Smesh's Tutorial to Creative Card Making

Smesh

[align=center]I've been told im a very creative card maker and i would like to share my secrets to all of you YCMers. From amazing effects, creative names and great pics.

BEGINNING THE CARD: i would post a pic, but its just a blank card at the moment so wats the use?

Before you work on the effect or even name, look for a good pic. i suggest DeviantArt and JazinKay's Archive on Photobucket.

Father Wolf, Wanderley, and HP Doom Also have great pics, and can be found in the "Showcase" section.

heres a blank card made with a pic off of Jazinkay's Archive

555168as.jpg

It looks like a pretty strong monster so it would be good to make it a level 8.

if ATK is 2600+ id make it a LEVEL 8 unless if theres a major drawback

if ATK is 2000-2500 Id make it a LEVEL 7

ATK is 1600-1900 LEVEL 4. but there can always be effects that make very strong monsters have 0 ATK so keep that in mind.

if ATK is 1500 lower, id make it LEVEL 3 OR LOWER. effects make the difference tho.

ANYWAY It looks like a Dragon, but it also looks like a machine, so what type should it be? i would make this one a Machine, but its ur choice. Notice the whirls of wind around it, so it would be feasable to make it a WIND monster.

Not alot of ppl here like Normal monsters, so make it an effect monster.

THE NAME: the name is wat makes ppl interested in your card. if you name ur card "black and red dragon" its not exciting. here are some key words to use to make ur card's name sound better:

"Over-":followed by something like "Dragon" or "Tech". so it would be like "OverTech"

"Paladin": very good when ur pic is a warrior-like spellcaster or some kind of young warrior

"Ptera-": good for winged-beasts, a name such as "Ptera Gust Beast" would specify a bird-like monster of WIND attribute

"v's and k's": are very good for names make monster sound more wild

ANYWAY i would name this card "Meniacal Overdragon"

THE STATS: this monster looks pretty strong, so lets give it a high ATK, anywhere from 2600-3000, but u can go higher if you want. ATK SHOULD NOT EXCEED 5000. IT SHOULD RARELY EXCEED 4000.

The DEF i would make pretty high, showing that its made of metal, so lets make it 2000-2500, but once again its ur choice

Make Circulation something like "1ST EDITION" or "LIMITED EDITION", altho it doesnt really matter.

Set ID could be anything, i make it depending on the series im making with it.

THE EFFECT: There are many types of effects u can make, but im telling you the ones that make it UNIQUE. try something like these:

FIELD SPELL INTERACTION: such as "When this card is destroyed it is placed in your Field Spell Zone and is treated as a Spell card."

PARASITIC EFFECTS: such as the control of the card switching to your opponent, and your opponent has a hard time with that monster on their field.

CLOGGING: i use this on my "Diversal" Archetype. when the card is destroyed, it is placed in your opponents Spell and Trap card zone, and it makes their life hell having that there.

DEATH IN DIFFERENT PLACES: such as "When this card is destroyed it is placed in your opponent's Graveyard." and you could branch off of that effect.

TRAVELING: i use this alot also. your card has the ability to switch to different Zones, such as Field Spell Zone, Spell and Trap Zone, Graveyard, anything.

SPIRIT IMMORTALS: a fusion monster thats a fusion. i use broad Fusion Requirements (i.e. 1 DARK monster + 1 LIGHT monster) and have VERY strong effects since their hard to summon. this also works for Synchros.

COUNTERS: counters can be named anything u want. from Spell Counters to Lava Counters to Bleh Counters. whole idea of counters is when you have enough counters, you can remove them to active a powerful effect

SHAPESHIFTERS: change Type or Attribute each turn and have different effects as different attributes.

If you use any of those u have a unique effect thatll blow ppl away.

HERES THE OUTCOME OF THE CARD:

555168.jpg

When this card is destroyed it is placed in your Field Spell Zone and is treated as a Spell card. As long as this card is in your Field Spell Zone, all Machine-Type monsters gain 200 ATK. If this card is in your Field Spell Zone during your Standby Phase, you can pay 1000 Life Points to return this card to the top of your Deck.

HOPES THIS HELPS U WIN CONTESTS AND STUPIFY UR PEERS[/align]

Archived