The School of Tutorials

Jak35

Here you post tutorials that you made.They need to be easy to understand and helpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachers:

Name:nukyasu

Programs: Paint.NET and The GIMP

Teaching:Banners, Renders, Avatars, Pixel Art, etc.

------------------------------------------------------

Name: Spiketail

Programs: Gimp

Teaching: Banners/sigs Booster Packs Holo cards Exc....

Tutorials:

[spoiler=nukyasu]Here is nukyasu’s Paint.NET School. You can continue reading or stop right here. Here is the table of contents.

CONTENTS:

1. Rendering

2. Avatars

3. Banners

4. Pixel Art

5. FINAL TIPS

6. Finishing Up

RENDERING:

To render, you may want to get a wavy outline or an exact outline. Get the magic wand and delete each piece of background separately. In hard to reach spaces, you might wanna use the eraser at about 2 and zoom in to about 1600. Carefully erase the rest or if you want, use the magic wand but make sure it only gets rid of the background and not the image. When you’ve done that, select your image with the select box, and then press Ctrl + C to copy. Click on file>New and then it’ll have the right dimensions. Press OK and then when the new window comes up, press Ctrl + V. This is the end of rendering and you’ll get some tips in step “5.FINAL TIPS”

OK. Now to step 2. First, Make a new image with dimensions 100x100 and make or find any background you want. Make a new layer and find an image. To find the image, first search DeviantART, then Photobucket and finally planet renders. One of them will have a pic you’re looking for. Right click on the image and then press copy. Then we go back to our image and paste the image on the top layer. Render the image by what I told you in “RENDERING” and when you have, you’ll see a bit of the background. If you want, double click on the top layer and play around with the opacity and blending mode. When you get what you like, press ok and then Ctrl + Shift + F.

MID BREAK: HOW TO SAVE AND UPLOAD IMAGES.

Save the image as a .PNG. Then upload it to an image hosting site and you’re done.

BANNERS:

Now we’ll make my famous “Splinter Banners”. First, make a new image with dimensions 280x100. Find an image and on DeviantART, Photobucket or planet renders. Right click and copy the image. When you have done that, Paste it into Paint.NET. Click “Keep Canvis Size” and manoeuvre the picture to where you want it to go. Render the image. Select the image and press Ctrl + C. Press Ctrl + Shift + V and then keep doing that but while you are doing that you have to keep moving the render to fill the background. When you have done that, press Ctrl + Shift + F. Run Effects>Blur>Splinter on default except distance on 28. Add a new layer and press Ctrl + V. Duplicate that layer and go to the bottom render layer. Run Effects>Distort>Jitter at default. The go to Effects>Blur>Zoom Blur and place the cursor in the middle of the image. Set the amount to 21. Then do this. Make a new layer and add the text. Duplicate the layer and go to the bottom text layer. Run Effects>Distort>Jitter at default. The go to Effects>Blur>Zoom Blur and place the cursor in the middle of the text. Set the amount to 21. Flatten the image by pressing Ctrl + Shift + F. Then save and host the banner.

PIXEL ART(THIS IS WRITTEN BY A TUTORIAL I FOUND AND I WROTE IT IN MY OWN WORDS)

Basic Art Skills

Basic art skills-you must have knowledge of the colour, texture, perspective, form and anatomy, as well as a fair bit of experience of looking at things, transfers just as well into this digital medium as they do into others. Any inability to produce pixel art you are happy with may be due to deviancy in this type of area. If you cant draw something on paper – or at least tell good art apart from bad, you may struggle doing pixel art. If this is the case, then you may need some help on drawing by asking someone you know who draws well.

nothing ever works the first

The first couple iterations of your line art or shaded image may look terrible the first few times. Don’t be disheartened – even the most seemingly hideous mistakes can be edited to make a decent piece of pixel art. I quite often find myself working by the process of refinement. When the latest version of your pixel art/sprite is complete, take a good look at it before fixing it up to make it look even better because you may like it the way it is. This “tweaking” usually breaks down into a simple, 3 step cycle:

1 - What is wrong with your sprite?

2 – How can I fix it? (Often defined by 1)

3 – Fixing it.

Check out this progression. What were you thinking when you started? Nevertheless, I think I saved it.

The Use of References

Most of the time, you can make up for a lack of knowledge of your subject by working from photo’s or any other type of images. These pictures can be found from a lot of sources, the most immediate being the search engine built into your internet. You can find nice and interesting Colours from other people’s pictures.

Tools You Need

All the tools you really will need are the pencil, eraser and colour picker. If you’re making a sprite of an image, you’ll need the colour picker. If not, just make custom colours for the sprite. When you are ready to do the outline, pick the colour but to get a better colour use the colour picker or make a custom colour. Make the outline. The pencil also helps you colour in the sprite. The eraser is if you accidentally make a mistake.

Line Art

Once you have a firm concept of what you want to draw in your mind, the formation of sprites invariably begins with its outline. At first glance these outlines appear harsh and jagged, due to the shape of pixels and their colour. Don't worry about this - things will get better later. I strongly advise that you edit every line down to a single pixel thickness. This is an annoying chore at times, but it does improve your sprite. Failure to put in this effort shows in the reduced quality of the final piece.

Colors and RGB Values

Once you are happy with your line art, you need to decide how to colour it good. A good selection of colors not only takes your art closer to looking like a real object, but can add personality to it.

Conversely inappropriate use of/or mixing of colour is instantly noticeable and most distracting. For art in general, I find it better to use 'softer' colors and avoid strong colors (ones with a very high value in one or two RGB values, and a very low value in the others ) They have their spot, but they are very garish and I wouldn’t advise using them. Finding the right colour(s) for your sprite isn't always that easy. Some experimentation may be required, so don't be afraid to use those RGB sliders.

Shading

All objects have three dimensions. Their form becomes powerfully defined under a source of light. Planes facing towards the source are illuminated. Planes facing away are starved of light and remain dim. On a two-dimensional computer screen, it is the job of this shading to convey a sense of form and depth.

Now that we have shape from our line art, and the colour, we can variate that colour to really bring our piece to look like its…well…..Real I guess.

In order to begin shading an object, it is important to first establish where light falling upon it is coming from.

For outdoor settings, or indoor areas with consistent overhead lighting, it helps to pick a constant direction for light to fall from. Some people like their light to fall from the upper left corner or upper right corner of their image.

Areas with one or more lightsources illuminating shapes all around them are a special case and require a little more work and attention. Good use of alternate light sources helps create an atmosphere in a scene. It is a rather obvious thing.

With our light source established, we can finally shade our object. At this point you may find your picture appears to be to light or too dark and need to correct the tones you are using for the image. This is not uncommon. The distance between different shades is by no means constant.

For more cuboids shapes, the top and bottom surfaces are best implied by a really narrow area of shading.

SOFTENING OUTLINES

Now that your sprite is almost looking like the finished product, one problem may remain - those dark outlines that we started with.

In some parts they are fine, but in others, especially areas where colors are primarily pale, they appear horrible and inappropriate. The obvious solution is to lighten them up a bit.

I'll split this down into three sections.

1.Softening Outlines

2.Brightening Outlines

3.Removing Outlines

1.SOFTENING OUTLINES

In most cases the most appropriate action is to replace the black outline with a colour closer to the surrounding shades.

Light is an important consideration here. Lines under direct light should be lightened more. Lines in shadow should be lightened less, if at all.

2.BRIGHTENING OUTLINES

Sometimes the shade you want to replace the lineart with is lighter than its surrounding shades. I find this useful along the non-outline edges of a shape where edges meet.

3.REMOVING OUTLINES

In some cases the sprite will look a lot better if certain pieces of outlines are removed entirely, and replaced by an adjacent colour. This includes instances such as edges between skin and clothes, and colors painted on a surface.

FINISHING UP PIXEL ART

You can use anti-aliasing to make the outline smoother and only save as a .PNG to get a better resulted image.

FINAL TIPS

1.Always save as a .PNG as saving as any thing else will result in your picture going grainy

2.Whenever rendering or making pixel art, you can use anti-aliasing at the end to get a better result.

3.When ever you make a piece of GFX, make sure to look at it first and say to yourself “Is that the best I can do” and if it isn’t the best you can do always edit it.

FINISHING UP

Well that’s the end of my Paint.NET GFX Guide so I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope you memorize it.

Form To Join:

-------------

Teacher

Name:

Programs:

Teaching:

==========

Student

Name:

Teacher:

Programs:

==========

If you post a tut. please post it in here not in a link.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Here is nukyasu’s Paint.NET School. You can continue reading or stop right here. Here is the table of contents.

CONTENTS:

1. Rendering

2. Avatars

3. Banners

4. Pixel Art

5. FINAL TIPS

6. Finishing Up

RENDERING:

To render, you may want to get a wavy outline or an exact outline. Get the magic wand and delete each piece of background separately. In hard to reach spaces, you might wanna use the eraser at about 2 and zoom in to about 1600. Carefully erase the rest or if you want, use the magic wand but make sure it only gets rid of the background and not the image. When you’ve done that, select your image with the select box, and then press Ctrl + C to copy. Click on file>New and then it’ll have the right dimensions. Press OK and then when the new window comes up, press Ctrl + V. This is the end of rendering and you’ll get some tips in step “5.FINAL TIPS”

OK. Now to step 2. First, Make a new image with dimensions 100x100 and make or find any background you want. Make a new layer and find an image. To find the image, first search DeviantART, then Photobucket and finally planet renders. One of them will have a pic you’re looking for. Right click on the image and then press copy. Then we go back to our image and paste the image on the top layer. Render the image by what I told you in “RENDERING” and when you have, you’ll see a bit of the background. If you want, double click on the top layer and play around with the opacity and blending mode. When you get what you like, press ok and then Ctrl + Shift + F.

MID BREAK: HOW TO SAVE AND UPLOAD IMAGES.

Save the image as a .PNG. Then upload it to an image hosting site and you’re done.

BANNERS:

Now we’ll make my famous “Splinter Banners”. First, make a new image with dimensions 280x100. Find an image and on DeviantART, Photobucket or planet renders. Right click and copy the image. When you have done that, Paste it into Paint.NET. Click “Keep Canvis Size” and manoeuvre the picture to where you want it to go. Render the image. Select the image and press Ctrl + C. Press Ctrl + Shift + V and then keep doing that but while you are doing that you have to keep moving the render to fill the background. When you have done that, press Ctrl + Shift + F. Run Effects>Blur>Splinter on default except distance on 28. Add a new layer and press Ctrl + V. Duplicate that layer and go to the bottom render layer. Run Effects>Distort>Jitter at default. The go to Effects>Blur>Zoom Blur and place the cursor in the middle of the image. Set the amount to 21. Then do this. Make a new layer and add the text. Duplicate the layer and go to the bottom text layer. Run Effects>Distort>Jitter at default. The go to Effects>Blur>Zoom Blur and place the cursor in the middle of the text. Set the amount to 21. Flatten the image by pressing Ctrl + Shift + F. Then save and host the banner.

PIXEL ART(THIS IS WRITTEN BY A TUTORIAL I FOUND AND I WROTE IT IN MY OWN WORDS)

Basic Art Skills

Basic art skills-you must have knowledge of the colour, texture, perspective, form and anatomy, as well as a fair bit of experience of looking at things, transfers just as well into this digital medium as they do into others. Any inability to produce pixel art you are happy with may be due to deviancy in this type of area. If you cant draw something on paper – or at least tell good art apart from bad, you may struggle doing pixel art. If this is the case, then you may need some help on drawing by asking someone you know who draws well.

nothing ever works the first

The first couple iterations of your line art or shaded image may look terrible the first few times. Don’t be disheartened – even the most seemingly hideous mistakes can be edited to make a decent piece of pixel art. I quite often find myself working by the process of refinement. When the latest version of your pixel art/sprite is complete, take a good look at it before fixing it up to make it look even better because you may like it the way it is. This “tweaking” usually breaks down into a simple, 3 step cycle:

1 - What is wrong with your sprite?

2 – How can I fix it? (Often defined by 1)

3 – Fixing it.

Check out this progression. What were you thinking when you started? Nevertheless, I think I saved it.

The Use of References

Most of the time, you can make up for a lack of knowledge of your subject by working from photo’s or any other type of images. These pictures can be found from a lot of sources, the most immediate being the search engine built into your internet. You can find nice and interesting Colours from other people’s pictures.

Tools You Need

All the tools you really will need are the pencil, eraser and colour picker. If you’re making a sprite of an image, you’ll need the colour picker. If not, just make custom colours for the sprite. When you are ready to do the outline, pick the colour but to get a better colour use the colour picker or make a custom colour. Make the outline. The pencil also helps you colour in the sprite. The eraser is if you accidentally make a mistake.

Line Art

Once you have a firm concept of what you want to draw in your mind, the formation of sprites invariably begins with its outline. At first glance these outlines appear harsh and jagged, due to the shape of pixels and their colour. Don't worry about this - things will get better later. I strongly advise that you edit every line down to a single pixel thickness. This is an annoying chore at times, but it does improve your sprite. Failure to put in this effort shows in the reduced quality of the final piece.

Colors and RGB Values

Once you are happy with your line art, you need to decide how to colour it good. A good selection of colors not only takes your art closer to looking like a real object, but can add personality to it.

Conversely inappropriate use of/or mixing of colour is instantly noticeable and most distracting. For art in general, I find it better to use 'softer' colors and avoid strong colors (ones with a very high value in one or two RGB values, and a very low value in the others ) They have their spot, but they are very garish and I wouldn’t advise using them. Finding the right colour(s) for your sprite isn't always that easy. Some experimentation may be required, so don't be afraid to use those RGB sliders.

Shading

All objects have three dimensions. Their form becomes powerfully defined under a source of light. Planes facing towards the source are illuminated. Planes facing away are starved of light and remain dim. On a two-dimensional computer screen, it is the job of this shading to convey a sense of form and depth.

Now that we have shape from our line art, and the colour, we can variate that colour to really bring our piece to look like its…well…..Real I guess.

In order to begin shading an object, it is important to first establish where light falling upon it is coming from.

For outdoor settings, or indoor areas with consistent overhead lighting, it helps to pick a constant direction for light to fall from. Some people like their light to fall from the upper left corner or upper right corner of their image.

Areas with one or more lightsources illuminating shapes all around them are a special case and require a little more work and attention. Good use of alternate light sources helps create an atmosphere in a scene. It is a rather obvious thing.

With our light source established, we can finally shade our object. At this point you may find your picture appears to be to light or too dark and need to correct the tones you are using for the image. This is not uncommon. The distance between different shades is by no means constant.

For more cuboids shapes, the top and bottom surfaces are best implied by a really narrow area of shading.

SOFTENING OUTLINES

Now that your sprite is almost looking like the finished product, one problem may remain - those dark outlines that we started with.

In some parts they are fine, but in others, especially areas where colors are primarily pale, they appear horrible and inappropriate. The obvious solution is to lighten them up a bit.

I'll split this down into three sections.

1.Softening Outlines

2.Brightening Outlines

3.Removing Outlines

1.SOFTENING OUTLINES

In most cases the most appropriate action is to replace the black outline with a colour closer to the surrounding shades.

Light is an important consideration here. Lines under direct light should be lightened more. Lines in shadow should be lightened less, if at all.

2.BRIGHTENING OUTLINES

Sometimes the shade you want to replace the lineart with is lighter than its surrounding shades. I find this useful along the non-outline edges of a shape where edges meet.

3.REMOVING OUTLINES

In some cases the sprite will look a lot better if certain pieces of outlines are removed entirely, and replaced by an adjacent colour. This includes instances such as edges between skin and clothes, and colors painted on a surface.

FINISHING UP PIXEL ART

You can use anti-aliasing to make the outline smoother and only save as a .PNG to get a better resulted image.

FINAL TIPS

1.Always save as a .PNG as saving as any thing else will result in your picture going grainy

2.Whenever rendering or making pixel art, you can use anti-aliasing at the end to get a better result.

3.When ever you make a piece of GFX, make sure to look at it first and say to yourself “Is that the best I can do” and if it isn’t the best you can do always edit it.

FINISHING UP

Well that’s the end of my Paint.NET GFX Guide so I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope you memorize it.

here is my a userbar tut

ok here is my tut on ho to make a userbar

1.your going to start out by making a new page Gimp>File>New

2.make it 350 width 19 hight

3.next get the blend tool

4. now pick your to colours and draw a line from side to side or up to down wat ever you think looks goood

5. now take the rectangle select tool and draw the rectangle over the top half of the bar

6.after that get your fill bucket change the colour to white

7.then change the opacity to about 10-15

8.then fill in the top half of the bar

9. now get ur render

10. no cut it out the exsact same as you would for a banner

11. then copy and past it

12.position it

13. now put ur text in it

then ur done

Archived