Mods - Who are they and what can they do?

Hey y'all! This is a guide to everything mod. Most people might think that this is just a stupid thread, but believe me... This could be quite important. Especially when someone does something wrong.

Now, when you think mod, what is it that you think? BAN. At least, that's what I think at first. Mods ban people, right? Yeahhhhh. Well, a mod can do that and many other things, right? Actually, only certain mods can. You see, at this site, we have two different types of moderators: Moderators and Super Moderators (known as mods and supers respectively). I will explain each and their powers.

The first abilities that ALL moderators get - super or not - is a bolded name, the ability to change your username (Star and I have done so many times xD), and the ability to view the sacred Moderator's Forum. I'm sure many of you have seen one of Frunk's old signatures, during the beginning of this month, where it showed the Mod's Forum and there was a topic entitled "Mod's New Years Party!" or summat... That's the mod's forum. The place where the mods talk about all the new gossip and put down other non-mods (Naw, JK. That's where mods discuss important things). There was no alleged Mod's New Years Party, for those of you who were wondering... xD

Another thing active moderators can do is get and read moderator notices. When you as a user reports a post, all mods will get a notice that says "Moderator Notice: There is 1 unread reported post." It is from here that the mods can view each reported posts and take the necessary action.

That's everything that all mods get. Now, once you get into mod/super stuff, it changes a bit.

REGULAR MODERATORS are those who are part of the usergroup "Moderators". These people have the following powers:

They can moderate EVERYTHING in a certain forum or forums. For example, a regular moderator of the Card Contests forum can delete posts and threads in that forum, can lock topics in that forum, [i'm not sure whether they can move threads out of the forum or not if they don't have mod powers in the correct forum], they can edit posts in a topic in that forum, and they can move topics into the "Completed Contests" sub-forum. A regular moderator CANNOT make a sub-forum in his/her main forum; only the administrator can do so.

Regular mods cannot ban ANYONE. If you know someone who deserves to be banned, PM a super mod or report the post, as only supers and admins can ban people.

Here is the list of Regular Moderators and the forums that they have power in:

darkguy00000 (Has not been on in over a month) - Fan-Fiction

Star*Trainer (IDK what his username is now) - ALL Graphic Design forums (Showcase, Tutorials, and Shops/Requests)

TotalObelisk - ALL Custom Cards forums (Realistic, Pop Culture, Any Other, Written, Finished Cards/Sets, and Contests)

So if you have an issue with someone or something in a certain forum, PM whoever is the regular mod of that section. If there is not a regular mod for the section that you are having an issue with, it's time to go to a super mod (If you have a fan-fic issue and you want results, trust the supers rather than darkguy's return... It HAS been over a month...).

Next, super mods. Ahhhhhh Super mods. What can they do?

The short answer? ANYTHING. You name it, they can probably do it.

Shoot three people with three different guns all while banning one user? Remember Johanderson? Yeah... It happened.

Stick their legs behind their ears? So simple. They're SUPER MODS and you ask them to do something so silly as that? Of COURSE they can do it.

So yes, mods can ban people. Want someone banned? Report the post or PM a super. But you better have a darn good reason for it. One time, I reported someone to Frunk to get that person banned. I didn't have enough evidence, and so Frunk decided that he was gonna ban me instead. I was gone for three days... (JK :lol:, supers are too nice for that)

They can move ANY thread ANYWHERE... They can lock ANY thread ANYWHERE... They can delete ANY post ANYWHERE... They can ban ANYONE ANYWHERE... They can edit ANY post ANYWHERE... And yes, they do also have some secret powers, but I am not at liberty to discuss these ^_^

Here's the list of all super mods:

Frunk - If you don't know him... Leave the site. He's been around forever.

Danilus - He's also been around forever... But I believe he's in the army (correct me if I'm wrong) and so doesn't always have time to be here. He hasn't been on in over a month.

Tkill93 - Very good mod, and a great person as well ^_^

God Kaze - Everyone knows him because of his cards, but when it comes to modding, he's often overlooked. He's a super mod too!

That's the list. There's also YCMaker, who can make all new forums and whatnot, but he rarely responds to a Private Message. He's too dang busy.

That's pretty much it...

"Wait!!!"

I know what you must be thinking. "Your name is bolded and you change your name all the time!!! What's your story bhim?"

Ah yes, my story. We then have the unfortunate "ex-mods". As of now, there is only one [active] ex-mod. And it's probably not gonna change. [Hopefully we'll never have another ex-mod].

For some reason, I'm still listed as a mod, which means I get the bolded name, the abilty to change my name whenever I want, and the ability to go into the Mod's Forum. I'm not sure why, so don't ask me.

I have NO powers anywhere, but I used to. I was once the moderator of Card Contests, and I believe I was one of the [if not the] first Regular Mods on the site.

If you wish to hear my story, check the spoiler below... If not, move on.

[spoiler=My Story]

Yeah, I used to be a mod. One day though, my genious of a friend decided he wanted to thrash the site... (I was playing Halo with his brother - they are twins xD) I had left YCM on, and so he logged in and started the ownage. He cussed all over the site, and locked and deleted a LOT of things. One of the biggest things that happened was the deletion of God Kaze's "Card Makers Coliseum", which had over 300 posts at the time. Following this, I believe I was banned [though I am unsure - I forget xD] and was stripped of my moderating abilities.

Ex-Mods cannot delete, lock, or move anything (except our hips; we are known to be amazing dancers xP)... We just sit here looking nice.

So if you have an issue with anyone or anything, I'm clearly not the person to go to... Unless it's like, someone gave a really high rating on a card that deserved a 0.

[spoiler=:lol:]This is where it pays to keep your pimp hand strong xD

Here's the list of ex-mods:

DarkChaotix

SuperSanji

[~Do not forget us~]

xP

So that's it. If you ever want to know who is the moderator of what, you can look here or go to the bottom of the forum index. In the right hand corner, there is a link that says "Forum Team". This will take you to see every single usergroup. From there, you can see all the powers too.

If you have any questions, post them and I will address them.

I don't want to go into this again' date=' but after all I've done, ugh. *mumbles about not being a mod*

blablabla, nice guide, blablabala

*don't worry, im not still bent about u being a mod*

[/quote']

If you would have never complained about not being a mod, there might have been a chance that you'd actually become one.

Great guide, I'm not too sure about a sticky right now, but if it helps enough people then sure

Yeah, if you don't know me, you don't know nobody. xD

Bhim dawg, you forgot DarkChaotix and SuperSanji! :lol: Nice guide, I hope it will help.

Oh, there are more things that the Supers can do that you didn't mention. We keep those to our self.

Archived