Paint.NET Series [Part 2 Posted] -=Darkthorne=-

Okay, tutorial time. Pictures to come.

~1st Sigz Tut~

Welcome to my first Paint.NET tutorial! If you're just starting, fear not, I provide it all. If you read the whole thing, you can find the massive (Like, Iunno, 500+?) Number of fonts and my own personal plugin set. =D. The plugins and fonts were not made by me, nor do I take credit for them.

Your finished product might look something like the following: Ocean.png

Step 1: Obtain/Open Paint.NET. It is found at http://getpaint.net/

Step 2: Make a new image with dimensions 500*150 (Width*Height)

Step 3: Choose 2+ colors that you'll be using for your Background (BG). If you're using 3 or more, you have to use Gradient Mapping. If you don't have the plugin, it can be found in my current effects pack Here. You will need to "Extract All" to the following directory, which you can just copy and paste into the bar: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET <-- Use that if you installed it normally. To use Gradient mapping, you need a black and whit vertical gradient drawn FIRST or it won't work.

When you finish all that, draw a vertical gradient using one of the two tools.

Step 4: Duplicate the layer. You'll want the original, just in case. If you wish, name the new layer splash.

Step 5: Run Sine Waves under Effects --> Distort --> Sine Waves... With the Amplitude at 85 and the rest of the settings at default.

Step 6: Run Waves under Effects --> Distort --> Waves... With radius at 50,000 and the other settings at default.

Step 7: Duplicate the layer. If you wish, name it Kaleidoscope.

Step 8: Run Kaleidoscope under Effects --> Distort --> Kaleidoscope with 5 Pieces Per Quarter and other settings at default, or however you please. I suggest keeping the radius Around 100~150. Go to Layer Properties, and put the opacity at ~175.

Step 9: Duplicate the 2nd-bottom layer (The one above the gradient). If you wish, name it Jitter.

Step 10: Run jitter at Amount 15, Width 1, Angle 0. Go to Layer Properties, and set the opacity as you wish. If you like it, leave it. I like it ~216.

Step 11: This step is IMPORTANT and MUST be done correctly just as I say. Starting with the layer just above the bottom, merge the layer down to the bottom one. Repeat until done.

Step 12: Great! You have a background! You got the first part done! Here's where you have choices.

-Renders

-Text

-Renders and Text

Choose one. I'll do renders and text, because it covers each individual one.

Step 13: Make a new layer, call it Renders 1. Paste your cropped renders on it. Run anti-alias at desired width with 1000 power.

Step 14: Duplicate renders 1. Call it renders 2. You now have some options: 1. Play with the layer properties and opactiy. 2. Do some effects to the bottom layer of renders and watch it only show the edge on top 8). 3. Both.

Step 15: Alright, text time! (Finally...) If you want some fonts, get This.

Step 16: Make a new layer, call it Text. Choose a font, choose a color, make your text however/wherever you choose. I suggest size 36 be your largest, though.

Step 17: Almost done! Choose a color that you want your text outline to be, and copy the hex. Run Object Outline Under Effects --> Object --> Object Outline... with Width 15 and softness 254 or below (suggested).

Step 18: This is your last choice, but the last step I'm teaching. Choices:

-Tweak your banner to your liking.

-Be DONE!

I hope you liked my tutorial, I'll add pictures soon. One last note! You may NOT use this tutorial to distribute any works for your benefit... it's my tutorial, and therefore they are my images. However, they may be used by you. Basically, make it, don't take credit for it, don't distribute it, but you can use it.

somerights20.png

Tutorial 2: Signature Backgrounds, Polar Inversion, Waves, Seamless Texture Maker.

~1st Sigz BG Tut~

Hello everyone! Welcome once again to my Paint.NET tutorials series. Just like the last, this tutorial and its products are copyrighted by a creative commons license. Moving on then, shall we?

This tutorial will teach you how to make some pretty interesting signature backgrounds. In the end, you have the option of making your first tiled wallpaper. Or, maybe it isn't your first.

The finished result should look something like the following:

Testbg.png

Or

Testbg3.png

Let's begin! =)

Step 1: Open a new image, dimensions 500*150.

Step 2: Draw a 2-color gradient, preferably vertical.

Step 3: Run Polar Inversion at default settings.

Step 4: Run Waves at with a radius of 14866 and the rest default settings.

Step 5: Run Polar Inversion at default settings.

Step 6: Duplicate the bottom layer. Run Jitter at amount 8, and set the Layer Opacity to ~95. Merge it down.

Step 7: Run Sine Waves at Amplitude of 85.

Step 8: Run Waves at previous settings.

Step 8: Run Polar Inversion at default settings.

Step 9: Run Clouds at max scale, with your primary color at 124 transparency, and your secondary at 0.

Step 10: By now you should have a pretty looking background. You can either be done, or turn it into a way-cool texture that you can use to tile for wallpapers and other things. So here are your choices:

- Be done.

- Texture.

Step 11: This step is only if you chose to texture, and it's really basic. Run seamless texture on default settings.

Ta-da! Now you have one of two kinds of backgrounds, and one can be used for wallpapers! Hope you liked the tut, and I'd love to see examples.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you be more specific' date=' please?

[/quote']

I meant any new effects that are like the ones in the effects package you supplied.

You can't really write a detailed avvie tut' date=' but here it is, in 3 steps:

1. Make a banner without text.

2. Crop a part of it, and add text + desired effects.

3. Add a border, save as PNG. Ta-da.

[/quote']

Lol cant you just say:

Follow the second tut but with proportions of 100x100 pixels worked for me when i used your tut but with higher proportions for the banner in my sig.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived