♫ The Fragrance of Music ♪ FINISHED

Lexadin

Dingo_is_cool, Thermatic, TJP12409 and Simdoggy are added.

he said at LEAST 8 people. I'm in. Song: trying to decide between Holiday by Green Day or Not Afraid by Eminem.

Yeah, you're right.

Ok, I'll add you asa you've chosen your song.

Im going to back outr of the contest

I'm sorry to hear that, but ok.

Oh, and btw the end Date has been added.

I've based my trio of cards on a specific section of the song I chose:

Tell me would you kill to save for a life?

Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?

Crash, crash, burn let it all burn.

This hurricane is chasing us all underground.

No matter how many deaths that I die, I will never forget.

No matter how many lives I live, I will never regret.

There's a fire inside this heart and a riot about to explode into flames.

As such, their effects mirror the acts described in the lyrics; each taking a section of the abstract. As for the name "Vindication", it seemed fitting since 'to vindicate' is to avenge. These cards only gain the effects once another monster has been destroyed, ie they are 'avenging' that monster's death.

[spoiler=Vindication Paladaemon]

2ljnc3l.png

Effect: This card is also treated as a FIRE monster. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 other monster you control instead. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 other monster you control to force the activation of 1 face-down Trap Card your opponent controls. If the timing of the activation of the forced card is incorrect, negate the effect and destroy it. If it is not a Trap Card, return it to its original position. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a "Vindication" monster, select 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard. The selected card cannot be used while this card is in the Graveyard.

Relation to lyrics:

Tell me would you kill to save for a life? This card destroys (or 'kills') other monsters to destroy or reveal your opponent's waiting traps, thus possibly saving your monsters' 'lives'.

No matter how many deaths that I die, I will never forget. The never-forgetting part comes from the fact that it seals (remembers and doesn't forget) one card in your opponent's Graveyard each time it dies.

[spoiler=Maiden of Brazen Vindication]

neepa8.png

Effect: This card is also treated as a DARK monster. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 other monster you control instead. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 other monster you control to select 1 Set Monster Card your opponent controls and declare an Attribute. If the selected monster has the declared Attribute, destroy it. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a "Vindication" monster, add 1 "Maiden of Brazen Vindication" from your Deck to your hand.

Relation to lyrics:

Tell me would you kill to prove you're right? This card destroys monsters in order to guess the Attribute of Set opponent's monsters. As in, it kills to prove your guess right.

No matter how many lifes I live, I will never regret. Its effect of adding another "Maiden of Brazen Vindication" to your hand links to the fact it doesn't care how many monsters need to be 'killed', it doesn't regret it and thus continues the chain with more fodder.

[spoiler=Hurricane of Vindication]

155i1yd.png

Effect: 1 "Vindication" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 other monster you control instead. Twice per turn, you can destroy 1 other monster you control to select 1 card in your opponent's hand and declare a type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap Card). If the selected card is of the declared type, discard it from your opponent's hand. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a "Vindication" monster, roll 1 six-sided die. Your opponent reveals cards in their Extra Deck equal to the die result and takes damage equal to the combined Levels of the revealed monsters x 100. Your opponent's Extra Deck is then shuffled.

Relation to lyrics:

This hurricane is chasing us all underground and Tell me would you kill to prove you're right? The 'hurricane' referenced in the song and a variation on "Paladaemon's" effect.

Crash, crash, burn let it all burn and There's a fire inside this heart and a riot about to explode into flames Both indicate a burn effect; I came up with a variation of a standard burning, with the potential to cause serious harm to your opponent (ie a riot that does explode into flames and spreads).

Ok, I'm done.

[spoiler=Blissful Ignorance]

'Pretentious Attention, Dismissive Apprehension

don't waste your time on coffins today

when we decline, from the confines of our mind'

The song refers to the covering up of the extent of wars and suffering, the ignorant people happy to believe whatever is most practical to them, people refusing to let those dying and suffering in places such as Iraq be on their minds, but rather dismiss the existance of the devastation and look to something else far less significant, not just for the Americans, but also Iraqi's.

BlissfulIgnorance.png

This card cannot be activated on your 1st turn. Once per turn, if there are no monster cards on your field, increase your Life Points by 1000. If there are no cards on your field except this card, increase your Life Points by 2000 instead. When a monster you control is destroyed, increase your Life Points equal to the amount of monster cards in your Graveyard x100. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy all cards on your field.

[spoiler=Shocking Reality]

'I loved you,

yesterday

before you killed my family'

Simliarly to above, except more focused on the politicians, who are aware of the shocking reality of the deaths and casualities and general lack of progress of the Iraq War, but carry on regardless, whilst hiding any concerns from the publics view. But eventually the truth comes out, and the deaths of soldiers are constant reminders. Also, it symbolizes that Politicians are to blame for the hatred created, as each side starts to hate each other for actions they are only performing because of there occupation and duty, being abused by those in authority.

ShockingReality.png

This card cannot be activated. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effects while in a Spell & Trap Card Zone you control, halve both players Life Points and destroy all cards on the field. As long as this card is in your Graveyard, neither player can activate or Set Spell and Trap Cards.

[spoiler=Soldier Of Desperation]

'Don't you see their bodies burning?'

The reminder that whilst politicians are ordering troops and controlling propaganda, they aren't the ones on the front line in danger, face to face with the matter at hand. It highlights that not just the military are killed, but also innocent people and children, all have their lives effected or even taken from them as a result of needless warring.

SoldierOfDesperation.png

If "Shocking Reality" is in your Graveyard, this card's original ATK is doubled. When this card is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard. Both players skip his/her next Battle Phase. You can remove from play this card in your Graveyard, if you do, Special Summon 1 "Soldier Of Desperation" from your Graveyard or Deck in Defense Position.

Here are my cards and lyrics and song.

[spoiler=Song and Lyrics] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U2K1ski728

Say, hey!

Hear the sound of the falling rain

Coming down like an Armageddon flame

The shame, the ones who died without a name

Hear the dogs howling out of key

To a hymn called "Faith and Misery"

And bleed, the company lost the war today

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies

This is the dawning of the rest of our lives

On Holiday

Hear the drum pounding out of time

Another protester has crossed the line

To find the money's on the other side

Can I get another Amen?

There's a flag wrapped around a score of men

A gag, a plastic bag on a monument

On holiday

The representative from California has the floor

Zieg Heil to the president gasman

Bombs away is your punishment

Pulverize the Eiffel towers

Who criticize your government

Bang, bang goes the broken glass

Kill all the f*gs that don't agree

Trials by fire, setting fire

Is not a way that's meant for me

Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws, yeah

This is our lives on holiday

[spoiler=Card 1] 59945j.jpg

lore: All monsters on the field are treated as if they were in the Graveyard. No monsters on the field can attack. Your hand is treated as a 6th Monster Card Zone (all normal conditions apply). Monsters Summoned in your hand can attack your opponent directly, but any damage it inflicts is halved. On the 2nd Standby Phase after this card is destroyed, search your deck for a "The Endless Holiday" and put it on the top of your deck.

On Holiday

[spoiler=Card 2] 59945.jpg

lore: When this card is activated, destroy all of the monsters you control. Hear the sound of the falling rain Coming down like an Armageddon flame For each monster destroyed, put a Shame Counter on this card. Whenever a monster is sent to the Graveyard, remove it from play and put a Shame Counter on this card. The shame, the ones who died without a name Whenever this card would be destroyed, remove 2 Shame Counters instead. When this card has 10 Shame Counters on it, each time your opponent attacks, they roll a die. If the result isn't a 6, they lose 500 Life Points. Hear the dogs howling out of key To a hymn called "Faith and Misery" When this card has 20 Shame Counters on it, move all monsters Removed from play by this card's effect to their owner's Graveyards. Both players lose Life Points equal to the number of cards sent to their Graveyard by this effect x 200. There's a flag wrapped around a score of men

[spoiler=Card 3] 59945k.jpg

lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Removing 5 DARK Fiend-Type Monsters in your Graveyard from play. During each of your Standby Phases after this card is Summoned, select one of the monsters who were Removed from play by this card's effect and move it to your Graveyard. Until your End Phase this card's name is treated as that monster's name and it gains that monster's effect(s). This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the number of cards in your Graveyard x 100.

The representative from ******** has the floor

Zieg Heil to the president gasman

Bombs away is your punishment

Pulverize the Eiffel towers

Who criticize your government

Bang, bang goes the broken glass

Kill all the f*gs that don't agree

Trials by fire, setting fire

Is not a way that's meant for me

Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws, yeah

I feel that I caught the overall gist of the song, along with the mood.

hope I do well!

EDIT:

Ok, I'm done.

[spoiler=Blissful Ignorance]

'Pretentious Attention, Dismissive Apprehension

don't waste your time on coffins today

when we decline, from the confines of our mind'

The song refers to the covering up of the extent of wars and suffering, the ignorant people happy to believe whatever is most practical to them, people refusing to let those dying and suffering in places such as Iraq be on their minds, but rather dismiss the existance of the devastation and look to something else far less significant, not just for the Americans, but also Iraqi's.

BlissfulIgnorance.png

This card cannot be activated on your 1st turn. Once per turn, if there are no monster cards on your field, increase your Life Points by 1000. If there are no cards on your field except this card, increase your Life Points by 2000 instead. When a monster you control is destroyed, increase your Life Points equal to the amount of monster cards in your Graveyard x100. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy all cards on your field.

[spoiler=Shocking Reality]

'I loved you,

yesterday

before you killed my family'

Simliarly to above, except more focused on the politicians, who are aware of the shocking reality of the deaths and casualities and general lack of progress of the Iraq War, but carry on regardless, whilst hiding any concerns from the publics view. But eventually the truth comes out, and the deaths of soldiers are constant reminders. Also, it symbolizes that Politicians are to blame for the hatred created, as each side starts to hate each other for actions they are only performing because of there occupation and duty, being abused by those in authority.

ShockingReality.png

This card cannot be activated. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effects while in a Spell & Trap Card Zone you control, halve both players Life Points and destroy all cards on the field. As long as this card is in your Graveyard, neither player can activate or Set Spell and Trap Cards.

[spoiler=Soldier Of Desperation]

'Don't you see their bodies burning?'

The reminder that whilst politicians are ordering troops and controlling propaganda, they aren't the ones on the front line in danger, face to face with the matter at hand. It highlights that not just the military are killed, but also innocent people and children, all have their lives effected or even taken from them as a result of needless warring.

SoldierOfDesperation.png

If "Shocking Reality" is in your Graveyard, this card's original ATK is doubled. When this card is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard. Both players skip his/her next Battle Phase. You can remove from play this card in your Graveyard, if you do, Special Summon 1 "Soldier Of Desperation" from your Graveyard or Deck in Defense Position.

I just realized our songs are about the same thing :blink:

Sorry for being so late with the results. But I had some RL things to do.

Anyway, the winner is MAX DARKNESS!!!

The prize will be given asap.

[spoiler=Ratings]

[spoiler=Chillaccino]

Card 1

Apearance: 7/10

OCG: 9/10

Originality: 7/10

Connection with the song: 9.5/10

Ballance: 9/10

Total: 8.3/10

Card 2

Apearance: 10/10

OCG: 10/10

Originality: 8/10

Connection with the song: 9/10

Ballance: 9.2/10

Total: 9.2/10

Card 3

Apearance: 8/10

Originality: 7.7/10

Ballance: 9/10

Total: 8.7/10

TOTAL: 8.7/10

[spoiler=Spoon]

Card 1

Apearance: 9/10

Originality: 9.5/10

Ballance: 8.5/10

Total: 9.2/10

Card 2

Apearance: 8.9/10

Originality: 9/10

Connection with the song: 9.4/10

Ballance: 8.7/10

Total: 9/10

Card 3

Apearance: 8.2/10

OCG: 9.5/10

Originality: 10/10

Ballance: 6/10

Total: 8.5/10

TOTAL: 8.9/10

[spoiler=Endless Nightmares]

Card 1

Apearance: 6/10

OCG: 8.5/10

Originality: 8.8/10

Connection with the song: 8.9/10

Ballance: 5/10

Total: 7.4/10

Card 2

Apearance: 6.9/10

OCG: 6/10

Originality: 6.8/10

Ballance: 7/10

Total: 7.1/10

Card 3

OCG: 8/10

Originality: 7.8/10

Connection with the song: 7.7/10

TOTAL: 7.2/10

[spoiler=Dingo_is_cool]

Card 1

Apearance: 6.7/10

OCG: 7.4/10

Originality: 8/10

Connection with the song: 7/10

Total: 7.2/10

Card 2

OCG: 7/10

Originality: 7.8/10

Connection with the song: 7/10

Ballance: 7.5/10

Card 3

OCG: 8/10

Originality: 6/10

Connection with the song: 5.5/10

Total: 6.5/10

TOTAL: 6.9/10

[spoiler=Simdoggy]

Card 1

OCG: 6.7/10

Originality: 6/10

Connection with the song: 7.7/10

Ballance: 5/10

Total: 6.3/10

Card 2

Apearance: 4/10

OCG: 7/10

Connection with the song: 5/10

Total: 5.8/10

Card 3

Apearance: 6.3/10

OCG: 6/10

Connection with the song: 5/10

Ballance: 8/10

Total: 6.4/10

TOTAL: 6.2/10

[spoiler=Max Darkness]

Card 1

Apearance: 9.2/10

OCG: 9.8/10

Originality: 9.7/10

Ballance: 9.7/10

Total: 9.5/10

Card 2

Connection with the song: 9.7/10

Ballance: 9.2/10

Total: 9.5/10

Card 3

Apearance: 8.8/10

Connection with the song: 9.2/10

Ballance: 9.5/10

Total: 9.4/10

TOTAL: 9.5/10

[spoiler=Thermatic]

Card 1

Apearance: 8.8/10

Originality: 8.1/10

Connection with the song: 9.4/10

Ballance: 9.3/10

Card 2

Apearance: 8.5/10

Connection with the song: 8/10

Ballance: 7.8/10

Total: 8.8/10

Card 3

Apearance: 9.3/10

Originality: 8.5/10

Connection with the song: 7.5/10

Total: 8.7/10

TOTAL: 8.8/10

[spoiler=<}Alpha Frogodile{>]

Card 1

Apearance: 7.4/10

OCG: 8.2/10

Originality: 10/10

Connection with the song: 6/10

Total: 7.7/10

Card 2

Apearance: 10/10

Originality: 8.7/10

Connection with the song: 8/10

Ballance: 9.3/10

Card 3

Originality: 8.8/10

Connection with the song: 6/10

Total: 8.3/10

TOTAL: 8.3/10

Wee... second place... no rewards, but who cares about that anyway :P Congratulations to Max Darkness, that victory was well-deserved.

Loved the idea, was kind of fun to get the relationship just right. Thanks for holding the contest, hope you do something like that in the future again ;)

Archived