Akatsuki of YCM: Rising Dawn

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly say Lelouch.

Sure, he would have been caught more than once, if it hadn't been for several well-times character appearances, but...

Light had an advantage. He worked mostly alone.

And he could work from virtually anywhere, with the Death Note.

Lelouch was Zero, and Zero led the Black Knights. If the Black Knights were defeated somehow, Zero, and thus Lelouch, would be screwed.

Plus, Lelouch had one of the most powerful armies in the world against him.

Light had a great detective and a small (very small) Police force.

I say that Lelouch is the bigger grain of the two. He can control people with his Geass yeah, but he has to have direct eye contact with them in order for it to work. Light can just use his death note to do whatever, although there is the day limit on that before people die. Plus, when Light didn't have the Death Note, he failed utterly. Plus he assumed to much as to what would happen and didn't take the human factor into account. Lelouch was not only able to take the human factor into account, but use it to his advantage perfectly.

In short, Lelouch > Yagami

And I didn't find realistic when Lelouch manages to spend so much time away from home and school while retaining his home/school privilegdes

and L is a hard enough opponet

[quote name='Shadow Zero' timestamp='1306690908' post='5239930']
I say that Lelouch is the bigger grain of the two. He can control people with his Geass yeah, but he has to have direct eye contact with them in order for it to work. Light can just use his death note to do whatever, although there is the day limit on that before people die. Plus, when Light didn't have the Death Note, he failed utterly. Plus he assumed to much as to what would happen and didn't take the human factor into account. Lelouch was not only able to take the human factor into account, but use it to his advantage perfectly.

In short, Lelouch > Yagami
[/quote]
Explain as to how he failed without the deathnote

And he needs a name and a face to use it in the first place

Lelouch could just look at you (provided you weren't blocking your face) and you would lose

remember Misora?

Light pwn'd in a way I don't Lelouch doing

I agree.

Lelouch knew that.

Light did not.

That alone makes Lelouch smarter.

Light could have pulled a f*cking masterstroke tho.

Before he went to meet with Near

he could have impregnated Misa.

Predicting he'd lose.

And knowing Misa would raise the child to be the next Kira.

[quote name='=DL=' timestamp='1306710875' post='5240699']
I agree.

Lelouch knew that.

Light did not.

That alone makes Lelouch smarter.

Light could have pulled a f*cking masterstroke tho.

Before he went to meet with Near

he could have impregnated Misa.

Predicting he'd lose.

And knowing Misa would raise the child to be the next Kira.
[/quote]

Actually...
That would've been a good ending to the series.
Five years later, Light Jr. (or whoever) hides a manic look as he greets some snooty teacher.
Or something.

No, because in the epilogue you still see she worships Kira.

When she was without her memory she clearly was not a supporter of Kira. (not against him, mind you)

And Light would have been SMART to do that, either way.

I want a Death note sequel where it shows Light in the Shinigami world.

And it's revelaed allw ho die because of a shinigami notebook, and USED the Death Note, are turned into Shinigami themselves.

Which would make sense cause Ryuk said people who used the Death Note can never go to heaven OR hell.

You forgot the final rule of the Death Note.

All humans, without exception, will eventually die.

When they die they go to MU (nothingness).

All humans, no matter what they do in life, will go to the same place after they die. All humans are equal in death.

Once dead, they can never come back to life.

Becoming Shinigami wouldn't be like revival.

And Light DID die, he just became a Shinigami instead of going to heaven or hell.

And it never said anything about nothingness. it said no heaven or hell. (or resting peacefully)

And no, that second to last line wasn't in the Death Note at all.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306711069' post='5240705']
Actually...
That would've been a good ending to the series.
Five years later, Light Jr. (or whoever) hides a manic look as he greets some snooty teacher.
Or something.
[/quote]
Yes

YES

I want this to happen.

It opens up with Light opening his eyes.

And finding out he looks like this

[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/188/2/b/Shinigami_Light_by_YokaiEcchiHunter.png[/img]

(official Death Note art, as it seems the creators of DN DID in fact hint about Light as a Shinigami)

Then he looks down upon the world, and sees his son there. So he decides to drop his notebook (recently acquired, after a no doubt obvious talk with Ryuk, who would give him a spare one, then keeps another as the gift of a Death note granted to him by the Shinigami King)

Then he follows his own kid around, giving him tips and instructions.

YESSSSSSS

<33333

Archived