[Mothball] Fullmetal Alchemist Set (June 21st - Pride / Assault Mode Added)

Mothball

I really shouldn't, I have FAR too many sets going already...

Screw it, here goes.

Fullmetal Alchemist, is in my opinion, one of the best manga (And in the last year anime with Brotherhood) of recent time. Following the theme of Sacrifice and delving into the Human Condition, FMA is an anime that makes you think.

As such, figured I'd pump out a Quality Set, especially considering the Manga finally came to a close last Week with issue 108 and Brotherhood only having 3 more episodes to go.

Remember, only constructive comments are wanted. Crap like "Lolz this Suks" or "Gt da halz out Noob" are not wanted.

Note: Remade "Assault Mode Activate with nothing in mind more than a new picture, only because there's going to be a few "/ Assault Mode" monsters in this set, and I figured I'd re-pic it to help it fit in. So don't bother commenting on that

[align=center][spoiler=[color=#FF0000]Set Reprint[/color] PR001 Assault Mode Activate]

284058v.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Tribute 1 Synchro Monster. Special Summon 1 "/Assault Mode" monster whose name includes the Tributed monster's name from your Deck in Attack Position.

[spoiler=[color=#FF0000]Promo[/color] PR001 Father From the Flask - Advent]

284058i.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand, by Tributing 1 face-up "Father From the Flask" you control and removing from play 1 "Van Hohenheim", 1 "Edward Elric", 1 "Alphonse Elric", 1 "Izumi Curtis" and 1"Roy Mustang" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. When this card is successfully Summoned, destroy all monsters you control. Your opponent loses 200 Life Points x the number of destroyed monsters. Each time this card attacks it loses 500 ATK. You may discard any number of cards from your hand to increase this monster's ATK by 200x the number of discarded cards. You may reduce this cards ATK by 1000 to destroy 2 cards your opponent controls. When this card is destroyed, negate Battle Damage taken, and you take damage equal to half this cards ATK when it's destroyed.

[spoiler=EN001 Edward Elric]

284058wc.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]You may reduce this monster's DEF to 1200 to increase this monster's ATK to 2200. When this card destroys a monster, add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=[b]EN002 Alphonse Elric[/b]]

284058f.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]When this card is Summoned, Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Beast-Type monster from your hand or Deck. When this card destroys a monster, select 1 Trap Card from your Deck and add it to your hand.

[spoiler=EN003 Winry Rockbell]

284058.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]While this card remains face-up on the field, Machine-Type monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. When you Summon a Monster with "Elric" in their name, you gain 300 Life Points.

[spoiler=[b]EN004 Ling Yao[/b]]

284058ww.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]While this card remains on the field, monsters you control with "Lan Fan" or "Fu" in their names gain 200 ATK and DEF. If this monster is Equipped with "Philosopher's Stone" when "Assault Mode Activate" is activated, this card is treated as a Synchro monster and it's name is treated as "Greed"

[spoiler=EN005 Lan Fan]

284058xq.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Face-up "Ling Yao" monsters you control, cannot be targeted for battle. If this monster would be destroyed, reduce it's ATK by 500 and it is not.

[spoiler=[b]EN006 Fu[/b]]

284058e.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]"Ling Yao" monsters you control cannot be targeted by the effects of Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, your opponent cannot target any face-up "Lan Fan" cards you control for battle.

[spoiler=EN007 Greed]

284058t.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]While this monster is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle. While this card is in attack Position, this card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards. If this card would be destroyed, select 1 "Philosopher's Stone" from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=[b]EN008 Greed / Assault Mode[/b]]

284058ht.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can only be Summoned by the effect of Assault Mode Activate". While this card is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed. While this card is in Attack Position, it is not affected by the effect's of Trap Cards. If this card would be destroyed add 1 "Pjilosopher's Stone" from your Deck or Graveyard and add it to your hand.

[spoiler=EN009 Slave No.23]

284058d.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]A nameless slave of the Kingdom of Xerxes. Incredibly laid back, he dreams of a better life.

[spoiler=[b]EN010 Van Hohenheim[/b]]

284058.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]When this card destroys a monster, select 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Deck, and add it to your hand. If you control a face-up "Trisha Elric", this card gains 300 ATK and DEF. If you control a face-up "Edward Elric" or "Alphonse Elric", your opponent can only attack this card.

[spoiler=EN011 Trisha Elric]

284058l.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]All cards you control with "Elric" or "Van Hoenheim" in their names, except this card, cannot be destroyed by card effects.

[spoiler=[b]EN012 Pinako Rockbell[/b]]

284058jh.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Machine-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. Face-up "Winry Rockbell" "Edward Elric" and "Alphonse Elric" monsters you control cannot be destroyed.

[spoiler=[b]EN014 Roy Mustang[/b]]

284058v.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]When this card is Tribute Summoned, you may Special Summon 1 "Riza Hawkeye", "Jean Havoc", "Vato Falman", "Heyman Breda" or "Kain Furey" from your hand or Graveyard. When this card inflicts Battle Damage, your opponent discards 1 card from their hand.

[spoiler=[b]EN026 Pride / Assault Mode[/b]]

284058j.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can only be Summoned by the effect of "Assault Mode Activate". When this card is Summoned, destrpy 1 monster your opponent controls. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card deals damage with this effect, negate all damage dealt and inflict 700 damage to your opponent instead. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you may tribute 1 monster you control, and it is not. If you use this effect reduce this cards original ATK by 500.

[/align]

Edward Elric:

You can reduce this monster's DEF to 1200 to increase this monster's ATK to 2200. When this card destroys a monster, add 1 Spell Card to your hand.

He's nice, just where do you take the Spell Card from? I suggest the Deck.

Alphonse Elric:

This guy is pretty good. Kinda reminds me of my Animal Path Pain. :D

The OCG is clear, the pic is good.

I like them both. Nice job. I've never had the chance to watch that show (only the first episode ;-))

Keep on going with this set and I might start watching it! ^^

P.S.: The Assault Mode Activate card has a nice picture too.

P.P.S.: Don't you have too many sets already, man?! How are you gonna coordinate them?

Winry: with "Elric" in its name

Seems like she would great with the 2 brothers if they were machines (One of them seems like one and the other has a machine hand.) I suggest making them being treated as machines as well while face-up on the field

Lan Fan: Ling Yao's support and a self-protecting effect.

Pretty nice additions! ^^

Greed:

While this monster is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle. While this card is in Attack Position, this card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards. If this card would be destroyed, select 1 "Philosopher's Stone" from your Deck and add it to your hand.

Greed/AM:

This card can only be Summoned by the effect of "Assault Mode Activate". While this card is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed. While this card is in Attack Position, it is not affected by the effect's of Trap Cards. If this card would be destroyed, select 1 "Philosopher's Stone" from your Deck or Graveyard and add it to your hand.

Nice! These 2 are the best up until now! Balanced and still kickass! :D

Slave No.23: A stable vanilla :D

Van Hohenheim: When this card destroys a monster, select 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Deck, and add it to your hand. If you control a face-up "Trisha Elric", this card gains 300 ATK and DEF. If you control a face-up "Edward Elric" or "Alphonse Elric", your opponent can only attack this card.

Trisha Elric: Is this the Erlic brothers' mother? Sure looks like it :D And the effect is appropriate

Pinako Rockbell: Machine-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. Face-up "Winry Rockbell", "Edward Elric" and "Alphonse Elric" monsters you control cannot be destroyed.

Another card for monster protection. These cards just protect each other. Nice job! ^^

Roy Mustang: may=can (may is the old OCG, not really used anymore)

This guy seems kinda overpowered. He Summons another monster, he can discard a card from your opponent's hand and he has 2500 ATK for just 1 Tribute. I think you can do the math yourself. Idk, though, maybe it's just me.

Oh, well, the effect is really good! ^^

Offtopic: Can you check out The Six Paths thread and give me ideas on what other jutsu to make. Thank you! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Good pics, most effects are fairly balanced, and a few ocg errors, like spelling and such. You should use the corrections Pharaona made =O. btw, the lore on your assault monsters should begin with "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Assault Mode Activate"." The way you word it makes them unable to flip summon if they get booked of a moon or somethin. edward and roy seem op due to getting massive card advantage with high stats. other wise good stuff, 9/10

Archived