D - Shield

Destiny Signal

Destiny Signal

Mirror Force

Mirror Wall

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Now I'll tell you WHY each card fits in the deck:

Captain Tenacious - Umm... Just as in the anime, Captain Tenacious + D - Shield = pwnt. It allows you to ressurect monsters, and I've once gotten a pair of Tenacious out with Spirit Barrier once with the Dark Door (not this deck).

Dasher: Yeah. Food for D-Draw. Special Summon stuff. Is good. 2100 isn't doing much but it kills most throw-downs.

Defender: The stall of the deck. It does allow your opponent to draw once, but that combined with its' 2700 DEF means that your opponent probably won't want it to die anyway. And he draws Smashing away from the more important cards. He's the riot shield.

Doom Lord: Clears the field. Sure, you can't attack, but when you're both topdecking this is the kind of card you want when you're staring down, say, a Zaborg.

Double Dude: A trib for 1000/1000 might seem harsh, but he makes up for it by readily replacing himself. Also, when slashing directly, its' two attacks for a total of 2000. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Dreadmaster: the core of the deck.

Fear Monger: Special Summoning stuff = good. No limit to it either. You'll probably want Dasher or Double Dude back, since with Double Dude its' awesome... more tribute fodder.

Malicious: You should NEVER have to trib for this guy. RotA > Stratos > Malicious > D-Draw > two cards = a 1800 attack monster, a free Special Summon whenever you want, tribute fodder, and a break-even to the hand, plus an awesome deck-thinner.

Stratos: Umm... yeah. Read above. Gets Malicious for D-fuel. Gets Doom Lord to clear out some blockage. Gets Defender to put up a stall. Gets Dasher... you get the idea.

Mystic Tomato: This thing... rocks. Bar Dasher, EVERY SINGLE D-Hero is both Dark and has less than 1500 ATK. This can pull Malicious. This can pull Tenacious. This can pull Defender even. This can pull another Tomato. This can pull Double Dude, which is the one you should normally be aiming for.

Sangan: Read above. D-Hero decks are the only kind that can search level 6 monsters in Adv. format, except E-Heroes (Stratos).

SPELLS:

Clock Tower Prison: People run this WITHOUT Dreadmaster. Its' a good card without him, but with him its' evil. Someones' actually played Mystic Plasma Zone over Prison, I resurrect a pair of Dasher, and with Diamond Dude and Doom Lord out, I have: 2 x 2600, a 1900, and a 1100, excluding effects. Then I have Dreadmaster, who has 2100 + 2100 + 600 + 1400 = 6100, PLUS Mystic Zone, is 6600 ATK. Yeah. He Cylinder'd me, but I Solemn'd it. Taught him.

D-Spirit: Defender into Dasher. Defender into Double Dude. Yeah.

Destiny Draw: If you get really lucky, you'll have this and Malicious in the hand. This and Dasher. This can work with any. If you're desperate, you can throw out Doom Lord. Stratos loves this thing.

Enemy Controller: Pwnt. This > Swap. This is excellent. It negates an attack and switches it to defense mode, so its' like Book of Moon. Plus if all you have is a Malicious and they have a dominating Monarch or Jinzo, trib the Malicious, steal Jinzy, trib either a fresh Malicious or Jinzo for a new monster (depends on if you are swinging for game or not). Malicious loves this.

Heavy Storm: Staple.

Mystical Space Typhoon: If all else fails, you can MST Clock Tower yourself. Staple in any case.

Reinforcement of the Army: One word: "Stratos". Its' a 1800 ATK, pulling Double Dude, Malicious... Dasher, anything. Plus you can RotA Defender if you're under serious pressure.

Smashing Ground: Simplification. Trades a 1-1 but more importantly wipes defensive walls or dominating attackers.

Snatch Steal: Purely and utterly broken. No reason NOT to play this.

TRAPS

(Here I went for a MOSTLY conventional trap lineup, with some themed cards and one bizarre one.)

Bottomless Trap Hole: I like this card. It can kill Warrior Lady. It kills... the Monarchs. It doesn't kill Jinzo, I don't think. But it wipes Hydroggedon. It hits... 80-90% of the monsters played today.

D - Shield: Again, I like this card. It works well with Tenacious, just as in the anime, as well as stuff like Doom Lord, Double Dude, Defender even (Before you ask, he was Controller'd).

Destiny Signal: This is a good card. If anything else it holds field presence. You can pull Defender with this, and that ought to stop the opponents' battle phase. If its' on the last attack, you can pull Doom Lord or Tenacious to set up for the next turn. It gives you food for tributing.

Mirror Force: Staple.

Mirror Wall: Shrinks' little bro. It can't be used offensively, which is why people don't play it. But I like it here, it makes the D-Heroes WIN battles. It turns Defender into a lot of pain for the opponent. If all else fails, it means you take half damage when they're swinging for game. Always good to have one more turn.

Sakuretsu Armor: Just a good card.

Umm... Stratos is the key in this deck. He searches... forget it, read his part under my deck. Stratos ist teh pwnt.

Working on finishing those notes.

Now, for what DIDN'T make the cut:

Diamond Dude: Hey, I wanted that! The two duels I tested him in, he flipped Snatch Steal and Mirror Force. Since then I've never played him.

Treeborn Frog: In a deck so full of tributes, you'd wonder why this isn't here. Truth be told, using Double Dude, Dasher, Malicious, Fear Monger, and the deck, when it comes down to it, can provide for itself.

Eternal Dread: Two counters? Naw. Waste of deck space, IMO, I can put in something much better than this.

Magic Cylinder: I don't like this card.

Premature Burial / Call of the Haunted: No real need to pull stuff out the graveyard in my opinion.

Archived