New Necron Card Challenge

rhstanley3

Hey. I'm very new to this forum, and looked around a bit and was very disappointed. However, let me be clear what it is I'm disappointed about: THE LACK OF GOOD NECRON CARDS!!! Most of them were done like the person making them didn't care. They just dropped in pictures with no background, and didn't bring out the soul of the necrons, if you will. I hope i can fix that. Now, i'm not one to talk about talking a piece of artwork and just pasting it into the card with no editing, as i've done that with more than half of the ones i've got. However, the difference is my images took sweat and blood to find, and they actually look interesting. However, others i did huge over-hauls on.

The Necrons, from the game Dawn of War is, in my opinion, the strongest, most complicated, and difficult-to-use race in the entire series. However, I love them with a passion. So, I have taken up the endeavor of attempting to make an entire deck using the basis of this army. A structure deck with a minimum of 40 different cards, repeats not counted. I've started, and I've currently finished 10 cards. The effects almost exactly match the effects of the units in the game, as I tried to make them as accurate as possible. Let me know how to improve and I will. Smile

[spoiler=Necron Cards: First Update]

NecronImmortal.jpg

When this card declares an attack, increase the attack of this card by 500. For every Necron Immortal on the field, increase this cards attack by 500.

NecronFlayedOne.jpg

As long as this card is face up on the field, decrease the ATK of all your opponents monsters by 500. If a Monolith is on the field, this card may be special summoned.

NecronDestroyer.jpg

This Necron Warrior is equipped with a specialized Gauss Cannon and is mounted on a skimmer body. Its weapon is able to cut through large squads of infantry in seconds.

NecronAwakening.jpg

Increase the ATK and DEF of all Necron monster by 300. Open an extra monster card zone and an extra spell/trap card zone on your side of the field only.

MassRessurection.jpg

When this card is activated, add an extra two monster card zones. Then, you may special summon as many monster cards with "Necron" in their name to the field from the graveyard. When this card is destroyed, destroy the two extra card zones, and any monsters in them. Once per turn, after this card's initial activation, you may special summon an additional monster to the field from the graveyard.

GreaterSummoningCore.jpg

When this card is activated, add an extra two spell/trap card zones. Increase the ATK of all Necron monsters by 500. When this card is destroyed, close the two extra spell/trap card zones, and destroy any cards that may be in them.

EssenceoftheNightbringer.jpg

This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can be special summoned by tributing one Necron Lord. Remove the tributed monster from play. After three turns, remove this card from play and return the Necron Lord to the field. Six turns after removed from play, reshuffle this card into the deck. When this card is attacked, switch it to defense position. Damage calculations are applied normally. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster, inflict the difference as battle damage.

AwakenedMonolith.jpg

This card can be special summoned to the field by removing two Energy Fields from play. After this card attacks, it is switched into defensive position. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster, the difference is subtracted as battle damage. While this card is on the field, increase the Necron Lord's ATK by 1000. Only one Awakened Monolith may be on the field at one time.

NecronWarrior.jpg

The basic Necron unit, this machine-warrior is the backbone of the Necronian Empire.

NecronLord.jpg

When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage. For every face up Necron monster on the field, increase this cards attack by 100. When this card is selected as an attack target by an opponent's monster, this card is switched to Defense position.

The only ones that i've finished that have been edited are the Necron Lord, Necron Flayed One, the Necron Immortal, and the Greater Summoning Core. The one that I took the most time on was the Necron Lord. The Immortal and the Flayed one were both in black and white, and I painted the images. Also, the Greater Summoning Core was a screen-shot, and I wanted it to look more artistic so i fiddled with that as well

If anyone would like to see what the original forms of these edited versions looked like, i would be more than happy to post pictures. Anyways, tell me what you think Smile

-rhstanley3

[spoiler=Necron Cards: Third Update]

564427.jpg

When your opponent attacks with a monster with 1500 ATK or more, negate the ATK, and destroy the monster. Inflict half of the monster's original ATK as damage. Any effects the monster may have are negated. You then take 500 damage.

564427.jpg

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by the effect of "Lesser Necron Lord." As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all of your opponents attacks must be directed at this card.

564427.jpg

This card may attack twice during your Battle Phase. The damage calculation of the second attack does half of the normal damage.

564427.jpg

When this card is summoned, place one counter on this card. For every turn that this card remains on the field, place one counter on this card. This card can only have a maximum of 3 counters at one time. You can Tribute 2 counters to negate an attack.

*NOTE* The second update is missing, as it was accidentally deleted. I'll repost it soon

A lore? Please, do explain. :) I would like to get a lot better at this, so I would like any advice I can get. By lore, would you like me to post the effect of the card in text that is more legible than the text that exists on the card jpeg already? If that's what you're requesting, then I'll do so effective immediately. Also, which cards have I made OCG errors on, and where, so I can fix these ASAP.

A lore? Please' date=' do explain. :) I would like to get a lot better at this, so I would like any advice I can get. By lore, would you like me to post the effect of the card in text that is more legible than the text that exists on the card jpeg already? If that's what you're requesting, then I'll do so effective immediately. Also, which cards have I made OCG errors on, and where, so I can fix these ASAP.

[/quote']

Yes, A Lore is a description of the card, but in text so readers can see it better. From the following cards, the OCG errors are:

(NOTE: Always capitilize main words, like Deck, Field, Any type of monster, Special Summon, etc.)

card #1. NA (NO OCG ERROR)

card #2. "As long as this card is on the field" it should be "As long as this card REMAINS..." //// another is "if there is a monolith" it should be: " If you control 1 Monolith, this card can be Special Summoned from your hand to the field"

card #3. Vanilla Text ~ NA

Card #4. "...Necron monster by 300" / "...Necron monsters by 300"

Okay I'm not gonna say all, but with your Essence of the Nightbringer, you should say: "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set, This card cannot be Special Summoned except by...blah blah blah"

I hope that when you edit your cards, look at all just for basic OCG mistakes (misspelling, etc.)

yea, I'll make sure to do that. I'll start editing the cards once i finish some more artwork for other cards. I did try to make the OCG the best I could, but I was in kind of a hurry. I used to have an account here, and had made the cards that I had posted, but I hadn't made a post, as I was trying to post the entire deck completed. My account was deleted, so the effects were kinda rushed.

yea' date=' I'll make sure to do that. I'll start editing the cards once i finish some more artwork for other cards. I did try to make the OCG the best I could, but I was in kind of a hurry. I used to have an account here, and had made the cards that I had posted, but I hadn't made a post, as I was trying to post the entire deck completed. My account was deleted, so the effects were kinda rushed.

[/quote']

lol, oh that sux...

lol, ok, here are the lores. I'm also trying to make more of the cards my original works by changing the original pictures, or making the pictures from scratch on my own. Anyways, here are the lores for the cards. These are the unedited versions of the lores, and I'll correct the OCG later.

Necron Imortal

When this card declares an attack, increase the attack of this card by 500. For every Necron Immortal on the field, increase this cards attack by 500.

Necron Flayed One

As long as this card is face up on the field, decrease the ATK of all your opponents monsters by 500. If a Monolith is on the field, this card may be special summoned.

Necron Destroyer

This Necron Warrior is equipped with a specialized Gauss Cannon and is mounted on a skimmer body. Its weapon is able to cut through large squads of infantry in seconds. (NOT AN EFFECT)

Necron Awakening

Increase the ATK and DEF of all Necron monster by 300. Open an extra monster card zone and an extra spell/trap card zone on your side of the field only.

Mass Ressurection

When this card is activated, add an extra two monster card zones. Then, you may special summon as many monster cards with "Necron" in their name to the field from the graveyard. When this card is destroyed, destroy the two extra card zones, and any monsters in them. Once per turn, after this card's initial activation, you may special summon an additional monster to the field from the graveyard.

Greater Summoning Core

When this card is activated, add an extra two spell/trap card zones. Increase the ATK of all Necron monsters by 500. When this card is destroyed, close the two extra spell/trap card zones, and destroy any cards that may be in them.

Essence of the Nightbringer

This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can be special summoned by tributing one Necron Lord. Remove the tributed monster from play. After three turns, remove this card from play and return the Necron Lord to the field. Six turns after removed from play, reshuffle this card into the deck. When this card is attacked, switch it to defense position. Damage calculations are applied normally. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster, inflict the difference as battle damage.

Awakened Monolith

This card can be special summoned to the field by removing two Energy Fields from play. After this card attacks, it is switched into defensive position. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster, the difference is subtracted as battle damage. While this card is on the field, increase the Necron Lord's ATK by 1000. Only one Awakened Monolith may be on the field at one time.

Necron Warrior

The basic Necron unit, this machine-warrior is the backbone of the Necronian Empire. (NOT AN EFFECT)

Necron Lord

When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage. For every face up Necron monster on the field, increase this cards attack by 100. When this card is selected as an attack target by an opponent's monster, this card is switched to Defense position.

I'm almost finished with the next 5 cards, and I'll be more careful with the OCG on those as well.

@destinydramonX: lol, you have no idea how close I was to making them machine-type. But although the necrons are in mechanical bodies, they have souls and conciousness, as they used to be of flesh. at least, that's the story. also, unlike other "machines", the necrons are able to rebuild themselves if enough energy is present, and they also have flesh mixed in, and the metal is alive, and has it's own DNA. I didn't make that up, as that is part of their story in the WH40k verse. soooo.... machine really doesn't fit them :p

Anyways, i've finished 3 cards, and i'm working on the 4th. once i've finished the 5th card, i'll post those. anyways, now I put the lores under the cards on top.

BTW: How do you make one of those "Click to View" things so i can put lores/ other things in them in the future

Guest kristoferjm

Interesting cards. I like the pictures, most of the them are pretty good. The effects are also pretty varied, though some are almost boring. I don't really understand all this adding and removing zones. I know that's how things operate in Dawn of War, but it really doesn't make sense for Yugioh. Watch the OCG too. You seem to have most of it down, but there are a few grammar errors. Some things like "Special Summoned", need to be capitalized. I would have preferred that the cards were based off the Necrons from the actual Warhammer 40k game, instead of Dawn of War, but it's fine. Also, I would have made them either Machine type or you could have even gone with Zombie. I know neither of those fit the Necrons perfectly, but that's sort of the point. You need to try and fit cards into the official Yugioh types. Also remember, not all Machine types in the actual Yugioh are just normal machines. Look at the Genex cards or Jinzo for example. Fake types are a little weird, unless used in just the right way. I would switch them to Machine types. If you ever fix these issues I have, I'll happily come back and give your set a new rating. Otherwise, keep up the good work, this set could really be good.

Overall rating 6/10

-1 for effects that add/remove zones

-1 for fake types (Necron)

-1 for few OCG errors (Mostly grammar)

-1 for uninteresting effects on high-end cards (such as Monolith)

Yea, i've already heard from most of the people about the OCG mistakes, and also the fake-type. I am going to edit the effects of these cards, but right now, i'm more focused on making the actual cards and then i'll most likely go back in and fix the OCG's. I'm also trying to do more original artwork than there was in my first 10 cards. Here are the next 5, and all of them are original. Yes, i did use a picture as a base for some, but the ones with bases are very different than the original pieces. Anyways, the new ones are up top. All of them I made myself by doing some kind of editing or another.

thanks. I've began editing the cards I have, and I've also started on cards 21-25. Hopefully I'll have card # 20 up, and maybe I'll be able to edit Awakened Monolith, essence of the nightbringer, and necron awakening. Hopefully I'll have all of this up by noon

Archived