Newb Salvation Army - Stick?

Smesh

Question

[center][size="5"]A place of refuge to new members who want help throughout the forum.[/size]

This is the Newb Salvation Army. A place open to all new members who are having trouble among the forums. If you are new and would like some help, please let us know by filling out the help application:

What's the problem?:
What do you need help with?:

The Newb Salvation Army also needs volunteers to help out the new members. Volunteers are split into groups of forum specialty and will be willing to help if online. If a new member would like help, i will send a PM to the volunteer giving info about the member and how to help out. [b]To volunteers:[/b] If the member you are helping is becoming a problem to you, PM me and we will discuss.

Here are the apps used to sort the volunteers into the classifications they belong. [b]Volunteers can sort out as many apps as you wish, but you may not be accepted for all of them[/b]. To assure that you can provide help to members, you MUST fit all of the qualifications listed.

[spoiler=Card Making Volunteer App]
Username:
Are you 5 stars or more?:
Is your rep count over 30?:
List 5 friends you have on the forum:
You best created card:

I do realise that this criteiria is biased, but i will accept/reject volunteers at my own discretion too.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Roleplaying Volunteer App]
Username:
I have a gun up to your head, what do you do? Be creative:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Graphic Design Volunteer App]
Username:
A tag or small art you have made:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Overall Forum Volunteer App]
This is for members who spend their time mostly in Clubs, General, Polls, etc.
Username:
How many negs have you recieved?:
Warn Status:
In your honest opinion, do you get along with everyone easily?:[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Volunteers]
[spoiler=Card Making]
Smesh
Mecha Pedobear
Sakura Haruno
Lieutenant Renji
LiAM[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Roleplaying]
Mecha Pedobear
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Graphic Design]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Overall Forum]
Smesh
Byakuya Kuchiki
Saint Dane
Sakura Haruno
King.
.Ghost Rider
Ghost Ryder
Future Paradise
LiAM
Opalmoon
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/center]

Username: Saint Dane
Are you 5 stars or more?: Yes.
How many negs have you recieved?: One, although the person who gave it to me was at fault.
Warn Status: Nothing. Ever.
In your honest opinion, do you get along with everyone easily?: I would say I do. Unless you're one of those people who just likes to make people mad over and over.

I may apply for something else later. I don't know just yet.

That's what I thought too, most newbies tend to post a question in the forum instead of looking whether it has already been answered.=/ They don't read Tyrantking's tutorial, most of them hardly read announcements/pinned threads (not recognizable with the new forum) or the questions that have been asked 5 minutes before them.

But I still think it's a good idea, just that we shouldn't expect members to come here but we should come to them. When we see someone who really fails and doesn't know wth he's doing or a club is doing badly we could PM and offer help. How about that?

Archived