Jurrac and Ice Barrier Support

crimsonwendy

Not my best work, but i just adore those cute Jurracs. They need love to.

Catastrophic Impact
[img]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9872/142240.jpg[/img]
Neither player can negate the effects of "Jurrac" or "Ice Barrier" monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by the effect of "Jurrac Meteor" or an opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Jurrac" monster from your hand, or Graveyard. When you activate the effect of "Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or when this card is destroyed and there is at least 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard you can add up to 2 cards from your Graveyard to your hand.

Jurrac Hunting Trap
[img]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7315/142240p.jpg[/img]
Remove from play 1 "Jurrac" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck. You take damage equal to that monster's level x 100. Negate the activation of a Spell Card / Trap Card / Normal Summon / Flip Summon / Special Summon and destroy that card. As long as this card is in your Graveyard, face-up "Jurrac" monsters gain 300 ATK.

So you made a support card that effects Jurracs and Ice Barriers? That's new. Anyway (changes in bold):

Coming of Meteor and Trishula's Awakening (needs a new name, perhaps Catastrophic Impact?): [color=#474747][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2][s]Niether[/s] [b]Neither [/b]player can [b]n[/b]egate the effects of "Jurrac" or "Ice Barrier" monster[b]s on the field[/b]. When this card is destroyed by the effect of "Jurrac Meteor" or an opponent(')s card effect(,) you can Special Summon 1 "Jurrac" monster from your hand[s], Deck[/s] or Graveyard. When you activate the effect of "Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or when this card is destroyed and there is at least 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard you can add up to [s]3[/s] [b]2[/b] cards from your Graveyard to your hand.[/size][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][size=2]You'll notice I made my own recommendations. I made them to keep the card balanced.[/size][/size][/font]
[font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][size=2]
[/size][/size][/font]
[font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][size=2]Jurrac Hunting Trap: [/size][/size][/font][color=#474747][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Negate the activation of a Spell Card / Trap Card / Normal Summon / Flip Summon / Special Summon and destroy the Spell Card, Trap Card, or Summoned monster if you control a face-up "Jurrac" monster(.) While this card is in your Graveyard(,) [b]face-up[/b] (")Jurrac(") monsters gain 300 ATK.[/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]This card is OP'd majorly, it needs a big cost because it is so versatile. For example, Tribute 1 face-up "Jurrac" Synchro monster you control.[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Not bad, these cards definitely would support Jurracs and Ice Barriers.[/size][/font]
[font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#474747"][size=2][/size][/color][/size][/font]
[font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#474747"][size=2]
[/size][/color][/size][/font]

I think you got the effect backwards lol. Here's how to fix it.

Your version: [color="#474747"][font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Negate the activation of a Spell Card / Trap Card / Normal Summon / Flip Summon / Special Summon and destroy the Spell Card, Trap Card, or Summoned monster if you control a face-up "Jurrac" monster. You must then remove from play 1 "Jurrac" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, and any monsters from your Deck that equal that monsters level. You take x100 damage to your Life Points equal to the removed from play monsters level. While this card is in your Graveyard, face-up "Jurrac" monsters gain 300 ATK. [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#474747"][font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"] [/font][/color]
[color="#474747"][font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]My Version: Remove from play 1 "Jurrac" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck. You take damage equal to that monster's level x 100. Negate the activation of a Spell Card / Trap Card / Normal Summon / Flip Summon / Special Summon and destroy that card. As long as this card is in your Graveyard, face-up "Jurrac" monsters gain 300 ATK.[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#474747"][font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]You might notice that I changed a bit of it, that's because it was actually UP'd the way you had it. With this new effect, it will be more balanced and far more worth playing.[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#474747"][font="tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Edit: Perhaps you're right Ser, but I had a typo. I meant to put "x 200" instead of "x 100". If there is a problem with that, I suggest looking at this: [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Solemn_Warning"]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Solemn_Warning[/url] Granted, this still doesn't have as much of a life point cost but it also requires a removal of a Synchro Monster from your Graveyard.

Thanks again for the advice FTW. I changed the cards again so they should be a little better.
Oh, and Ser Warjacksworth while I can appreciate the criticism, which helps us learn, I also would like some feedback on how to make the cards better! That gose big time if you give people such low scores.

Jurracs do not need an Infernity Barrier. A Saber Hole-ish card could be better.

Activate only by removing from play 1 "Jurrac" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck when you control a face-up "Jurrac" monster. You take damage equal to that monster's level x 100. Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card and destroy that card. As long as this card is in your Graveyard, face-up "Jurrac" monsters gain 300 ATK.

Decks that don't use Synchros don't need Solemn on crack, FTW.

Neither player can negate the effects of "Jurrac" or "Ice Barrier" monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by the effect of "Jurrac Meteor" or an opponent's card effect, Special Summon 1 "Jurrac" monster from your hand, or Graveyard. When you activate the effect of "Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or when this card is destroyed and there is at least 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard, draw 1 card and Special Summon 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Graveyard.

It's slightly less stupidly broken now.

Archived