Please lock

This is very simple. First, open your pic. If the background you want to erase is one solid color, then just click on "select by color," it's in the toolbox, and click on the color. This will not work if the color of the background is in part of your pic. In this case, use the fill effect, it's in the toolbox, and change it to a different color that's not in the pic. Back to the tutorial. If the background is not one solid color and has multiple colors, then click on the free select, it's in the toolbox, and start trasing the pic. (When I say pic, I mean the character / place / etc... Whatever you want to stay in the pic when you're done rendering.) When you're done tracing the pic, hold ctrl and press I. Now, right click, and go to layer>transparency>add alpha channel. Now, use the eraser tool and erase everything it will let you. It's quicker to make the eraser bigger by using the little scale bar after you click on the eraser. Now, save the new render as any name, but after you type the name, type .png this is very important and if you dont then in wont be an actual image. To turn it into a banner, go back to the first page you see when you open gimp. Right click and click "new." Set the size for as big as you want the banner to be. Open the render / place / etc with open as layers, not just open. You may have to use the scale tool to make it smaller. After everything is good, just move the character / place / etc wherever you want with the move tool.

Hope this helps. =D

Reps are greatly appriciated.

Not for me. Maybe it depends on what kind of computer you have. I have a toshiba, and it doesnt have a white background. Read the thing first, You dont just carefully erase them, you trace the character in the pic, and copy and paste it in a new gimp file.

maybe... Just a min.

Thats right, it doesnt let you turn a .png into a yugioh card on ycm.

Ps. The difference between the two is if you open a .jpg after you render it, it wont be rendered, instead it will just give it a white background. Therefor, You'd have to re-render it all over again if you want to put it on top of a background.

I know. I thought of that a few days ago when my bro was doing an advance holo in our shop. Sometimes copy and paste doesnt work as well as you'd think. For some reason, it made it lighter and shinier than it was supposed to be when he pasted it. So instead we used the invert selection and used paste into with the holo sheet. It depends on how the picture is set up. I think I'll completely change the ending.

I personally think its easier to save it as .jpg cuz then it's considered a .jpg image.

If you save it as .png' date=' then it wont let you upload it on photobucket or tinypic to get the image url.

[/quote']

photobucket does allow .png images...I think you might have done a .psd save instead. I've saved .png images to photobucket before so there should be no problem.

Edit:

This is very simple. First, open your pic. If the background you want to erase is one solid color, then just click on "select by color," it's in the toolbox, and click on the color. This will not work if the color of the background is in part of your pic. In this case, use the fill effect, it's in the toolbox, and change it to a different color that's not in the pic. Back to the tutorial. If the background is not one solid color and has multiple colors, then click on the free select, it's in the toolbox, and start trasing the pic. (When I say pic, I mean the character / place / etc... Whatever you want to stay in the pic when you're done rendering.) When you're done tracing the pic, hold ctrl and press I. Now, right click, and go to layer>transparency>add alpha channel. Now, use the eraser tool and erase everything it will let you. It's quicker to make the eraser bigger by using the little scale bar after you click on the eraser. Now, save the new render as any name, but after you type the name, type .png this is very important and if you dont then in wont be an actual image. To turn it into a banner, go back to the first page you see when you open gimp. Right click and click "new." Set the size for as big as you want the banner to be. Open the render / place / etc with open as layers, not just open. You may have to use the scale tool to make it smaller. After everything is good, just move the character / place / etc wherever you want with the move tool.

Hope this helps. =D

Reps are greatly appriciated.

Lol. K. Like I said, this is a basic tut. I'm not gonna go back and edit it a million times. If ppl dont like part of it, then they can find they're own way to do it. It's not like I want to have this tut be famous or anything like that.

BTW, could please take out the cuss word in your last post?

Archived