Spellcaster Support Cards

Engetsu

Just a couple of Spellcaster supports. Nothing special.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

Image Credit=Jazin Kay

[spoiler=Star Magician of the Secret Village][img]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7119/252705.jpg[/img]
This card can only be used as Synchro Material for a Spellcaster-Type Synchro Monster. If this card is used for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a Level 2 OR Level 4 monster. If this card was sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon, you can place 1 Spell Counter on a face-up card you can place a Spell Counter on.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Necrosage of the Secret Village][img]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6633/252705u.jpg[/img]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Necromagic" Token (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 Spellcaster-Type monster (other than this card) to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect and destroy that card. This effect can be activated during either player's turn. [/spoiler]

The first two effects of your effect monster cannot occur once it has been used for the Summon correctly, can they? Also, wouldn't, perhaps, "This card can only be used for the Synchro Summon of a Spellcaster-Type monster." be more applicable?

non-Tuner I think, though I could be wrong. Your monster's effect seems slightly lackluster for a seven-star Synchro, and also slightly bland, but as this is Spellcaster support it's a likely card effect and a nice, fitting alternative to something like Solemn Judgement, provided you can rush it out and protect it. Necromagic Tokens feel like they could use some additional support as well now, however.

[quote name='Snitch' timestamp='1289664793' post='4781472']
The first two effects of your effect monster cannot occur once it has been used for the Summon correctly, can they? Also, wouldn't, perhaps, "This card can only be used for the Synchro Summon of a Spellcaster-Type monster." be more applicable?

non-Tuner I think, though I could be wrong. Your monster's effect seems slightly lackluster for a seven-star Synchro, and also slightly bland, but as this is Spellcaster support it's a likely card effect and a nice, fitting alternative to something like Solemn Judgement, provided you can rush it out and protect it. Necromagic Tokens feel like they could use some additional support as well now, however.
[/quote]

I have no idea actually, but if it cannot work, then is there any fixes you would like to suggest? If all possible, I would like to keep those level adjusting effects, even if I have to remove the Spell Counter part of the effect off, and eh I guess, I'll make that change now.

The Synchro monster is a eight-star Synchro, look again. I wasn't aiming towards creativity in making these cards, I was trying to make them useful cards without being op'ed/broken. Also the Necromagic Token is mainly fuel for the card's effect. It doesn't need further support.

[quote name='Engetsu' timestamp='1289665231' post='4781480']
I have no idea actually, but if it cannot work, then is there any fixes you would like to suggest? If all possible, I would like to keep those level adjusting effects, even if I have to remove the Spell Counter part of the effect off, and eh I guess, I'll make that change now.

The Synchro monster is a eight-star Synchro, look again. I wasn't aiming towards creativity in making these cards, I was trying to make them useful cards without being op'ed/broken. Also the Necromagic Token is mainly fuel for the card's effect. It doesn't need further support.
[/quote]

Well, if you use a monster for a Synchro Summon, it has been used, and then you have the effect to lower it's level when it's in the Graveyard or Removed From Play, from the way you have it now and how I can see. I do understand the effect you're trying to create though.

My mistake, and I know what you were trying to do, but bland effects are just an irk of mine and don't spice up the game. I also see what you're saying about the Token, and I suppose that's fine to leave.

[quote name='FTW (For The Wynn)' timestamp='1289665336' post='4781482']
Corrected OCG for Star Magician: This card can only be used as Synchro Material for a Spellcaster-Type Synchro Monster.
[/quote]

*makes the necessary fix* Thanks again FTW.

[quote name='Snitch' timestamp='1289665615' post='4781491']
Well, if you use a monster for a Synchro Summon, it has been used, and then you have the effect to lower it's level when it's in the Graveyard or Removed From Play, from the way you have it now and how I can see. I do understand the effect you're trying to create though.

My mistake, and I know what you were trying to do, but bland effects are just an irk of mine and don't spice up the game. I also see what you're saying about the Token, and I suppose that's fine to leave.
[/quote]

Yeah I see where you're going with that, my mistake. I make some changes to it now (using Tuningware as a reference), so is it better now?

Bland effects don't really interest me either tbh, but I have a difficult time making creative and balanced cards, so I'm just making support cards in the meantime until I get better with the whole cardmaking thing.

[quote name='Snitch' timestamp='1289666426' post='4781510']
Level should be caps'd, but apart from that it's looking okay to me now. I guess we're all just making mistakes here, and fair enough about the bland effects/creativity balance thing.
[/quote]

Fixed, and trust me, if I had a more creative mind while knowing what to balance out it's effects with, I would only be making creative cards.

Anyways thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.

Archived