Kirby Cards

powersman77

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's greatly varying quality between cards here, so I'll go through 'em one by one.

Kirby: Change "1 "Kirby" monster who's attribute is the same as the destroyed monster" to "1 "Kirby" monster with the same attribute as the destroyed monster". I also think you should have to Tribute Kirby to Summon his alternate forms, but that's just a suggestion.

Ghost Kirby: Best-made card here, no problems

Angel Kirby: You can't really control what attributes of monsters are Set, since you don't know what Attribute they are. Perhaps leave it just at Summoning.

Fire Kirby: good

Stone Kirby: This one has the worst OCG. It's unclear whether you mean that it increases the DEF of your other monsters, or itself. Regardless, you can't change the stats of a face-down monster. Perhaps it should apply to Defense Position monsters instead.

Storm Kirby: Change its Type to Thunder, "there owners" should be "their owner's"

Water Kirby: I get that this one's effect was kinda tricky to put in writing, but there's a much simpler way. Ignore what Zeik said about it, just change its effect to "When there is no Field Spell Card on the field, this card's name is also treated as "Umi"." That way all cards that activate when Umi's on the field will still work, since they don't specify that the Umi in question has to be a Field Spell Card. ;) It gives you the same effect, but has acceptable OCG - since you can't 'treat the field' as something else.

Well the field itself never changes, so you can't 'treat it' as something else (eg. Umi). Umi is a card, not a condition of the field.

I assumed that your reason for wanting to somehow change the field to Umi without actually playing Umi was to allow the effects of certain monsters to activate. The condition for those monsters' effects is that a card named Umi is on the field. There are actually already a few cards which can activate those effects (eg. A Legendary Ocean) because their names are treated as Umi. So, Water Kirby can do the same if his name is treated as Umi.

Most of the fixes are good, but you're still using the wrong 'there' for Storm Kirby. The word which implies possession (in this case, possession of cards on the field) is spelled 'their'. Sorry, I'm kinda serious about spelling. Especially on YGO cards.

Also for the Stone Kirby, its effect is still kinda iffy. Kirby Special Summons it, so it has to come to the field face-up. This effect (when Stone Kirby is Flip Summoned) requires you to be able to flip Stone Kirby face-down somehow, and then flip him back up to activate his effect.

Minor changes: 'defense points' should be simply DEF, and you have two 'of's in a row in his effect.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm harassing you here or something. Unfortunately, there's only 1 correct OCG in most cases. Makes cardmaking a lot less interesting, but that's the price for having genuine-looking cards. =(

The cards are cool otherwise. Keep it up, eh? ;)

..... What???? (about Water Kirby). Can you just give me the effect on the card? Maybe I'll be able to figure it out.

And Stone Kirby can't really work if it's face up because it's made to have the opponent attack it.

I'll fix the other minor thing though.

Not now. Got to do some stuff. Near 5:00, I'll fix the stuff.

Also, please remember, I'll do any other "Kirby" cards when needed.

Ah, Stone Kirby's effect makes more sense now. :D

As for Water Kirby, uh..... huh. Alright, this makes me look silly. I was referring to these two cards

ALegendaryOceanHL1-EN-C-UE.pngForgottenTempleoftheDeepABPF-EN-C-1E.png

when I advised you to treat Water Kirby's name as Umi, but.... it appears that Zeik was taking the effect he advised you to give it straight from Maiden of the Aqua.

MaidenoftheAquaPGD-EN-C.jpg

Despite this being an actual card, I still think it uses outdated OCG. However, since it appears on a real card, I suppose it's an acceptable way of phrasing the effect. Do whichever you want.

Archived