Duel Academy: The Calm Before the Storm

"Very well, recruit, this is the situation before you. You have just one monster on your side of the field, and I have three. In addition, I have Swords of Reveiling light, and two other facedowns, and you have only one. You also are down to a small 1200 lifepoints, and I am at a full 8000. I have to admit, not one of the brightest duels I've had. And you think you can get in? I doubt well see you at Duel Academy, unless you can stop this. Dark Magician, attack his Weather Warrior - Thunderhead, and end this. Sorry, but try next year, ok?"

William Nimbus mearly stood with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. A small grin appeared on his face. "Proctor, you failed to notice that this facedown card has been sitting there since the duel began. I've been biding my time, waiting for the perfect strike, and now that you've gotten your three strongest monsters out, I've found my opening. Reveal trap: Abrupt Climate Shift! This card is one of the rare duel shift cards!"

The projectors lifted the trap card, and immedialty clouds swirled overhead and began to freeze the field. All the monsters, including his own froze in place, as well as the trap cards. In an instant all cards ont eh field and in their hand were destroyed. As Kevin drew his new hand, the protoc smiled. "Nice work, however, just because you cleared the field does not mean that youhave flipped the duel. You still have 1200 lifepoints to my full 8000."

"Proctor, with all due respect, you forget that climate change that is abrupt is prone to be a flip. So is this. You will notice that it is you, in fact, who has the 1200 and I have the 8000." Will said, as his lifepoints inccreased, and in one turn, he did the equivalent of 6800 points of damage.

"My turn, draw!" Will said, swiping a card from his disk, he looked at his new hand a smiled. He had what he needed. "I play Cell Convergence, which in fact allows me to fuse without Polymerization, which I will do. First, Weather Report and my own Dark Magician!" He held out the two cards, and the projections of themselves appeared, before jumping onto two hurricane like couds and mixing together. Soon a magician wearing dark purple and blue robes, with a weathervanestaff in one hand and a cup anemometer in another, with a hair-hat shaped and colored like a thunderhead appeared, looking solumn.

"I give you the Magician of Storms, but that not all, next I play Global Warming Paradox, to which I have to remove "Hurricane cat. 5 and Fujita Twister Lv. 5 from my grave, which are there due to my last card's effect, and now i give you Beast of the Superstorm!" Clouds swirled and a massive hurricane like cloud with a massive "eye" int he center of it, appeared over his entire side fo the field. Next, I use Cell Convergence again, and give you my ultimate beast! Arise, Jackhall - Master of the Superstorm! Direct Attack!"

Witht he duel over, and the proctor shakinghis head over the "overkill", Will walked back to his seat, pleased with the way his cards feel into place. "Ra Yellow, huh? Not the top, but certainly not he bottom either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Cards used:

wwthunder-1.jpgmagicianofstorms.jpg

beastofthesuperstorm-1.jpgmagicianofstorms.jpg

abruptclimateshift.jpg

This Fanfic is going to be a bit different... I invite the next person to write chapter two, either with me in it, or even about your own character, if you like... he can interact with me, do something after me... do something completely different... and then the cylce will continue after that... this will be a story that invloves all of us, and the only real dictation will be from me. No making your characters all powerful, and no doing something that is uncharacteristic of a character... meaning basically that you cannot control my, or anyone else's character. He can be mentioned, be interacted with, but you cannot speak for him, or do anything for him. Other than that.. go wild.

"Hah," laughed the Duel Proctor. "I might only have 3700 life points, but I DO have an unstoppable Blue-Eyes White Dragon on the field! But your situation is going to get a lot worse," he snarled. "I play Polymerization, and I fuse my Blue-Eyes with two more in my hand, and now I get to summon, the one, the only, the unstoppable force that is the Blue-Eyes ULTIMATE DRAGON!"

Malak bared flinched, as the behemoth monster took the field, despite the fact he had naught but 1200 life points left and two face-down cards, plus a field spell, Everest.

"Go, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" cried the Proctor. "Take him out!"

"I'm going to have to step in here," smirked Malak. "I activate my trap, Conscription! Now I discard 3 cards from my hand, and I get to summon 4 Conscript tokens to my field!"

"Pathetic," sneered the Proctor. "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon! Destroy one of those tokens!" Malak looked on, smiling faintly, as the massive dragon tore apart the tiny monster. "But now, I activate my spell card, De-Fusion! Now, I get all three of my Blue-Eyes back! And THAT means that all of those tokens are toasted!" He laughed. "Guess none of your cards seem to be doing anything good!"

"I activate my trap card," smirked Malak. "It's called Furious Retribution of the Snowbeast! And now for every monster you've just wiped off my field... all the monsters in my hand lose the exact same amount of levels until the end of my next turn."

"But I wiped out four monsters!" protested the Proctor.

"Exactly," smiled Malak, as he drew a card. "I can summon anything in my hand with eight or less levels. And I have a perfect candidate... I summon my Snowbeast Veteran LV 1!" he cried.

"Pathetic," retorted the Proctor. "Its' Level 8, and all it has is 2000 attack points?!"

"Maybe NOW he's weak," laughed Malak. "But I activate my spell card... Experience of a Thousand Battles! Now, for every monster on your field, my Snowbeast advances a level! And since you have three..."

"You get level four?" guessed the Proctor.

"Great, at least you're better at math then you are at duelling," replied Malak. "I get Snowbeast Veteran... LV 4!" (3700/2900)

"Hah!" laughed the Proctor. "All that to kill just one Blue-Eyes?"

"Wrong again," said Malak patronizingly. "You seem to just keep missing the point. You know how you said my Everest field spell was useless? Well, I agree with you. When Veteran LV 4 is summoned, if my Everest field spell happens to be on the field, I get to destroy every single card on the field and in our hands... EXCEPT my Veteran."

"But that means..." said the Proctor, realisation mixed with horror dawning across his face.

"Yep," replied Malak. "Snowbeast Veteran LV 4! Go, Snowfalling Sword Strike!"

The Proctor flew backwards as his life point counter careened from 3700 to 0.

"You're really not very good," said Malak patronizingly, standing above the man, who was huddled in a heap on the ground, obviously shaken from the sheer force of the blow.

Twenty minutes later, his trademark grin was still plastered across his face. "Ra Yellow," he mused. He laughed again. "Guess they marked me down on attitude." He shrugged, and started walking to... well, wherever he wanted to. "This is gunna be fun," he muttered to himself, still smiling.

a) It may not be set in the same timeframe as the Original series or GX;

b) It may not be set in the same universe as the Original series or GX;

c) Yeah, my part was a bit rushed... I had written something a lot bigger but then, of course, I get up just to get a drink and its' all gone, and my sisters' sitting here chatting idly on MSN. Sometimes I really feel like hitting her.

WD, can you clarify the timeframe/universe this is set in?

Good point.. my mistake...

This time is set after the era of Jaden Yuki... a new batch of students.

Also, would it not be possible for Kaiba to donate his deck for the purpose of seeing how much these kids live up to? If it were my school, I would do everything to make sure I wasn't accepting any Joey Wheelers... ya know what I mean?

Still if it bothers everyone... then I guess we could jsut limit the BEWD to Kaiba again...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest setojim

Ch. 2 The Evil Unknown (note: the winner of the duel is evil)

After Will Nimbus, and the remaining new students return to duel academy, the Championship Title match of the year is about to start on TV and Chancellor Shepord has ordered PPV so that the school could see it.

(On TV) the anouncer says,"Hello, Dueling fans. We are about to start the Title match for this year. Note, this will be the final title match that the Kaiba Dome will ever host. So we hope that you will enjoy the last bit of fame the Kaiba Dome has to offer. In the left corner, we have the king of games and winner of all of the worlds most prestegous duel monsters tournaments, Yugi Muto!!" The crowd screams like crazy as Yugi's platform rises from the floor. "And in our right corner, so far the 1 1/2 decade pro league champ, and new owner of industrial illusions, we give you, Drake Masters!!" The crowd screams loud enough for the stadium to start shaking.

"Now, dueling fans, let the duel begin!!" Drake says to Yugi,"It's an honor to duel the king of games. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to go easy on you because you're 40 years old. I'll start by doing this! (Drake draws a card from his interesting duel disk. Then he raises a card up and shows it to Yugi) I summon Charmer of the East Winds in attack mode! (4/Wind/Spellcaster/Effect/600/500) Then, I lay 2 cards face-down. Your move!" Yugi, looking not impressed, draws his card and then moves. "I summon my Queens knight in attack mode! Now attack his charmer with majestic slash attack! (The knight jumps at the charmer and slashes at the half-naked charmer.)" Drake intercepts Yugi's move,"Sorry, but I predicted that move, which is why I reveal my face-down card, Rainbow Generation! This trap lowers your knights ATK by 1000 points and then lets me summon 1 monster of the same attribute from my hand! So now I summon from my hand the Perfect Monarch (12/Light/Warrior/Effect/5000/5000)! Now your monster is forced to attack my charmer. Since its attack power was lowered by 1000 points, it is 100 points weaker than my charmer. (The knight's sword is stopped in charmer's spell and then he punches Queen's Knight in the stomach.) Once Charmer of the East Winds destoys another monster in a battle, that monster is removed from play and charmer recieves 500 attack points." (Life Points: Yugi-7900; Drake-8000) Yugi says finally,"Very well. I place 1 card face-down and end my turn." Drake, acting all tough, makes his next move,"Now, I summon Servant of the Forbidden One in attack mode (4/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/1100/100)! And his special effect allows me to summon 2 more from my deck with half of their original attack strength. Next, I activate the field spell card, Destiny Palace! (A giant palace rises behind Drake, shining with waves from the heavens.) This card increases the ATK of any attacking monster. Next, just to make sure you aren't depending on your face-down card to save you, I'll activate Mystical Space Typhoon! This card destroys any spell or trap card on the field, like your face-down. (The face-down card blows away like nothing happened.) Now, I attack you with my monsters, the Perfect Monarch, and my 3 sevants. First, Servants of the Forbidden One attack! And thanks to Destiny Palace, they gain 1000 points each." (Mages with huge staffs attack Yugi.) Yugi, all of a sudden, says,"I send my Kuriboh Army from my hand to my graveyard to negate all damage to my life points this turn." (Kuribohs surround Yugi and absorb all of the attacks.) Drake finishes,"You got off easy, but next turn you won't. I end with 1 face-down." Now back to Yugi,"I draw! Next, I activate my spell card, the Warrior Returning Alive! This moves my Queen's Knight back to my hand. Then I activate Polymerization! This lets me fuse all 3 of my knights from my hand together to form Arcana Joker's Knight in attack mode! (9/Light/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/3500/2750) Now attack one of his weaker servants! And thanks to your field spell, my knight gains 1000 attack points. (The knight attacks the servant and it busts into sparkles.) (Life Points: Yugi-7900; Drake-4050) That ends my turn!" Drake, all stunned that Yugi actually did damage, shakingly draws his card,"Excellent! It's time for me to end this duel. First, I reveal my face-down card, Abrupt Climate Shift. This card removes every card on the field and in our hands from play. Then, we each draw 5 cards. Then our life points switch. (Life Points: Yugi-3950; Drake-7900) Next, I activate the spell card Back to the Drawing Board! This card forces me to return my entire hand back to my deck and reduce my life points to 1 in order to pick any cards I want to replace the cards I returned. Now........let's see...........ahhh, there we go. Now I play the spell card, dimension force. This returns 1 card removed from play to my hand, but only if I have less than 3000 life points. Now, I return Destiny Palace to my hand. Next, I activate the spell card, Fusion of Fate. This lets me summon any fusion monster from my deck by sending the right monsters in my deck to the graveyard. But if it gets destroyed, I lose life points equal to its attack points. Now I fuse my 3 monsters together to summon the most powerful monster in my deck, Tri-mex, the Ultimate Destiny! (10/Dark/Creator/Destiny/Fusion/Effect/4000/4000) Now, when this perfect monster is summoned he destroys every monster on the field. Now, attack your hiness' life points directly! (Tri-mex raises his arm and punches Yugi so hard, he hits the back wall.) (Life Points: Yugi-0; Drake-1) I win."

Back at the academy, every student stands up and says,"NO WAY!!!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cards used:

Charmer of the East Winds

Wind

Spellcaster/Effect

When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that monster from play instead of sending it to the graveyard. Increase the ATK of this card by 500 points for every card removed from play.

Rainbow Generation

Trap card

Decrease the ATK of 1 attacking monster and special summon 1 monster from your hand of the same attribute, ignoring all summoning requirements.

Servant of the Forbidden One

Dark

Spellcaster/Effect

When this card is normal summoned, special summon as many copies of this card from your deck to your side of the field and reduce their ATK by half.

Destiny Palace

Field Spell card

All destiny monsters do not require any tributes to normal summon or special summon by their own effects. You must still follow the tribute rule for a monsters level although. When a destiny monster is summoned like this, it cannot attack during that turn. Increase the ATK of any attacking monster by 1000 points during the damage step only.

Abrubt Climate Shift

Trap card

(check the beginning of the thread for this card, and give credit to Weather Duelist)

Back to the Drawing Board

Spell card

Reduce your life points to 1. Return all cards in your hand to your deck and look though your deck for cards equal to the number of cards you returned to your deck and add them to your hand.

Fusion of Fate

Spell card

Send from your deck to the graveyard the fusion-material monsters listed in 1 fusion monster in your fusion deck. Special summon that 1 monster to your side of the field (this is treated as a fusion summon). If the special summoned monster is destroyed, inflict damage to your life points equal to the destroyed monsters ATK.

Tri-mex, the Ultimate Destiny

Dark

Creator/Destiny/Fusion/Effect

"Divine Creator - Inferno" + "Divine Creator - Hurricane" + "Divine Creator - Torrential"

This card can only be special summoned by fusion summon. Destroy all cards on the field, except this card, when this card is special summoned. This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of spell, trap, or monster cards.

(the following 3 cards were not used but I'll show them anyway)

Divine Creator - Hurricane

Wind

Creator/Destiny/Effect

You can remove 3 monsters from your deck from play to normal summon or special summon this card. Once per turn, during your main phase, you can tribute 2 monsters from your hand to skip 1 of your opponent's next phases.

Divine Creator - Inferno

Fire

Creator/Destiny/Effect

You can remove 3 monsters from your hand from play to normal summon or special summon this card. You can send 1 card from your hand to the graveyard to special summon 1 monster removed from play.

Divine Creator - Torrential

Water

Creator/Destiny/Effect

You can remove 3 monsters from your graveyard from play to normal summon or special summon this card from your hand or your graveyard. As long as this card remains face-up, your opponent cannot target any Destiny monsters by spell or trap effects.

Tell me what you think of both the cards and the chapter idea.

Archived