.:Age of Mythology:.

SirtyStan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

To clarify: O CANADA spawned a bear that walks on its hind legs, uses a Canadian flag for a cape, shoots lazor beams from its eyes, and has two monkeys for pets. Cheat units haven't been that awesome since E=MC2 trooper in the original Age of Empires.

Check Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds series cheat.

Simon Says: Super fast steroid-freak Ewok that shoot LAZOR from a wooden stick. Beat that.

That's No Moon: The infamous Death Star. Yes, THE friekin' Death Star at your disposal. Beat that.

Back to the topic. My favorite civilization is Egypt. Great wall defense and a combo of Phoenix and crocodile/alligator-that-shoot-laser (forgot its name) units is deadly. Egyptian archers unit is cheap and deadly and can spam the battlefield at the beginning. My usual strategy is the best offense is the good defense. I built a concentrated base and expand to another place and built another concentrated base closer to my enemies. A slow pace strategy fit for long battle/huge map. Unsuitable for small map.

Anybody else do this?

Using cheats to make an army of over 30 Nidhogs or Osirises and saving right before a huge raid and doing it over and over again.

I've also had it where I go in a rape their village early on, only leaving them a few peasents and one centre, and totally max out myself, than when I'm good and ready I start helping them out by giving them time to build up their city for an epic battle or use the god powers such as the free food/gold/wood cheat and the healing spring.

Also, favourite map, totally the norse one with the big ocean in the middle.

Anybody else do this?

Using cheats to make an army of over 30 Nidhogs or Osirises and saving right before a huge raid and doing it over and over again.

I've also had it where I go in a rape their village early on, only leaving them a few peasents and one centre, and totally max out myself, than when I'm good and ready I start helping them out by giving them time to build up their city for an epic battle or use the god powers such as the free food/gold/wood cheat and the healing spring.

Also, favourite map, totally the norse one with the big ocean in the middle.

My favourite map is the hades one and doing a run with no food after hitting classical.

Well i never play Titan Exp. online, only played in SP or LAN with friends.

Titan Exp. imo is suck. I know Atlantis have huge defense bonus in his tech (more than Egypt tech), but his unit is somewhat weaker than any other tech. And Build-A-Titan features is a waste of time and resources. I prefer a mass Myth units assault, back up by human units than some gigantic, towering behemoth that required lots of resources and time just to produce one.

^True.

I once tried building the Titan against AI, and man... it required a tremendous resources and a very long time to create. During that time, i'm only been able to defend myself against AI attack and cannot attack because all my resources is put into the Build-A-Titan and doesn't have enough resources to build a large army. And after my Titan is showed up, i tried to use it to attack my enemy base but that gigantic SotB fell down quickly by my enemy archers because he is such a huge and easy target. And my Titan earthquake move is ineffective against most of the Myth and Heroes units.

In short: Build-A-Titan is a failed features in AoM expansion.

wat.

Titans are easily worth the amount of resources it takes to make one, a single titan can wipe out an enemy army AND their major town. If you lost your titan fast then you're doing something wrong. That being said, it's just stupid rushing one. It leaves you way too vulnerable as the enemy will know you're making one.

Titan can be killed easy if you build lots of ranged units as damage dealer and some melee units (preferable Myth or Heroes) as cannon fodder. Just constrict Titan movement with melee units and spam ranged attack; it will fell down very quickly. Titan's earthquake move is lame because it only have small radius and can barely reach my ranged units. During my game, it easier to kill a Titan than produce one.

Archived