✣End Game Tutorial No. 2 How to make an Evil Matermind!✣

DARKPLANT RISING

[align=center]End Game's Tutorials No. 2.

=How to make an Evil Mastermind=[/align]

This is End Game's Tutorial for making Evil Masterminds in Fics.

Now, every fantasy needs an evil mastermind. Voldemort. Seth. Mr. Tiny…

Every fantasy has one. It’s very important for the plot, and will be essential for a great story.

So let's make a Tut on it!

[align=center]

1st Step: What He/She Does, and Bio

[/align]

Every evil mastermind has a reason for being called an evil mastermind. Duh. But what makes someone really evil? It’s what he/she does. Let’s look at an example…

=Voldemort=

Okay, so he kills millions in order to gain near immortality without being disturbed. That’s something the average human does!!

But this isn’t every mastermind. Some ideas are, if fantasy…

1. Domination of a country, planet, or in some cases…the universe

2. Killing millions

3. Trying to achieve immortality

Wait, that sounds just like me

First choose what your mastermind is going to do.

[Your mastermind] will try to [use what] to [do what]

Then, write out a description. Make sure that he has a weakness if the main character’s going to beat him to a pulp. How he looks, what powers he has, and other information is needed. Also write who, how, kills him, if he does get killed. Make sure that he’s not a baby wearing diapers, but someone with more suspense and power.

Anyways, there are 2 types of evil masterminds in role, 2 types in sub-role, and mainly 2 types in character.

=Roles=

Choose one.

1. The Final Boss

The Final Boss Type doesn’t go out to battle from himself, or only rarely does it. He always stays back and watches his minions using a special force he has, orders the servants that battle his wars, and punishes them if they fail. They also have great force of a completely different rank compared to his pawns, devastating and very dangerous, if the need for it arises. In the end of the story, the main character may go and kill him. (Of course, he could stay alive.) One example of the Final Boss is the main antagonists of the Power Rangers. They never go out to battle until the final episodes, but create monsters and have them attack.

2. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord Type goes out to battle from himself, using his great powers to full use. He always has close calls with the main character, and will try to kill him/her at any cost. He also has a malefic and sadistic personality, and has nearly killed the main character many times-but in the end, he will be defeated. One example is Lord Voldemort. Another is Lord Loss.

lordlossusawip.jpg

kaiba.jpg[/center]

medium_voldemort-looking-up-9fzhu4mo.jpg[/center]

p><p>Now, many evils are immortal, but yet get killed.  Those go in Mortal Evil.  Immortal Evil is a role that will never die no matter what happens, and will not vanish until the story ends.  Of course, he doesn’t have to be immortal.  He just has to not die.  Lord Loss is an example.  Desmond Tiny is another.  Darren Shan

=Character=

1. Brainy

A character who thinks before he acts, intelligent and always having at least one plan in mind. He’s difficult to overcome, and strong. Most are Immortal Evil-but some are Mortal. One example is the Shadow Lord, from the Deltora Quest Series and its sequels. As a notable fact, most “true” masterminds go here.

2. Reckless

Most of the “sub” masterminds tend to be rather stupid compared to their bosses, and those go here. They tend to be acting before thinking about anything, and most of the time, they have a rather comical side. I can’t think up an example… can someone think it up?

Step 1 done.

Well, but most evil people don’t kill people because they were born loving genocide. Then why do they do it?

[align=center]

2nd Step: Evil Reasons

[/align]

There are mainly 3 types of reasons for having someone become evil. Let’s sort them out.

1. “Road to Power, Road to Slaughter”

Let’s talk about Steve Leopard, from the “Cirque Du Freak” series of Darren Shan.

He started out as a bad kid who wants to become a “Vampire”…and ended as a diabolic murderer killing many people, including best friends from middle school. He’s a good example of why people got deformed until they became evil masterminds.

Well, to be exact, Steve Leopard wasn’t the true mastermind of the saga. But just ignore that… I just want to show why he became so evil.

Steve was never fond of killing people. In fact, I think that if he was still the middle school “Steve” that was only a bad prankster; he would never dare to do so.

All Steve wanted to do was simply gain power. He wanted to gain power as a vampire of the highest rank…with great physical powers no Olympic athlete can imagine, a whole army of fellow strong vampires at his side, things needed for becoming someone with great power.

All he wanted to do was that. But unluckily, the vampires didn’t accept Steve. He turned to the Vampaneze, the brothers of the vampires, and decided to join their ranks as the Vampaneze Lord. And from here he starts to get twisted.

Steve gained power. But the vampires are still in his way. In order to gain supremacy over the creatures of the night, he had to kill the vampires as well.,,

Which leads to genocide.

In a way, Steve is one of the most unique…and yet pitiful characters.

See?

No human being loves killing. But the road to power is a road to the murderer. History declares this in the form of Adolf Hitler.

Remember this. Long ago, Tom Riddle didn’t see killing as a lovable thing. He only saw immortality as a lovable thing, and in order to gain it, he had to kill-and Voldemort was born.

People have “Conscience”, and “Greed”. Conscience blocks you from sin. But when conscience disappears by greed’s stronger force, people are ripped off of the third eye that can see what is bad and what is good. Even things that conscience once blocked, such as genocide, are considered neutral. People don’t do bad things-but they do neutral things. Therefore, those possessed by greed will do things normal men will consider evil.

Evil men were never born evil. They were deformed by greed and the field he lives in, and turned out as the form he is now.

No, I’m not a psychologist. But this is important for writing.

2. “Oversize Revenge”

Look at “Friend”.

The main antagonist of the “20th Century Boys” Best-Seller Manga that has recently become a movie, “Friend” used to be a bullied child. To add, the reason for the bullying was “stealing from a candy shop”, but in truth he never stole anything, even once. The main character (protagonist), Kenji, who used to be the same class, had stolen it, and after a series of events it turned out with “Friend” having the stolen things. The shop owner mistook “Friend” for the robber and punished him. Then the bullies came over and started.

Now, that would ruin my day. Definitely.

“Friend” stopped going to school because the bullies would come again. One day, he decides to suicide, but is stopped by something. This isn’t much important, but everyone says “He should have died, that robber” and then everyone starts to think that he actually died.

This is the reason that “Friend” decided to seek revenge upon Kenji, who is starting to become like the “antagonist” in the reader’s mind.

After becoming an adult, “Friend” created a religious community in order to seek power. Once done, it evolved into a government party, and took over Japan. Then he bombarded the main airports of Japan, sent deadly viruses across the world, and cleverly convinced the world that it was the fault of the famous terrorist “Kenji-Kun”. The police go investigate and try killing him.

This is part 2. Revenge towards the main character in a much more devastating way.

The “Friend” is also used for part 3.

3. “A Better World”

The viruses that “Friend” sent were meant to wipe out most of the human race. The reason? So that less people would exist. If less people existed, they wouldn’t say things that would make people nearly die, or suicide. Bullies would disappear, and the world would be a better place. No more people would have to be bullied like he was.

Okay, so I understand. But I think the killing part was a little unnecessary. Isn’t it? What, no? Are you Larxane?

Anyways, this is part 3. The antagonist wants to create a better world of “Justice”, but one that needs “Injustice” to be completed. This is the 3rd type.

4. “Youuuu Sayyyy!!!”

Kiryu.

One of the best characters in the whole franchise of YGO in my opinion, Kiryu was…

I think you know him. If you don’t, you must immediately go to You Tube and watch his story. Otherwise you’ll regret later.

You get the idea-Kiryu thought that You Say Yusei sold him to the Security (police armed with children’s card games, in short) in order to get free after they all became outlaws. It’s a mess up-Yusei tried to save Kiryu, but ended up the opposite, and got revenge from Kiryu.

Sort of similar to 2, but this one is a “Betrayal Revenge”, whereas the other is a simple “Revenge”. 1 + 4 would create a pretty good combination.

Of course, I can only think up these, but others are greatly appreciated, and I will give 1 rep. If you think up one, PM me or post it here ^^

[align=center]

3rd Step: Naming[/align]

Some people make the name first.

They should stop that. I’ll explain later why. a

The name of the evil mastermind can be either the real name, or a nickname. “Tom Marvolo Riddle” is the real name, and “Lord Voldemort” is the nickname. In the case of something human, or once human, this is used, but for things that are not human, such as “Lord Loss”, the primary antagonist “Demon Master” of the Demonata, the real name is not needed…most of the time.

Most of the time, the primary name of a mastermind will include at least one out of “D”, “G”, “K”, “R”, “V”, “X”, and “Z”. Or, in the case such as Lord Loss, the word “Lord” makes the name intimidating, and once followed with “Loss”, which gives out a mysterious feeling, it in the end becomes a great villain name. But most of the time, most villain names would include these. "A" could come at the end.

By the way, in the “Testaments of Extrarius”, a story I’m currently writing, the main antagonist is named Extrarius. The 3 sub antagonists are Das Pleto, Dominus Domno, and Inferus Nex.

Here. I just copyrighted them by posting them. You can’t copy these according to cyber copyright laws. Lolz

Anyways, notice how there are many D’s and X’s. Though these don’t end with “a”, some other villains do, don’t worry. And no, it’s incomplete, and I’m not posting until it is.

I used a Latin Dictionary to choose these names. Here is the url so that you don’t have to waste 5 minutes in google.

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Latin

Other languages are OK as well. But not reliable for whole texts… just like other translators.

Now create the name. But make sure to sound it so it fits the timeline and setting of your story. This is why you should make the name last.

Also, no, if Voldemort’s calling name stayed “Tommy”, then suspense would be 0, so make it sound cool.

Hope it helps!! If you have parts you don't understand or want to object, PM me or post it here.

Archived