA+JAPAN metas are EXTREMELY different, and with the other cards thrown in, it just gets messy.

The deckbuilding system on YVD is delicious.

IF you got 2 hours use DMA to make a deck. Even though it'll probably be some sort of mixed up junk.

All the good players haven't even heard of BYOND, but I'll duel anyone on either, as long as they stick to the USA/UK META and Advanced Format.

DMA is too GX and stinks. It's quite badly coded and could be done a lot better, like DMO.

YVD is professional, easy to use, and easy to make decks with, unlike DMA.

So yeah, lol.

Dir en Grey and +D'espairs Ray+ >Real Life Yugimanz>YVD>DMO>DMA>Forum Dueling>Ball in a Cup Game>Hunting for Dinosaur meat>Dying>Being shot in eye =/

Sartorius, we're basically arguing the same thing from different points of view.

You say it doesn't really conform to the current meta. I like that. I hate meta. I'm a fun duelist. If I want competitive play, as you pointed out with your handy little flowchart, I'll play in real life, k thx.

You say DMA is full of n00bs. EVERYWHERE on the internet (this isn't excluding YVD or even here) you will get spammers, trolls, flamers, the like, because they think its' cool to *@*% people off over this internet. YVD treats newbies (not n00bs, as in losers, newbies, as in new players) with contempt. Or at least that's the impression I got.

Making a deck in DMA does not take 2 hours, UNLESS you're cruising through themed cards, like E-Heroes, D-Heroes, ummm... Gem Beasts (not this Crystal Beast stuff), simply because combined the english with japanese and you have more cards, that simple.

In response to formats, it does comply to Advanced Format. Go to DMEv if you want traditional (I personally hate traditional format).

I agree, YVD is a more polished, professional... well, experience. But I just don't like the competitive atmosphere. Its' not like you can run "fun" decks there, which is why I go to DMA, where 98% of people do not run CC. (You see smatterings of Demise OTK. Other than that, basically fun decks all the way).

My only real gripe with YVD is the fact that I have to let down my firewall to play it. My parents are the kind of people who are deathly afraid of getting viruses, so I'm kinda uneasy about it (our last computer got killed by a virus), and, like Shaco, has some problems installing it.

So, basically me and Sartorius say the same thing. Its' really just a matter of taste. If you want polished duelling, which is, I have to say, highly realistic and easy to use, take YVD. If you can't get that to work, want to try something fun, have no idea how to work YVD's firewall thingy, or just wanna use anime cards, go to DMA, Duel Monsters Advanced.

Sure, you can try DMO, but personally I prefer YVD to Duel Monsters Online. DMO's the same thing as YVD with less cards and a worse appearance and less easy to work.

My way:

DMA >= YVD >>> DMO.

Personally i havnt tried this other program, but i find YVD easy to use and configure ( partly why i built a tutorial on it) to put your own cards in, and for a noob in dueling like me, its good, because i just type in some stuff and add them in.

Ill try the other one sometime.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived