[align=center]1: Intro

2: Bad Card Example

3: Card Picture

4: ATK/DEF/Level

5: Naming/Attribute/Type/Effect/OCG

6: Good Card Example[/align]

Intro

Intro

Welcome to my first tutorial. Here I will show you people who are new to this site how to make a pretty good card. Enjoy this tutorial.

Bad Card

Bad Card

381651l.jpg

p><p>This card is just horrid. It

Card Picture

Card Picture

That picture above is pure torture. You should get a picture off of DeviantART or a Custom Card Archive. The above picture is from Google. DO NOT! I repeat: DO NOT! Use a picture from Google. It'll get squashed and look terrible. If you use a picture off of a Archive, make sure to give the creator credit, or it could result in you getting a neg rep.

Here is a picture from HP Doom's Custom Card Archive that we'll be using in this tutorial:

p><p>A monster

Naming/Attribute/Type/Effect/OCG

Naming/Attribute/Type/Effect/OCG

The name of the card CAN depend on the picture. It looks like a Mechanical Warrior. So let's make it Metal Warrior - Double.

The Attribute depends on the picture. Half of the picture's face looks evil so we'll make it DARK.

The Type depends on the picture as well XD. The picture's a mech. So we'll make it um... a Machine.

The Effect is probably the second, of the top two crucial elements of a card. It needs a drawback just as powerful to make it balanced.

OCG (Official Card Grammar) is probably the most crucial element of a card. While rating the card. People tend to think more of the OCG. So it'll take up most of your rating. Here is some basic Monster Card OCG:

[spoiler=Effect Monster]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned unless _________.

During each of your End (or Standby) Phases, destroy this card unless you _______.

This card gains ___ ATK (or DEF OR ATK and DEF) for each _____ Monster in your (or either) Graveyard.

[spoiler=Fusion Monsters]

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon.

[spoiler=Synchro Monsters]

1 Tuner + 1 (or 2) or more non-Tuner (you can insert specific monster attribute/type) monsters.

1 Tuner + "______"

"_____" + 1 (or 2) or more non-Tuner (you can insert specific monster attribute/type) monsters.

"_____" + "_____"

Good Card

Good Card

I think I'll add that card to my "Metal Warrior" set XD

Hope this helped :D

Note: This post has been reported, and is awaiting a moderator review. Just kidding

Missing anything? PM me if so :D

You copied the "Note" joke...!!

Nah, it's ok.

Metal Warrior - Tuner? Maybe Metal Synchron sounds better.

As for the pic, looks good.

As for the effect, it's "inflict", not "deal". And most of the time, the restricted thing is only one of the synchro materials. Sort of UP'ed, since most Synchros don't have such a horrid drawback. 7/10. owaitthisisn'ttheRCsectionmybad

Well, it's not completely complete *mulfunction* but I still like it.

Archived